TheLongMum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand how can you be on universal credit and still afford Botox and lip filler. She must have spent nearly £500 on both of those procedures
The stories today have REALLY pissed me off because she'll 100% get flack for this and she'll bat it all away by saying it's nobody else's business and she can spend her money however she likes bla bla bla... but sitting on her ass claiming UC from the govt and then spending it on botox has taken my breath away. 90% of what she posts is a huge slap in the face for UC parents and working parents who struggle to get by, myself included. I'll barely cover my bills this month and she's having botox and fillers courtesy of the benefits system. duck me. I'm in shock.

Reactions: 6
The stories today have REALLY pissed me off because she'll 100% get flack for this and she'll bat it all away by saying it's nobody else's business and she can spend her money however she likes bla bla bla... but sitting on her ass claiming UC from the govt and then spending it on botox has taken my breath away. 90% of what she posts is a huge slap in the face for UC parents and working parents who struggle to get by, myself included. I'll barely cover my bills this month and she's having botox and fillers courtesy of the benefits system. duck me. I'm in shock.
I’m getting my Botox and filler done tomorrow and it’s costing me £440. Luckily I have a good job which pays good money and I can easily afford it. I don’t appreciate how she complains she is skint and then blows several hundred on aesthetics. It’s one thing buying a bit of makeup or a new dress or something to cheer yourself up but jeeez. 100% she has done it with the hopes of attracting a man.

Reactions: 4
Omg I know I’m shocked. Who pays for it? Her ‘ads’?
But if she's declaring her instagram income properly then for every pound she earns through working, they deduct about 74p from her UC or something like that. So she's obviously not declaring it and treating it like extra pocket money.

Reactions: 2
She says she's been having it for a while now too! She doesn't do that many ads?! I can't work her out at all.

Ppl on UC are allowed to save up for things they like and have some enjoyment in life too.

Does that mean ppl on UC shouldn’t ever go on holiday or buy a car and just take the bus.

It’s one thing for Anna to moan about UC and saying she has no money for kids shoes/food etc then spend money on tit clothes and wine, that is wrong, like get your priorities straight!

But ads are work none the less and if she’s worked for something why can’t she enjoy it? She clearly has low self esteem so this is her pick me up.

Also how is it ‘obvious she’s not declaring it’ ?

There’s lots of ppl who work and top up their income with UC but it doesn’t mean their life should be bare minimum and never have anything nice.

The stories today have REALLY pissed me off because she'll 100% get flack for this and she'll bat it all away by saying it's nobody else's business and she can spend her money however she likes bla bla bla... but sitting on her ass claiming UC from the govt and then spending it on botox has taken my breath away. 90% of what she posts is a huge slap in the face for UC parents and working parents who struggle to get by, myself included. I'll barely cover my m this month and she's having botox e f courtesy of the benefits system. duck me. I'm in shock.
Im not sure why you think it’s courtesy of the benefits system when’s she’s doing paid work through ads. Like you said about UC gets deducted 63p for every £ she earns so it’s her money paying for it. Or maybe a mix of both.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Ppl on UC are allowed to save up for things they like and have some enjoyment in life too.

Does that mean ppl on UC shouldn’t ever go on holiday or buy a car and just take the bus.

It’s one thing for Anna to moan about UC and saying she has no money for kids shoes/food etc then spend money on tit clothes and wine, that is wrong, like get your priorities straight!

But ads are work none the less and if she’s worked for something why can’t she enjoy it? She clearly has low self esteem so this is her pick me up.

There’s lots of ppl who work and top up their income with UC but it doesn’t mean their life should be bare minimum and never have anything nice.

Im not sure why you think it’s courtesy of the benefits system when’s she’s doing paid work through ads. Like you said about UC gets deducted 63p for every £ she earns so it’s her money paying for it. Or maybe a mix of both.
Correct ! And when seeking job seekers benefits on UC, you can work up to 16 hours and claim.

I know how the UC system works. UC isn't generous. I know because I had to claim it when I lost my job. I accepted that I couldn't afford luxuries, saving up was impossible. I just find it mind boggling the things she can afford while not working, and it annoys me hugely that I work a full time job and she appears to have more disposable income than me from posting one ad a month on instagram. Being on UC is a lifestyle choice now? Can't just be me who feels this way....?

Reactions: 8
I don’t know how UC works. Of course people on it are entitled to save up and spend it how they want on themselves. But when you see someone saying they can’t afford things for their kids and then spend £500 on their own Botox it does make you wonder... I really wanted to go to the hairdressers this week but it always costs me around £150 and my kids needed new shoes and spring wardrobe so I didn’t book it in the end. I work full time and not on UC but prioritised.

Reactions: 5
You say you had to claim UC when you lost your job which means when on UC you weren’t working. And that you accepted you couldn’t afford luxuries or save. But Anna IS working!

And yes UC is a lifestyle choice but it’s the ONLY choice some ppl have as they earn a low wage. A wage that doesn’t cover rents because rents are so so high, council tax is high, childcare is high. Yet the low earners are always blamed. How dare they afford something nice.

There will always be someone who earns higher than me but I can’t go through life begrudging them having something nice if they’ve worked for it even if it is off one ad a month.

I don’t know how UC works. Of course people on it are entitled to save up and spend it how they want on themselves. But when you see someone saying they can’t afford things for their kids and then spend £500 on their own Botox it does make you wonder... I really wanted to go to the hairdressers this week but it always costs me around £150 and my kids needed new shoes and spring wardrobe so I didn’t book it in the end. I work full time and not on UC but prioritised.
She hasn’t moaned about not affording the kids things for months and that was before she started working. That’s my point. She works now and is being begrudged for earning and affording things! She was also begrudged for not working!!

It used to annoy the hell out of me when she said she couldn’t afford food and moaned about the vouchers she got for food but was then spending every week in the charity shop but ppl turn their lives around. And that’s allowed.

• Heart
But if she's declaring her instagram income properly then for every pound she earns through working, they deduct about 74p from her UC or something like that. So she's obviously not declaring it and treating it like extra pocket money.
Oh that’s a point!

You say you had to claim UC when you lost your job which means when on UC you weren’t working. And that you accepted you couldn’t afford luxuries or save. But Anna IS working!

And yes UC is a lifestyle choice but it’s the ONLY choice some ppl have as they earn a low wage. A wage that doesn’t cover rents because rents are so so high, council tax is high, childcare is high. Yet the low earners are always blamed. How dare they afford something nice.

There will always be someone who earns higher than me but I can’t go through life begrudging them having something nice if they’ve worked for it even if it is off one ad a month.

She hasn’t moaned about not affording the kids things for months and that was before she started working. That’s my point. She works now and is being begrudged for earning and affording things! She was also begrudged for not working!!

It used to annoy the hell out of me when she said she couldn’t afford food and moaned about the vouchers she got for food but was then spending every week in the charity shop but ppl turn their lives around. And that’s allowed.
Does she work now? I didn’t know that. Do you mean the ads? She was moaning about them recently how she makes money off an ad and then has to declare it so only comes away with pennies. I’ll stand corrected if I’m wrong but as far as I could see she was in the same position as before, dropping in the odd thing she couldn’t afford, going To the supermarket to get the reduced food. Tbf I never berated her for spending a couple quid in the charity shop but Botox is bloody expensive, she must be doing remarkably well.

Oh that’s a point!
I honestly don’t get why ppl just assume she’s not declaring it lol
Does she work now? I didn’t know that. Do you mean the ads? She was moaning about them recently how she makes money off an ad and then has to declare it so only comes away with pennies. I’ll stand corrected if I’m wrong but as far as I could see she was in the same position as before, dropping in the odd thing she couldn’t afford, going To the supermarket to get the reduced food. Tbf I never berated her for spending a couple quid in the charity shop but Botox is bloody expensive, she must be doing remarkably well.
She’s doing ads which is classed as working self employed. You don’t get paid for ads right away, it sometimes takes months for the pay to come through. So she’s could have had a few paid for over the last month. No one knows. But she’s working.

I honestly don’t get why ppl just assume she’s not declaring it lol

She’s doing ads which is classed as working self employed. You don’t get paid for ads right away, it sometimes takes months for the pay to come through. So she’s could have had a few paid for over the last month. No one knows. But she’s working.
Not what I was referring to.
Think you should go to rave section anna🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3

No! If you earn money from work while you're claiming benefits they basically take whatever you earn (or near enough) straight out of your benefits - her earnings from her ads aren't a lovely added bonus on top of her UC! And I'm sorry but she's a clever woman (trained solicitor?) who has MADE THE CHOICE to sit at home on UC rather than work because it suits her lazy attitude. That's what I meant by lifestyle choice.

Reactions: 6
No! If you earn money from work while you're claiming benefits they basically take whatever you earn (or near enough) straight out of your benefits - her earnings from her ads aren't a lovely added bonus on top of her UC! And I'm sorry but she's a clever woman (trained solicitor?) who has MADE THE CHOICE to sit at home on UC rather than work because it suits her lazy attitude. That's what I meant by lifestyle choice.
I know how UC works as I work closely with some claimants. They deduct 0.63 per £1 earned over the work allowance.

She was a solicitor yes but she now has two children and is a single parent. Lots of women put their career on the back burner after kids as it’s just not doable.

Not what I was referring to.
Think you should go to rave section anna🤣
Exactly the response I was expecting tbh: I’m not raving on Anna. I actually just disagree with the stigma of ppl on benefits shouldn’t be affording nice things even if they work 🤷🏻‍♀️

There will be many ppl even just here on tattle that claim benefits and work at the same time. And I couldn’t fathom having the mindset that they shouldn’t have nice things but that’s just me

Last edited:

Em yeah actually I don’t think people on universal credit should be going on holiday. If they want to go on holiday they should get a job. Benefits should be to keep a roof over your head and food in your stomach. If you can afford to ‘save up’ your benefit money to pay for a holiday or Botox then maybe you shouldn’t be getting it in the first place since you clearly don’t need it to support your living expenses?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
The thing with Anna is that she is stuck in limbo, with the ads. She doesn’t want to go back to her Waitrose job, she isn’t a big enough of an instagrammer to be paid properly. So I don’t see why UC aren’t pushing her to look for work now? (Even if that work is through Instagram)
She needs to either go for Instagram full time, or go out and get a job. I don’t begrudge her getting her Botox and lips, hair done etc. But I can see how it would rub people up the wrong way. It just seems her priorities are all over the place.

I expect she would like to do Instagram full time but it’s a gradual process, doesn’t just happen overnight. The more she does the more ads she will get. A bit like building up a business I guess. If you have a child under 3 you don’t have to complete work searches. I don’t think her youngest is 3 yet.