The Witt Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughters secondary school are going to invite children back that are struggling to learn at home.
That is fabulous. So many kids will benefit hugely from that extra support, a great initiative from the school. I think so many kids get lost in remote learning, here in NI we have a program set up where each school received funding for extra maths & English help to try and bridge the gap left by the last school closures. So to see schools taking steps to avoid that gap in the first place is super.

Reactions: 4
That is fabulous. So many kids will benefit hugely from that extra support, a great initiative from the school. I think so many kids get lost in remote learning, here in NI we have a program set up where each school received funding for extra maths & English help to try and bridge the gap left by the last school closures. So to see schools taking steps to avoid that gap in the first place is super.
We’re going to take advantage of it. My daughter is overwhelmed and not learning anything at the moment so going to school will be a risk we take. Her mental health is more important atm.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We’re going to take advantage of it. My daughter is overwhelmed and not learning anything at the moment so going to school will be a risk we take. Her mental health is more important atm.
Just right. I think the effect on kids is going to be huge. I’ve heard scary stories already about even little ones(7yo) having mental health issues stemming from this. I think, and I know not everyone agrees, sometimes the risk to mental health outweighs the risk to physical.

Reactions: 1
then they may as well open all schools if thats the case i understand some children it will effect but imo it really should be only key workers and vunerable children in atm we need to do everything to get rid of this virus asap (waits to be jumped on for this)

i think alot of aniexty from children stems from the media and parents most children are very resilient and bounce back a lot more quicker then people credit them for kids in the war missed years of school and still went on to do great things im sorry your child is suffering but i do think mental health is a card too many people use to easy nowadays (not saying you btw ) i just think in geneal and this impacts the schools because too many send their children without good reason it doesnt help every schools seems to be doing their own thing if there was blanket guidence it would be so much easier for people :(

Just right. I think the effect on kids is going to be huge. I’ve heard scary stories already about even little ones(7yo) having mental health issues stemming from this. I think, and I know not everyone agrees, sometimes the risk to mental health outweighs the risk to physical.
tbh the media only shows one side before schools shut they would say how kids forgot to use knifes and forks (really?!) but never showed the side where kids were scared to attend school my niece was terrfied and shes only 6 she used to cry about going to school because she could not understand why she could not see nannie and grandad but could go to school with 20+ other children the media like to twist things dont believe everything you read (of course will always be some children effects more then others)

Reactions: 2
I honestly think this lockdown is taking more of a toll on everyone ,the situation is nearly as bad as it gets and kids are bound to struggle locked inside for months ,our school doesn't expect much in the way of work from them because they know there's been a lot of kids have' changed ' since they came back from the previous hard lockdown and it's not right to just dismiss how these things impact on a childs MH .( Not directed at anyone's post just in general)

• Heart
I honestly think this lockdown is taking more of a toll on everyone ,the situation is nearly as bad as it gets and kids are bound to struggle locked inside for months ,our school doesn't expect much in the way of work from them because they know there's been a lot of kids have' changed ' since they came back from the previous hard lockdown and it's not right to just dismiss how these things impact on a childs MH .( Not directed at anyone's post just in general)
of course i agree i think every child is different and i dont think a blanket rule fits any child/family but from experience i do feel the mental heath card is a easy one to use especially from the media to fit the narrative of what they want it to fit their agenda sadly this is a deadly virus over 1000 people dying a day now we all have to play our part sadly too many people are sending their kids when they dont need it to i saw it on the mum school whatsapp group today a mums in my sons class saying shes sending her child even though she does not work but her partner does while i agree we dont know everyone situation there has be a line at some point we could all make excuses im disabled and dont work but my husband works for the nhs i choose to keep my son home because i want us safe and because i want this virus gone so life can resume to normal think were all a bit fed up of it now :(

just want to say i probarly sound cold but after seeing perfectly healthy members of my family die of covid / get really ill from it and suffer long covid i really am an advocate for everyone try to do their part when they can and stay safe :)

of course i agree i think every child is different and i dont think a blanket rule fits any child/family but from experience i do feel the mental heath card is a easy one to use especially from the media to fit the narrative of what they want it to fit their agenda sadly this is a deadly virus over 1000 people dying a day now we all have to play our part sadly too many people are sending their kids when they dont need it to i saw it on the mum school whatsapp group today a mums in my sons class saying shes sending her child even though she does not work but her partner does while i agree we dont know everyone situation there has be a line at some point we could all make excuses im disabled and dont work but my husband works for the nhs i choose to keep my son home because i want us safe and because i want this virus gone so life can resume to normal think were all a bit fed up of it now :(
Yes of course we have to play our part but weather a parents at home or not has no baring on the MH of some kids and I don't think we can judge parents for sending them if that's the case . I often think to myself what our life would be like if we were locked inside for months when we were kids these are strange unsettling times we're living through and everyone's wellbeing must count regardless of age there is no end date to this pandemic and we could be like this for years to come .I think we have to live as best we can while still following the rules to the best of our ability.

Yes of course we have to play our part but weather a parents at home or not has no baring on the MH of some kids and I don't think we can judge parents for sending them if that's the case . I often think to myself what our life would be like if we were locked inside for months when we were kids these are strange unsettling times we're living through and everyone's wellbeing must count regardless of age there is no end date to this pandemic and we could be like this for years to come .I think we have to live as best we can while still following the rules to the best of our ability.
Fair enough we will hve to agree to disagree on this one :)

Fair enough we will hve to agree to disagree on this one :)
I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying we can't be dismissive of the impact it's having on children 's MH . Claire has not said anything in regards to violet struggling therefore she should keep her at home of she's not at work I don't know what the rules are in their school .

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying we can't be dismissive of the impact it's having on children 's MH . Claire has not said anything in regards to violet struggling therefore she should keep her at home of she's not at work I don't know what the rules are in their school .
Its very difficult i just think where nesscary kids should be kept home to reduce the spread at all cost :) she gave her the choice So maybe she is struggling off camara we dont know but thats just my view on it and i respect not everyone will agree its hard on everyone our school has pleaded with parents not to send kids unless they really need to because the spaces r being taking like hot cakes where parents r sending them and not really needed to

My view may be harsh but my view is if u aint working they should b At home i know our school is only except keyworker children and children with ehcps

As much as mental health is important where do we draw the line? I think we could all find a way to break the rules and bend them if we wanted to its s really difficult one and tough i probarly sound really cold tbh but as i say from experience this virus is awful mental health is important but we r so lucky in the way of techology nowadays so many ways to connect with each other i think the best thing to do is make the best of it i live in a 2 bed flat no garden even now we go for a walk every evening its cold nothing but wrapping up warm nd a coffee on the go cant fix just have to hold on the fact this isnt forever i guess sorry this is long 😂

Last edited:
Its very difficult i just think where nesscary kids should be kept home to reduce the spread at all cost :) she gave her the choice So maybe she is struggling off camara we dont know but thats just my view on it and i respect not everyone will agree its hard on everyone our school has pleaded with parents not to send kids unless they really need to because the spaces r being taking like hot cakes where parents r sending them and not really needed to

My view may be harsh but my view is if u aint working they should b At home i know our school is only except keyworker children and children with ehcps
well it always seemed to be Alistair that was struggling and having angry outbursts over the school work Claire was even in tears a few times on her vids but i never heard her mention much about Violet but the school must be allowing it if she's in i'm sure they must have asked Claire her hours of work unless they don't have many kids in the class ?

well it always seemed to be Alistair that was struggling and having angry outbursts over the school work Claire was even in tears a few times on her vids but i never heard her mention much about Violet but the school must be allowing it if she's in i'm sure they must have asked Claire her hours of work unless they don't have many kids in the class ?
Yeah tbh some schools have hardly any and some have loads it does sound like its more down to schools themselves making the decisions i kinda hop in and out of watching claire mainley because i just dont relate to all the fitness stuff she talks about she sounds so motivated and theres me like um no 😂 but if it works for her i guess x

• Haha
she is even doing swipes up for things she has not bought. Nothing makes me want to unfollow someone more than when they post 100 swipe ups a day. I guess they must be hard up just now and need the money from them. Would fit in with her going back to work too.

she is even doing swipes up for things she has not bought. Nothing makes me want to unfollow someone more than when they post 100 swipe ups a day. I guess they must be hard up just now and need the money from them. Would fit in with her going back to work too.
Shes one of the ones. I did watch because she did not do so many ads or swipe up a shame really

I do wonder if Violet is struggling more this time if Claire is working, so she’d have to be in school sometimes, the constant changing of situation may not be easy for Violet.

As much as mental health is important where do we draw the line? I think we could all find a way to break the rules and bend them if we wanted to its s really difficult one and tough i probarly sound really cold tbh but as i say from experience this virus is awful mental health is important but we r so lucky in the way of techology nowadays so many ways to connect with each other i think the best thing to do is make the best of it i live in a 2 bed flat no garden even now we go for a walk every evening its cold nothing but wrapping up warm nd a coffee on the go cant fix just have to hold on the fact this isnt forever i guess sorry this is long 😂
While I understand your personal position (and I 100% agree if you’re not at work your kids should be home with you) mine is coming from a place where mental health also kills. I have lost a family member to suicide due to lockdown. Covid is not the only killer. And so while I respect your opinion and understand why you hold it, I will simply never be able to see how people can dismiss MH as though it is a secondary need.

I noticed this yesterday too. It generally doesn’t bother me, but it does put me off clicking on people’s stories if I know it’s just gonna be swipe ups.

Last edited:
I’m not dismissing the importance of mental health but I’m hearing of classrooms with 25 kids in them! How is that lockdown? All the parents still gathering at the gates, risk to staff etc

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I’m not dismissing the importance of mental health but I’m hearing of classrooms with 25 kids in them! How is that lockdown? All the parents still gathering at the gates, risk to staff etc
that’s insane. There were 11 in my kids’ school yesterday, not many at all.

This
I just heard this morning in our primary school we have 75 percent attendence we had another lettrr pleading us to only send kids if needed this isnt kids struggling this is parente being lazy fucks sorry but its true 👏 👏 👏

The thing is with mental health hate to say it but people do play the card and know its a get out jail free card to do what they want only a small miniroirty but then they ruin it for everyone else

And it will get to the point schools will realy have to start turning people away which is awful

This
I just heard this morning in our primary school we have 75 percent attendence we had another lettrr pleading us to only send kids if needed this isnt kids struggling this is parente being lazy fucks sorry but its true 👏 👏 👏

The thing is with mental health hate to say it but people do play the card and know its a get out jail free card to do what they want only a small miniroirty but then they ruin it for everyone else

And it will get to the point schools will realy have to start turning people away which is awful
My children’s school is the same, everyone pulling the key worker card. All those parents that kept them home last time have decided to send them this time!!

I think the key worker should be if you have to physically go to work like a nurse etc. Not if you are working from home.

My husband is class as a key worker as he works for financial services but it’s ridiculous to send the children to school l. Both his bosses have used the key worker entitlement this time yet they are both working from home.

It’s an absolute piss take

• Heart
This

i think that's the gov doing they've set two categories this time critical workers and key workers so employers have to comply or how else will people get a wage ? the gov won't furlough them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.