TheLongMum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more I think about it the more I think it's really irresponsible that she poses herself as this put upon single mum on UC but also shows a pretty luxury lifestyle with fancy haircuts and trips to London to buy dresses and pastries from the bakery etc. Like which one of these people do you wanna be? Cos there are people who
This is how the whole argument started re her having botox and nails and lip filler and haircuts etc while in the next breath talking about her struggles as a single mother on benefits, I personally will never understand how anyone can follow her and not feel offended at how regularly she spends money on luxuries while also complaining that she's got no money and life is so hard etc etc, when there are people who truly struggle to get by each month, myself included, and I actually work. It's not that I don't think people on UC deserve luxuries, but if it's a choice between botox and new clothes, and feeding your kids and paying the leccy bill it should be a no brainer right?

Reactions: 7
I can’t believe how much she treats herself to things when she has bailiffs at the door for the electricity bill and her kids are eating off food vouchers.
Earlier in the thread there was uproar that people on UC should still be allowed some luxuries which of course is true, but this is total extremity.
This.

Everyone deserves something to make them happy and a little luxury for themselves. Completely agree.
My luxuries this month have been making a start on Christmas presents for my kid and getting myself some nice shampoo 🙃

It's a balance and it's proportionate to how much disposable income you have, after you've covered your essentials - she appears to have a lot to spend on herself.

• Heart
The thing is, that because she is clearly a narcissist, she thinks that she is ENTITLED to this money / lifestyle.
And it’s the way she considers the Universal Credit as her absolute right and so she can spend it how she damn well likes. Her 6th-form politics style tantrum about the Tories cutting her money (how dare they?!) shows how she sees things. She thinks that that money is hers. Well it’s not HER money. It’s not even the Tories money. It’s OUR money! And as money has been spunked by the gov in the last 18 months (never mind that abomination of test and trace...if you gonna criticise the government, aim at their real f*ck ups), it has to be paid back at some point. But she won’t ever have to contribute, because she doesn’t see why she should work. But we all will, and her daughters’ generation will definitely have to pay for all this.
But I guess if she doesn’t have that extra £20 a week, how will the state pay for all her new clothes, cos she obviously has the priorities of Botox and lip fillers to pay for first

Reactions: 9
When you are self-employed on UC you have regular phone calls with a work coach, I don't think it's anything unusual. She may well be having to meet the minimum income floor by now though as she is self employed but they are flexible with that depending on your circumstances
Oh thank you @Lizzie Mintdrop I wondered what the craic was with that makes sense

I think what probably rubs people up the wrong way isn't the fact that she treats herself while claiming UC, we all should treat ourselves I myself am I single working parent having to have uptops from UC after marriage breakdown etc its the fact that she is one minute getting filters trips away etc and then in the next breath complaining about not being able to pay her bills, she needs to get her priorities in order, someone mentioned narcissists and she definitely fits this with the seemly impulse buying

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Off topic but re her story just now.. people in their mid 40s who use teen slang unironically make my arse clench 🤣

• Haha
I get the feeling she thinks the horrible things her daughter says are funny? I think it's really sad!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
She's only 5 as well, not a teenager! Makes you wonder where she's heard that scathing way of talking to people enough to repeat it herself 🤔

Reactions: 9
She's only 5 as well, not a teenager! Makes you wonder where she's heard that scathing way of talking to people enough to repeat it herself 🤔
I wondered this too. And why is a 5 year old repeatedly saying they want their mum dead ??? That’s not funny and probably warrants investigation not laughing about it on insta to strangers

Reactions: 5
I agree I think it’s quite worrying and really sad that a 5 year old would be saying they want anyone to die, especially her mum.

Reactions: 4
The gritted teeth... I'd be sobbing. Wonder if it was dramatised for insta at all? For sympathy? It does make you wonder what language she's hearing at home though. And that story the other week where she said her mum was casually talking about "unaliving" herself in front of the kids.

I’ve never known any woman to complain SO MUCH about looking after her own children. I know lots of women that solo parent 365 days a year with no financial or childcare help from the Dads at all.
Shes unbelievable

It's sounds to me like she is considering giving dad full custody...
Don't think that would be a bad shout, all things considered. There's clearly a reason the girls aren't sleeping well at her house and sleep fine at their dad's, I don't know what that reason is but if they're all exhausted and angry in the mornings it's not good for the kids is it. Until she addresses it and resolves it then it will impact the eldest's schooling I would have thought, regularly turning up at school on a few hours broken sleep.

I’ve never known any woman to complain SO MUCH about looking after her own children. I know lots of women that solo parent 365 days a year with no financial or childcare help from the Dads at all.
Shes unbelievable
Let's not forget she doesn't work, so even after a bad night she's perfectly able to crawl back into bed and catch up on all that lost sleep. What a bloody luxury.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
If you have an amicable relationship wth your ex/father of kids, would they really tell you what a failure you are? Etc etc ThAts awful if so (if true)

Before I got to know her better, I messaged her about Frolo several times - it’s an online community for single parents (I’m a single parent) and there is some fantastic support there - but I don’t think she ever read my messages so I gave up. Too busy on dating websites. All she has wanted is a boyfriend. That’s been her focus.

Reactions: 5
Before I got to know her better, I messaged her about Frolo several times - it’s an online community for single parents (I’m a single parent) and there is some fantastic support there - but I don’t think she ever read my messages so I gave up. Too busy on dating websites. All she has wanted is a boyfriend. That’s been her focus.
She's admitted she ignores her inbox so I don't know why she posts stuff like this asking for help or advice if she's not actually going to read any of the replies. Makes me think she's just doing it for sympathy.

Also maybe she's realising that she pinned all her hopes of an idyllic happy life on finding a boyfriend and now she's actually got one she's realising most of her problems are still there and she feels deflated? Like ok having a boyfriend is all well and good but if your kids won't sleep there's not a right lot he can do to help you there love 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: 1