Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Beggars belief

VIP Member
I’ve decided I prefer to be cold! Hot weather you can go now thanks 🙏 snuggling in a blanket, hot drinks and stews now please. Thank you for listening…. Now make it COLD!!! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

BigMavis

VIP Member
It has rained solid for roughly 3 weeks.
I have a fire lit. I have lights on during the day because its dark. I'm just not happy with this situation. In the heat I bought new clothes and shoes that I cannot wear, I bought two new fans that now only sit and mock me, the Teddy bedding is back on the beds. The shops are selling Halloween stuff and I normally wouldn't complain because I love it but I want a summer first.
In saying that my brother in law is in Italy and they couldn't go outside, they're dreading the journey to the airport, they're actually considering making it during the night and having an extra long sit in the airport.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Elle Woods

VIP Member
It's crazy how much impact the weather can have on your mood. I feel so much happier now it's a bit cooler and there's a nice breeze! I've been a miserable cow for weeks :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 12

Rosie glow

VIP Member
I'm one of the funny ones who doesn't like the hot weather but I don't like the really cold weather either
I love autumn and winter compared to summer and this hideous 30oc can do one but our house gets so cold In the winter you can literally see your breath 🥶
Why can't it just be around 16oc all year I would be happy then 🤣

Reactions: 12

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
I like having seasons, but the UK just seems to lurch from lows to highs without warning, and we’re not equipped to deal with extremes.

Reactions: 11

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I think I have the opposite of SAD, I get so low in the summer. Hate the heat. I get panicky when it’s so warm, I feel like I can’t breathe. Oh and don’t start me on the f**king insects 🤯🥵 Can’t leave the cat food out for more than 10 mins before the bastard flies come and lay unmentionables on it.
Dreaming of snow ⛄
My therapist told me that whilst seasonal affective disorder is often associated with the winter months, when there's less sunlight and the days are shorter, there's also a summer version of SAD which I seem to struggle with. I feel a lot of societal and social pressure during the warmer months to be happy, take part in more social events and embrace every single day. I also hated Summer as a kid as I had a very difficult relationship with my mother who was a teacher. As I was on my school holidays, and she'd be off work, she'd spend the Summer holidays terrorising me.

Every September, even as an adult, I feel that same sense of relief that I felt as a child going back to school.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Vroomvroom

Chatty Member
It's depressing. No sitting outdoors and enjoying the summer evenings because it's generally raining and too cold. It's going to be October before we know it.

• Sad

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
First time creating a follow on thread so hopefully I get this right.

Most popular post was this by @HelloStereo. Congratulations on being our new thread title 😂

Screenshot_20230701_094831.jpg

Weather moaning is a mix between those loving the rainy cool weather and those that are not. Wonder what the weather will be like when we finish this thread?

• Haha
  • Heart

bunnyboo

VIP Member
Do you know what else I'm over? Summer fits. I love dressing for colder weather. Puffer coats, teddy jackets, loads of cute layers, cozy hoodies :love: I am SO over shorts and t-shirts.

Reactions: 8

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I know it’s the Fail but ooooof I feel sorry for mainland Europe right now.

Meanwhile in the UK we’ve been getting the rain. It certainly (to me) feels like the weather has been more blocky, weeks of heat then lots of rain and wind; I don’t remember it being so patchy when I was a kid. It seems a lot more unpredictable. Didn’t we have a dry February then a wet march, then a hot June and now so far a wet July? I wonder if we will get 40+ this year. I think it might be time to stock the freezer up with icecream, just in case. I think I would perish if we had 45+ here with our humidity.
Ngl I'd take this rain over those kind of temperatures. Truly horrifying.

• Sad

Liptastic

VIP Member
I love this weather. It's annoying to have to put on socks and the hoodie in the summer, yes. But what's worse would be the heatwave. We had the heatwaves 5 summers in a row and I'm done. I'm enjoying cooler weather and also a bonus when it's not that sunny, I don't have to close the curtains to be able to see my computer screen when working or in the evening when watching TV.

First summer the garden isn't a fucking mess either, usually everything is dead and brown at this point. It's lush and green now and I don't have to water it everyday :m

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
It really has been a rubbish summer so far. Cold until the end of May. Then boiling hot. Then blowing a gale. Now wet and still windy.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Elle Woods

VIP Member
This constant rainy, dark, miserable weather is getting me down now 😫 I love the dry, crisp autumnal/winter weather but constant rain is just doing my head in now

grannypants

Chatty Member
Hope every person that moaned about the lovely mild summer we were having is enjoying themselves in this FUCKING HELLISH SAUNA

• Haha
It has chucked it down for the last two days and I mean constant. It’s flooded where I live and the surrounding towns. I just wanna get my washing dry and enjoy the sun a little bit is it too much to ask 😭😭😭😭

remember this time last year we were all crying it was 30+ degrees. 😭😂