Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
TBF I got a bit carried away on my prior post but it'd been a long morning.
I'd imagine we'll still get some kind of summer hopefully just not "weird hot".

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
It did snow tbf.
It only seems to have fallen up here though in a very localised area and delayed everything.
It's not blocked access to work.
Wrong type of snow IMO.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Good grief, the temperature has come down but it's biblical rain here - there was a brief lull about 10 minutes ago, now it's at it again. I would like to go out, but I'm going to wait for a bit!

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I could literally feel my face burning on the drive home again. Need to be more careful about putting suncream on my face when I leave work.

Although it was pissing down with rain on my drive in this morning 🤷‍♀️

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
I'm not looking forward to the turn, I'm so sick of the rain. We've had a lovely 10 days off from it, now next week will be damp, humid and WET.

OwlAtTheMoon

Not a hat person but bought some this year, the sun hat wide brim ones and now wouldn't be without them, so practical, will even keep your hair dry during an unexpected shower :) and getting a big head now, every time I wear at I get at least one person say 'i love your hat' :D
I couldn't be without my sun hat either, even on moderately sunny days.👍

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
Here in Newcastle wed and Thur were both overcast when everyone else was enjoying the sun! I was gutted lol. Was warm but just dull! Today is pretty sunny and warm… so far lol

kev1974

VIP Member
Am working in what is a giant tin shed warehouse today, in North London. Feck me it is windy. the noise of the roof being flexed is horrendous.

Hope the roof on my house is intact when I get home!

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
April should be quite unpredictable/on the cold side.
Invariably improves in May which becomes increasingly humid/sometimes uncomfortably so by months end.
I always go by the rhyme "Ne'er cast a clout till May is out".
I see a lot of "weather" where I am (exposed location) and that rhyme usually works for me.
This month has felt "normal" to me thus far.
I for one would welcome the return of a wonky,dank "English summer". It's what our housing stock is designed for TBF.

Already fed up with this hot weather. It’s September, last week it was cold and raining now it’s 26 degrees. Uh ok. couldn’t have had this a month ago no ?? grr

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
this year we've had a mixture of heavy constant heavy rain, high winds, with exception of the last week in May a few weeks in June, 2 weeks in September, and were now starting our icy season, there is huge berries on the bushes here, My Aunt has said that seemingly it is a sign of a bad winter! so not looking forward to it!
Omg yes berries! They are everywhere! Sick of trying to stop the dog eating them! We were just saying we don’t remember so many last year!

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I pre booked two indoor activities for the weekend thinking we'd have the usual weekend down pours...So the only nice weekend we've had the kids have spent indoors 🥴.

I have been to tesco this morning and bought a massively reduced inflatable pool. We are seizing this last bit of sun !!