The Weather #4 Meteorology moaning

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You should watch the clips on YouTube about Yukutsk. Fish and meat sold raw on the streets as it freezes.
I think I have watched those videos actually, along with Antartica and Svalbard. If I can't be in freezing cold, next best thing is to binge watch those videos. :D I'm not really a heat kind of girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think I have watched those videos actually, along with Antartica and Svalbard. If I can't be in freezing cold, next best thing is to binge watch those videos. :D I'm not really a heat kind of girl.
I also dislike summer. I have pain skin and it was a faff to constantly be worried about burring, covering up and overdosing on suncream.

---
I like cold but -32. 🥶

• Heart
I've got spot-prone skin and this summer has been particularly bad for breakouts. I had been practically cleary for around 8 months until June when I started getting big red zits. This heat and humidity can duck right off!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sending lots of love to you all!
Summer is on it's way out! Yippie.

Only a few more days of heat and before you know it, RAIN! :)
People think I'm mad because of how much I miss rain, but I always think it does the skin wonders, at least much more so than burning and ageing your skin.

Happy Saturday
x

• Heart
@JulesWake I'm a complete insomniac, I've often thought it would be good to have an insomniac thread on here! You are not alone (and not for preferring colder weather, either)

• Heart
I'm one of the funny ones who doesn't like the hot weather but I don't like the really cold weather either
I love autumn and winter compared to summer and this hideous 30oc can do one but our house gets so cold In the winter you can literally see your breath 🥶
Why can't it just be around 16oc all year I would be happy then 🤣

Reactions: 12
I think I have the opposite of SAD, I get so low in the summer. Hate the heat. I get panicky when it’s so warm, I feel like I can’t breathe. Oh and don’t start me on the f**king insects 🤯🥵 Can’t leave the cat food out for more than 10 mins before the bastard flies come and lay unmentionables on it.
Dreaming of snow ⛄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
@JulesWake I'm a complete insomniac, I've often thought it would be good to have an insomniac thread on here! You are not alone (and not for preferring colder weather, either)
Maybe we can swap info on what may help for sleep?

TY for your kind message.
ATM I'm trying a few herbs for sleep, that help sometimes but not always. I'm sorry to hear you're also an insomniac, it's brutal.

Reactions: 1
Do you know what else I'm over? Summer fits. I love dressing for colder weather. Puffer coats, teddy jackets, loads of cute layers, cozy hoodies :love: I am SO over shorts and t-shirts.

Reactions: 8
Do you know what else I'm over? Summer fits. I love dressing for colder weather. Puffer coats, teddy jackets, loads of cute layers, cozy hoodies :love: I am SO over shorts and t-shirts.
Oh yeah give me a cosy jumper, jeans and a puffa coat and Im happy 🤣

I'm one of the funny ones who doesn't like the hot weather but I don't like the really cold weather either
I love autumn and winter compared to summer and this hideous 30oc can do one but our house gets so cold In the winter you can literally see your breath 🥶
Why can't it just be around 16oc all year I would be happy then 🤣
I’m the same. Can’t cope in the heat it makes me feel ill but I can’t cope with the cold either. Cba with dealing with putting on suncream for my baby and 4 year old and the heat stroke we all get when on a walk but also don’t want to deal with coats on and off getting in the car, or that sweaty feeling going in and out of shops. My circulation is terrible so constantly have cold feet and hands. My daughter always complains when I dress her 🤣

Reactions: 3
I think I have the opposite of SAD, I get so low in the summer. Hate the heat. I get panicky when it’s so warm, I feel like I can’t breathe. Oh and don’t start me on the f**king insects 🤯🥵 Can’t leave the cat food out for more than 10 mins before the bastard flies come and lay unmentionables on it.
Dreaming of snow ⛄
My therapist told me that whilst seasonal affective disorder is often associated with the winter months, when there's less sunlight and the days are shorter, there's also a summer version of SAD which I seem to struggle with. I feel a lot of societal and social pressure during the warmer months to be happy, take part in more social events and embrace every single day. I also hated Summer as a kid as I had a very difficult relationship with my mother who was a teacher. As I was on my school holidays, and she'd be off work, she'd spend the Summer holidays terrorising me.

Every September, even as an adult, I feel that same sense of relief that I felt as a child going back to school.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
My therapist told me that whilst seasonal affective disorder is often associated with the winter months, when there's less sunlight and the days are shorter, there's also a summer version of SAD which I seem to struggle with. I feel a lot of societal and social pressure during the warmer months to be happy, take part in more social events and embrace every single day. I also hated Summer as a kid as I had a very difficult relationship with my mother who was a teacher. As I was on my school holidays, and she'd be off work, she'd spend the Summer holidays terrorising me.

Every September, even as an adult, I feel that same sense of relief that I felt as a child going back to school.
I never knew it could also impact one during the summer, now I am convinced I have what you describe. I actually get a bit anxious, not wanting to see Winter end.

I see nothing fun about being really hot, sticky, sweaty, overheated. It's comforting to see others have the same views. Sorry about your past as a kid; ((((HUGS)))))

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I must admit I am sick of my scalp sweating. I have thick hair and this time of year, it’s a bit much, ugggggghhhh. I didn’t get the thunderstorm I was promised either, so it’s still really muggy.

The one issue that irritates in the winter is my dry skin/eczema. It seems to flare up a bit more in winter. I think I've found somewhat of a solution so will try when winter comes.