Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grannypants

VIP Member
Hope every person that moaned about the lovely mild summer we were having is enjoying themselves in this FUCKING HELLISH SAUNA

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It has chucked it down for the last two days and I mean constant. It’s flooded where I live and the surrounding towns. I just wanna get my washing dry and enjoy the sun a little bit is it too much to ask 😭😭😭😭

remember this time last year we were all crying it was 30+ degrees. 😭😂

MochiRocket

I think I have the opposite of SAD, I get so low in the summer. Hate the heat. I get panicky when it’s so warm, I feel like I can’t breathe. Oh and don’t start me on the f**king insects 🤯🥵 Can’t leave the cat food out for more than 10 mins before the bastard flies come and lay unmentionables on it.
Dreaming of snow ⛄

• Haha

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I actually got into a heated debate (pun not intended) with my coworkers as my boss said there could be enough budget for the engineering team go for a rest & retreat week abroad and 70% of the team think Portugal/Spain would be amazing, rent a villa, enjoy the sunshine etc. But then there's the 30%, of which I'm a part of, who think that sun holiday sounds nightmarish and are insisting a remote snow cabin in one of the Scandinavian countries is a much better option.

I've noticed a trend, that those of us who are fighting for the cold holiday are the introverts and we all happen to be gamers as well lol. Oh well, more hot chocolate for us I guess?

Would you be interested in moving to Antartica with me? You'd never have to be 'hot' again. :giggle:
You are welcome to join me and my other three coworkers who want to stay in a remote cabin, drink hot chocolate and play cozy games lol

• Haha

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
I actually quite like this weather. It's about 20 degrees here on the East coast and I think that's just right. Cool enough to be able to walk around and do things without sweating your nuts off but not so cool that you need a jumper etc.

40 degrees is awful and I hated that hot weather we had last year 😬

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
Sick of this now, and the Met office long range forecast into mid/end august predicts more of the same, lots of showers and temps below average 😭 feel like this has been the worst summer in a long time, and I say that every year so every year is getting worse 🤣

Reactions: 6

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
It just hits differently here because I think it's pretty humid, our homes and spaces aren't built for the heat so retain it meaning there's no escape from it. The tube/transport is hot at the best of times...it's like an inferno at the moment.

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
I loved the cold, sunny days. Now we're back to damp, damp, damp. This year has been so bloody wet, it's horrible.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I know it’s the Fail but ooooof I feel sorry for mainland Europe right now.

Meanwhile in the UK we’ve been getting the rain. It certainly (to me) feels like the weather has been more blocky, weeks of heat then lots of rain and wind; I don’t remember it being so patchy when I was a kid. It seems a lot more unpredictable. Didn’t we have a dry February then a wet march, then a hot June and now so far a wet July? I wonder if we will get 40+ this year. I think it might be time to stock the freezer up with icecream, just in case. I think I would perish if we had 45+ here with our humidity.

MsGilmore

VIP Member
As much as I hate this extreme level of humidity and have had a miserable week because my eczema has had a field day, I’m grateful that I can live without having my heating on.
Last Winter was miserable trying to keep warm under a blanket and feeling anxious every time I put my heating on. The people who refer to Autumn and Winter as ‘cosy’ clearly have money to burn!