Thenursemum #4 Supposed to be a nurse, more bothered about her purse, forgets to be a mum, Kayteee, you ok Hun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How have I missed this thread!! I unfollowed a while ago but every so often have a nosey at her account. She is the most, attention seeking gob on legs I’ve seen and she plays on Her little boys disabilities for whatever she is promoting or spouting about. She lives near me and I’ve wanted to bump into her for a while ha

Reactions: 20
I finished my 84 hour week of work yesterday... so I’ve missed so much. I’m just going to get a brew and catch up 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Who would drive to London multiple times in 1 week! Not a chance! She’s staying with someone. She can’t do one day without a hotel stay for us appts.
The reason she’s quiet is because she’s being entertained in London

Reactions: 21
I’m torn between her getting the Kieras taken away because she doesn’t deserve them and Jaxon doesn’t actually seem to need them (I say that based purely on what other SEN parents on this thread have said about eligibility criteria etc) but also worried about his level of care should he lose 60 hours a week of professional, dedicated care. Which he is not getting from his mother.
J wont suffer if he loses keiras, the 60 hours a week of professional dedicated care isn't required at all. His care plan is not extreme, on the basis of hours care he requires a day and the level of care, it's not that much different to the hours and level of care you would provide for his age group. In some ways it's easier. The 60 hours of care are wasted, the keiras wont have much to do on the shifts which is demonstrated when she says she's spent a few hours having a chat with the keira during their shift, shows them lying on the floor in her living room doing her appeal admin and also uses them to lie on the floor so she can measure for a new super king bed. If he required dedicated high level care they would be in his room throughout the shift. She said the other day he feeds for 3-6 hours (no idea how it can vary between 3 and 6), his feeds are free, she only does food shops if she is doing a ad usually its takeaway. Add up the weekly time spent food shopping, then prepping, cooking time and then the time it takes to feed a child of his age, 3 meals a day plus snacks and desserts. You're looking at a similar time scale plus more work and expense. Hence why she stopped doing the blended diet as it cost more and took up too much time. He doesn't vomit to the extent she claims as he remains in the same outfit all day and she admitted its once a day not 50 as she has claimed. His bedtime monitor shows he has approx 11 hours of physical sleep over night, barely any notifications showing a carer has had to tend to him and the movement notifications may just be his arms or legs moving in his sleep, not him being awake needing attention. Unless she has gave up with his toilet training as she hasn't had any adverts to do lately, he was using just 1 nappy a day when at home overnight. He is mobile, can communicate if he's in pain for instance tells her his tube site is sore, he is learning sentences not just words, he can use the phone to call multiple people he likes, he can use the iPad, he can get up and down the stairs. She has also cut lots of medication now in order to reduce the few minutes a day it takes to administer them. J doesn't need high levels of care nor 60 hours of keiras to do it. If she can't cope that's something she needs to talk to herself about. She is not working, he does to his nans and his dads, he also has 30 hours a week at school plus there is no school run, he has transport. The appeal is outrageous, she should be ashamed of appealing and dragging out the pretence. Whilst she does this other families miss out.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Bet she's using his blue badge illegally to park in London too 😉
On that note, the car is Js isn't it, arent you allowed to be the driver of someone else's mobility car if the journey you are making benefits them? Are you allowed to use it for any journey and for your own benefit?

Reactions: 11
On that note, the car is Js isn't it, arent you allowed to be the driver of someone else's mobility car if the journey you are making benefits them? Are you allowed to use it for any journey and for your own benefit?
Very good point, although I suppose she would argue its medical treatment blah blah blah. But definitely isn't supposed to be used for her benefit!

Attachments

Reactions: 2
My 'auntie' kept my grandmas disability car after she was put in a care home , I didnt think this was right , my auntie isnt disabled so why should she need to keep it. I phoned the disability folk to be told its okey because she uses the car to go and visit my grandma in the care home .... she doesnt even do that shes using it to go here there everywhere 🤷‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
She'll be loving this week. J with his dad, means she's clocked up kiera hours to use in one go - 24hrs back to back to make full use of the 60 hours. She won't have to see j until March at this rate. Oh, unless he's pencilled in to perform for any ads or appeal compilation videos in which case he'll be rolled out in his new wheelchair.

Reactions: 9
The carers are probably happy to help her with her appeal as it will be an easy shift when caring for J as he needs so little assistance

The carers are probably happy to help her with her appeal as it will be an easy shift for them when caring for J as he needs so little assistance

Reactions: 5
The carers are probably happy to help her with her appeal as it will be an easy shift when caring for J as he needs so little assistance

The carers are probably happy to help her with her appeal as it will be an easy shift for them when caring for J as he needs so little assistance
Do the carers sleepover? So only get up when needed? I’m a nurse and when I was a band 5 there was nothing worse than sitting a nightshift, on a constant with a patient that needed 24/7 observations, unable to do anything trying to keep yourself awake. We didn’t sleepover though, it was a shift and you’d literally have to sit awake in the dark monitoring. I’d rather be busy, a nightshift feels so much longer when there’s nothing to do.
Unless those carers are getting paid to sleep, I’d be doing anything so I didn’t have to go there.

Do the carers sleepover? So only get up when needed? I’m a nurse and when I was a band 5 there was nothing worse than sitting a nightshift, on a constant with a patient that needed 24/7 observations, unable to do anything trying to keep yourself awake. We didn’t sleepover though, it was a shift and you’d literally have to sit awake in the dark monitoring. I’d rather be busy, a nightshift feels so much longer when there’s nothing to do.
Unless those carers are getting paid to sleep, I’d be doing anything so I didn’t have to go there.
Yes to this! As awful as it may sound, you’ve ant an eventful night. The tiredness kicks in when there’s nothing to do and a night shift would be hard to push through!

Reactions: 3
Depends on the child’s need but continuing healthcare funding is usually for waking nights because of high needs. I don’t expect carers to sit in the room. They sit next to door so they can hear and do visual obs, half hourly checks, pad changes etc as needed.
We’ve had to let carers go when I’ve found them asleep as they are paid more to be awake and their job is to be awake at night to care for my child so I can sleep- not get woken up by my child in need of assistance because the carers gone for a nap.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Depends on the child’s need but continuing healthcare funding is usually for waking nights because of high needs. I don’t expect carers to sit in the room. They sit next to door so they can hear and do visual obs, half hourly checks, pad changes etc as needed.
We’ve had to let carers go when I’ve found them asleep as they are paid more to be awake and their job is to be awake at night to care for my child so I can sleep- not get woken up by my child in need of assistance because the carers gone for a nap.
Thats what I wondered as I’ve heard of carers that do sleepovers but I don’t think it would be for high dependency needs. I don’t have knowledge of that which is why I was asking. Thank you for answering.
I can’t believe she gets carers anyway, she’s rarely with him, so doesn’t need the respite and he’s thriving.

Reactions: 2
I think sleepovers are more for support workers, because his needs are (according to kayteeeee) really high, surely he’d require carers to do waking night shifts, to be alert and in the room with him at all times.

I’ve never understood why he has carers, his mum is unemployed and literally spends her days taking selfie’s and prancing around half naked or flashing her camel toe. She’s just an extremely tit mum. I forgot he goes to school full time! Does she actually see her son?

I’m a student nurse I don’t see my son for 3 full days most weeks, it’s torture. As soon as I’m home, I’m never without him. She literally had him out of the house all day and then has someone with him all night!

being a mum involves being up at night

Reactions: 13
I think sleepovers are more for support workers, because his needs are (according to kayteeeee) really high, surely he’d require carers to do waking night shifts, to be alert and in the room with him at all times.

I’ve never understood why he has carers, his mum is unemployed and literally spends her days taking selfie’s and prancing around half naked or flashing her camel toe. She’s just an extremely tit mum. I forgot he goes to school full time! Does she actually see her son?

I’m a student nurse I don’t see my son for 3 full days most weeks, it’s torture. As soon as I’m home, I’m never without him. She literally had him out of the house all day and then has someone with him all night!

being a mum involves being up at night
But being a student was your choice, we didn’t chose to have disabled children. It changes your whole life and nothing can prepare you for what comes with having a profoundly disabled child.
When his reflux was severe he was at risk of aspiration, I’ve seen the consequences of aspiration pneumonia. That said, given that all continuing healthcare is reviewed annually on an evidenced based needs assessment, is she just not going through standard annual review? Complex children and their needs fluctuate massively but if there is consistent improvement the need for high levels of care reduces.
Mine was due to be removed because of one bizarre reason, there was even people who knew us on the panel and were fully aware of my child’s needs. After a stressful 3 months and thanks to our team of professionals who fought hard for us, they conceded on appeal. This happens to a lot of parents across the UK!
I know single parents with one only child and high care needs that work and get nothing.

As another poster said, K seems to be relying on people’s lack of knowledge of how the system works for engagement.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Most of the carers must be waking overnight carers, surely? The basis for the carers appeal is that J needs constant monitoring for when he vomits, as he would aspirate if there isn't immediate attention. In particular she argues that, not only does he vomit extremely regularly, but when he vomits he throws his head backward, rather than forward, retaining the vomit in his mouth. If somebody isn’t there immediately to forcefully push his head forward and remove the vomit (manually, no time for suction) he aspirates. This must surely require somebody to be awake in his room all night.

This does raise the question as to why she sleeps in a separate room on the nights she doesn’t have a carer. Either his level of needs has been exaggerated, in which case she doesn’t need the level of carers she is currently getting, or she is putting him in significant danger by sleeping in a separate room without carers.

Reactions: 12
I’m sure when this was all kicking off the first time she said he had to be observed 24/7. That’s clearly not the case.

Reactions: 4
So what has happened to her 2 friends both diagnosed with cancer, that was obviously all for engagement 🙄 I bet they don’t exist

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.