The Weather #3 Meteorology moaning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No rain here but 40mph winds, im meeting friend in the park for a walk. There’s a coffee shop here , im hoping she chooses that option!

Reactions: 2
We had a wild night here in Northamptonshire High winds and heavy rain most of the night
Stormy here too. Woke up at 4 to tapping on the front door, I was really brave and went to look through the peephole to see the glow in the dark skeleton we had hanging from the hanging basket bracket slamming against the door in the wind....took my brain a terrifying second to compute 😲 ❌ ⚰.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Yel

Carnage in Hove
bins hove.JPG.article-620.jpg

Chunk of the west pier has collapsed into the drink also

• Wow
Just managed by minutes to get essential food shopping before roads around me were closed due to floods 😅
Feeling a bit smug but if I had sense I would have planned ahead yesterday and done it then 😄

Reactions: 4
After what feels like months of rain, we have bright sunshine but a slight chill in the air. Perfect 👌🏻

It's baltic. So weird, the other morning I walked outside and the heat hit me, it was 16°.
Definitely winter now.

Reactions: 3
Isn't it funny how many of us wish for cold weather when it's very hot in summer, yet when the cold temps come I would rather it be warm again. Not a fan of this cold that's for sure, and it hasn't even reached the worst point yet.

Reactions: 7
I hate this. I normally like the winter, but so far it is so wet and damp. The NE is usually relatively dry (I come from Manchester originally so have the wettest weather to compare to) but this is just horrid.

I am turning into a proper misery. Hate the heat (mainly for the dog) and now hate this. The river went over its banks on Friday and a bridge is blocked with crap. Don’t get me wrong, the hills round here are lethal in the ice so at least that hasn’t started yet (not mentioning any years, 2010…).

I think it's more to do with this country getting warm weather for only a few weeks, whereas winter and the cold seems to go on forever. It sucks.

I don't like the heat, can never cool down, if it's cold, you can layer up!

Reactions: 5
I haven't really started layering yet, but its time. September and October were just lovely, we've been a bit spoiled i think. Time to retire the leggings and I love my leggings, unless I can find posh fleecy sports leggings 🙃

I’m sick of having a wet dog to dry off after every single bloody walk! (I’m north east)

• Heart
Isn't it funny how many of us wish for cold weather when it's very hot in summer, yet when the cold temps come I would rather it be warm again. Not a fan of this cold that's for sure, and it hasn't even reached the worst point yet.
I love the hot , bright sunny weather we have had over the last decade and before then , every day is just better waking up to sun and heat.

Damp, cold , wet Midlands weather is shite.

I haven't really started layering yet, but its time. September and October were just lovely, we've been a bit spoiled i think. Time to retire the leggings and I love my leggings, unless I can find posh fleecy sports leggings 🙃
I think October and the first week of November we got away with it, it has been lovely to go on a quick walk on my lunch breaks but since last week it feels so damp and dark.

Out come my fleeces and fluffy socks :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Look on eBay, I've got a few fleecy leggings!
I’m sick of having a wet dog to dry off after every single bloody walk! (I’m north east)
Yep I get that, I have to hose ours off!

I’m the same. A nice medium would be ideal. Not 38. Not 8. Maybe a nice 15-18 lol

Reactions: 5
I also think the UK isn’t prepared for the heat I was 8 months pregnant in the 39degree heat. Shops didn’t have aircon, fridges in the supermarket broke and I was sitting in my house with a boiling hot laptop and a fan circulating hot air in a house that keeps heat in. We also couldn’t be guaranteed that the next day it wouldn’t drop to 20.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.