TheLongMum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's so painfully scathing about her mum on her public insta page, it's so odd. I'm sure they do have a complicated relationship but I don't think I'd want to broadcast it to loads of random strangers.

Reactions: 6
She's so painfully scathing about her mum on her public insta page, it's so odd. I'm sure they do have a complicated relationship but I don't think I'd want to broadcast it to loads of random strangers.
Sheā€™s more than happy for her mum to pay for her to go on holiday though!

Reactions: 3
Sheā€™s more than happy for her mum to pay for her to go on holiday though!
Tbh i have a very difficult relationship with my parents. Its easier in many ways to think of it as a transactional relationship. O actually saod to my husband how many insults will this one hour of babysitting cost me?! Sad but true.
Its incredibly difficult seeing other people have ā€œnormalā€ relationships with their parents. Eg, I couldnā€™t possibly imagine going for a coffee with my mother/father. We live in the same village but see them for half hour a week. No calls/texts in between unless they need computer help. šŸ¤Ø

It makes me really sad, but i hope makes me a better parent to my children, I know what to try and avoid.

Thats my woe is me whinge for today, sorry! But i do have a lot of time for Anna cos I see exactly the same type of narc behaviour in my mum, and it makes me feel less alone! šŸ˜‚

(Sheā€™s still a knob, especially if the bailiff thing is true!)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Tbh i have a very difficult relationship with my parents. Its easier in many ways to think of it as a transactional relationship. O actually saod to my husband how many insults will this one hour of babysitting cost me?! Sad but true.
Its incredibly difficult seeing other people have ā€œnormalā€ relationships with their parents. Eg, I couldnā€™t possibly imagine going for a coffee with my mother/father. We live in the same village but see them for half hour a week. No calls/texts in between unless they need computer help. šŸ¤Ø

It makes me really sad, but i hope makes me a better parent to my children, I know what to try and avoid.

Thats my woe is me whinge for today, sorry! But i do have a lot of time for Anna cos I see exactly the same type of narc behaviour in my mum, and it makes me feel less alone! šŸ˜‚

(Sheā€™s still a knob, especially if the bailiff thing is true!)
Same here, I can sympathise with Anna as my relationship with my mum is very difficult. I too see ppl saying that their mum is their best friend and just cannot relate at all. It has to be a special occasion to ask for their help with the kids, but same as you, it makes me a better parent.
I definitely wouldn't write about it on social media though but only because she's on it too and would see! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I too have a crappy relationship with my mother and as a result I simply don't ask for her help with anything, if she wants to see her grandchild then fine but I don't approach her for anything, we manage on our own. I feel like Anna uses her mum both as a financial support and also to help out when she's got the kids which I'm not judging her for because I don't know what their history is and Anna does seem like she can't cope on her own a lot of the time so needs the moral support, but from her stories it sounds like she's actually not supportive and maybe Anna would actually be better off spending less time with her. It can't be good for your mental health to spend time with someone who you clash with so massively, even if they're a financial help.

Reactions: 3
It's her new man but no idea why she felt the need to shoehorn him in. It felt very awkward.

Reactions: 2
Iā€™ve never felt second hand embarrassment so much šŸ˜‚ maybe it was her way of showing him that she does get work through her Instagram. I mean 17k followers is nowt these days is it! Hardly enough to make a career out of it surely!

Iā€™ve never felt second hand embarrassment so much šŸ˜‚ maybe it was her way of showing him that she does get work through her Instagram. I mean 17k followers is nowt these days is it! Hardly enough to make a career out of it surely!
Her last post got almost 900 likes which is only about 4% engagement out of 17k followers, some of them get more but yeah, it's not exactly big numbers is it, and defo not enough to make a career out of. The comments on her posts are always gushy though so somebody must love her šŸ˜†

Anna is probably thinking people gave her funny looks for mentioning unschooling because itā€™s a bit out thereā€¦ Anna love, itā€™s probably because you canā€™t cope with your kids as it is, being responsible for their education would be a disaster!

Attachments

Anna is probably thinking people gave her funny looks for mentioning unschooling because itā€™s a bit out thereā€¦ Anna love, itā€™s probably because you canā€™t cope with your kids as it is, being responsible for their education would be a disaster!
Exactly! She canā€™t cope when she has time away from them whilst theyā€™re at school/nursery. No way could she home school them

Reactions: 2
Just curious as to what her issue is with mainstream schooling? She's never mentioned it before has she?

Probably so she can get out of working an actual job!
I wish I could like this multiple times

Just imagine the insta stories.

Day One, 10:23am. Can't cope. Need a break. These kids are driving me mad. Turns out teachers are actual angels from heaven and I regret this decision massively. Who's idea was this. I blame the patriarchy. Look at my new blouse.

Not saying my attempt at home schooling would be any more successful.. but that's why mine go to school šŸ™ƒ

Reactions: 5
We've come a long way from bailiffs at the door to a solo jolly to London on the *train* to buy clothes in Oxfam Selfridges.

Where the pre-loved t-shirts you can buy online are Ā£35 so I don't imagine dresses are cheaper.

Reactions: 10
I wish I could just jump on a train to London on a random weekday to go shopping in Selfridges. But alas I have work, and no money. Anna has no work, and spends money like it's burning a hole in her pocket. Make it make sense.

Reactions: 7