thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #5 The selfish life of the selfish sweaty floor lovers of moonboot condoms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it's not a BQ level steady/easy run, but I think even she has acknowledged she's not BQ ready right now. I think she needs to focus on breaking 4 first, which is a bit more realistic
Agree! Smarter training, preparing properly for a race; not running a 60k week the week before you “race”, picking a A race and sticking to that and then maybe that sub 4 will come and on a few years maybe a BQ

Reactions: 3
Yeah it's not a BQ level steady/easy run, but I think even she has acknowledged she's not BQ ready right now. I think she needs to focus on breaking 4 first, which is a bit more realistic
This!!! I’m a mediocre runner at best. Better at the endurance stuff but I’m quicker than her on all distances and my marathon PB is 4.06 so she needs to be realistic and set achievable goals each season 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
For context, Lizzie (Runner of 4) today ran 1:23 when her half PB is 1:21. So Kelly's 2:01 would equate to around 1:59 on a flat course. She was definitely not taking it "easy" -156 is about 90% of her max HR.

She hasn't even sub 4:30 yet ever. She is so far off from her goals it's laughable. It's no wonder she DNS all the time. She asks and makes a YouTube competition for people to guess finish time and they are all around 45 minutes faster than her PB. It's embarrassing to say the least.

Reactions: 9
She must be on a train as it was a point to point race.
The course looked brutal but I've seen lots of PB's today from runners who race frequently.

Tits saying it was a slow, short long run for him 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
What got me was her coming down the finish with Go Pro in hand. That would piss me off so much.

Reactions: 7
I wish they would ban the use of go pros, and filming in general, in races. She films all these people who aren’t consenting to being put on IG/YT and it really really really pisses me off for reasons I’ve waxed lyrical about before. They may choose to post their entire lives online but that is their choice. If you’re reading here, give others the respect they deserve to make their own choice about whether they are online or not. Ffs.

Reactions: 17
Reckon she’s going for the 100km week next week. For the Strava graph innit. Literally week one of
‘this block’ and it’s an 87km week. You couldn’t make it up!

• Wow
Thread title proposal-
thewelshrunner & kellogsontherun- the journey to race-day & constant DNS unless contractually obligated to attend

6 miles easy for her today.

He’ll do a “session” I think.

For those who want him out on the bike and in the water, I am in two minds. The “shout at the finish line, delete all the comments on Instagram” Matt deserves to go into that event as underprepared as possible. The person Matt really needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Or the beetroot. Or the fact that he is putting himself and others at risk by going in so clueless.

Stop trying to run a 5k. Start swimming, start practising transition and get on your bike ffs.

Reactions: 11
Interesting post from Track Club Babe, who is one of Kells friends and commenters - would love to know what she really makes of her training. TCB posts about taking the mileage down and having rest days - Kelly really needs to read this and pay attention! But she won’t. As Into_the_tunnel says above, she’ll bank some “easy” miles today.

Reactions: 7
The 70.3 is in 4 weeks surely they idiot isn’t really going to do this race with little to no swim training (unless he has been training and just not documenting it). Its madness.

The 70.3 is in 4 weeks surely they idiot isn’t really going to do this race with little to no swim training (unless he has been training and just not documenting it). Its madness.
I honestly think he is so insanely confident in his running and zwift training that he doesn’t see an issue with just trying to survive the swim. Madness and so unfair on other participants to have someone who doesn’t have a clue to worry about

Reactions: 5
I honestly think he is so insanely confident in his running and zwift training that he doesn’t see an issue with just trying to survive the swim. Madness and so unfair on other participants to have someone who doesn’t have a clue to worry about
He hasn't even done that much zwifting recently, now he can run he's gone all in on 5k training. But I'll be cheering him on all the way to the start line 😁

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.