The TimTracker #21 Ut Dis? Bad Parenting and Grifting 101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This has probably come up before in the thousands upon thousands of Tracker posts but this popped up in my recommended videos so I figured I'd watch to see how they were outside their Orlando bubble.

After watching this idk why any company would ever comp them anything. This hotel comped them an entire weeks stay and they end up completely shitting on the place. They leave after 5 nights saying they'd rather pay to stay somewhere else than stay there another night for free. Wow. I get being annoyed by the rude people above but they didn't need to try and ruin the hotel for it. Starts around 14:20

Wow. What overly entitled freaking ass hats Tim and Jenn are.
Give an honest review? Yes.
tit on a place that gave you a free trip saying you'll never go there again? Only if they provided horrible, unsanitary, dirty conditions. Another guest making noise does not reflect on the location or management.

I've had many stays on Disney property, in the deluxe hotels and DVC with noisy neighbors. Everything from a crying baby put to sleep in the pack and play placed against the connecting door (OKW) to heavy wooden chairs being constantly dragged around on tile above our heads (Kidani), to the sound of children constantly running and falling (lol) (GF). Some would start at the crack of dawn and going until past midnight. I called management to ask they call the offending unit. Not sure if they ever did as the noise always continued. I did not hold it against the hotels. It was a stroke of bad luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Omg yes! Bc there was a noise that triggered Jenn’s anxiety, that we then never heard about again.
Thank you! I thought I remembered that!

In other news - I uncovered this lovely old tweet of Jenn's. Classic Jenn.

Basically - I'm soooo sorry for not putting out a vlog.

Even though it's your "job," who do you really need to "apologize" to if you don't put out a vlog for one day or two days!?? You don't have a "boss."

Oh - because you have to get the sympathy thing going!?!? Got it!!!

Step 1 - effusively apologize
Step 2 - make the reader feel guilty because the issue was caused by "heavy family thing"

1621447395316.png

Reactions: 3
Wow. What overly entitled freaking ass hats Tim and Jenn are.
Give an honest review? Yes.
tit on a place that gave you a free trip saying you'll never go there again? Only if they provided horrible, unsanitary, dirty conditions. Another guest making noise does not reflect on the location or management.

I've had many stays on Disney property, in the deluxe hotels and DVC with noisy neighbors. Everything from a screaming baby put to sleep against the connecting door to heavy wooden chairs being dragged around on tile above our heads, to the sound of children constantly running and falling (lol). Some would start at the crack of dawn and going until past midnight. I called management to ask they call the offending unit. Not sure if they ever did as the noise always continued. I did not hold it against the hotels. It was a stroke of bad luck.
Right.
I had a 16 night stay in a studio at OKW.
Midway through other guests checked into the 1B that was connected. (previously a couple was there) It was noisy at night. I called down to the front desk to inquire if there were children staying there. Bingo.
I just happened to see the Dad when I departed the next day. No more late noise after that.

Reactions: 5
Wasn’t it the #sponsorship by Anker headphones?

And when isn’t Jenn complaining? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Was the Branson trip the same as Dollywood?
If so, their whole trip was #hosted.
No the Branson trip was to Silver Dollar City. Dollywood is in Tennessee. Branson is in Missouri.

Reactions: 1
I agree, either they’re digging a massive debt hole or YouTube is quite the lucrative business! I never imagined videos on YouTube would rack up that kind of money!
Right?!?!?! Like, I’d be amazed if I could do it and just make a living, enough to match the very mediocre salary I earn at my damn day job. But to make THAT MUCH?!

Right.
Midway through other guests checked into the 1B that was connected. (previously a couple was there) It was noisy at night. I called down to the front desk to inquire if there were children staying there. Bingo.
I just happened to see the Dad when I departed the next day. No more late noise after that.
Honestly, I gotta feel for those parents. Sometimes taking young kids on a vacation is like trying to corral cats. The poor kids get so excited and wound up. As a parent, I'd probably be drinking by the end of the vacation.

• Haha
Yeah. What was with that? I actually unmuted it for a second and she rattled off the individual prices of each and every item!?!? As if suddenly she was budget-conscious?!?!?
Probably said with purpose, to appeal to us poors. Haha.

• Haha
Right?!?!?! Like, I’d be amazed if I could do it and just make a living, enough to match the very mediocre salary I earn at my damn day job. But to make THAT MUCH?!
It isn't as easy for those getting into YouTube now to get that kind of money. Remember, the Trackers got in 10 years ago before YouTube changed how they monetize the videos. Another family that got in early for their family channel are the Bryan Lanning family from Daily Bumps. They have 5 million subscribers and are definitely pulling in big bucks. He also has a music channel on YouTube because he's a singer (he's quite good actually).

Exactly right and as a business owner of long standing (co-owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel, co-owner of Moving to Orlando real estate and who knows what else he has) Disney execs actually listen to him. I tune in quite often to their podcasts because I want information without all of the trappings of "let me take you to the parks." Just give me the nitty gritty. I would not doubt that he is not on speaking terms with Bob Chapek and Josh D'Amato. I know he's invited to tune into some of their corporate meetings.
I meant to say it would not surprise me that Pete is on speaking terms with Bob Chapek and Josh D'Amato.

Honestly, I gotta feel for those parents. Sometimes taking young kids on a vacation is like trying to corral cats. The poor kids get so excited and wound up. As a parent, I'd probably be drinking by the end of the vacation.
Agreed. That’s why it was no big deal to me. Kids are kids. The front desk offered to send someone over, but I didn’t want that.

It was just coincidence that I saw the dad the next morning. I just smiled and said hello.

Reactions: 4
It isn't as easy for those getting into YouTube now to get that kind of money. Remember, the Trackers got in 10 years ago before YouTube changed how they monetize the videos. Another family that got in early for their family channel are the Bryan Lanning family from Daily Bumps. They have 5 million subscribers and are definitely pulling in big bucks. He also has a music channel on YouTube because he's a singer (he's quite good actually).
The other thing I also wonder, is how long is the YouTube thing sustainable? How many videos of the same stuff can be made before the makers just get tired of it - and the viewers too, of course. I hope they’re saving some of that money to live on in the future. I’d think reality will set in one day, and it’d be nice to have some of that YouTube cash set aside to help ease the transition...

Right.
We stayed at AKL 2 years ago. No noise at night, but goodness the noise early in the morning.We aren't talking 8 am. Oh no. This was at 5 am. Kids running down the hall and knocking on our door. I'm not one to hate on kids, but I'm grumpy before 6 am at Disney!! LOL!!

I was never able to catch them, because I would definitely have said something then. LOL!!

This has probably come up before in the thousands upon thousands of Tracker posts but this popped up in my recommended videos so I figured I'd watch to see how they were outside their Orlando bubble.

After watching this idk why any company would ever comp them anything. This hotel comped them an entire weeks stay and they end up completely shitting on the place. They leave after 5 nights saying they'd rather pay to stay somewhere else than stay there another night for free. Wow. I get being annoyed by the rude people above but they didn't need to try and ruin the hotel for it. Starts around 14:20

You know, watching this again they sure do act like people from Missouri are hicks and beneath them. They are rude and clueless. Are these mountains? Gee I don't know Jenn didn't you go to school and learn geography? And she says "I can't believe they allowed them to have wooden floors on the floor above." Not once did they go and talk to the people above them. I'm sure they would have curtailed the scooter riding if they knew they were disturbing someone else. We'll see how well they curtail Jackson when he gets bored in a resort.

Reactions: 7
We stayed at AKL 2 years ago. No noise at night, but goodness the noise early in the morning.We aren't talking 8 am. Oh no. This was at 5 am. Kids running down the hall and knocking on our door. I'm not one to hate on kids, but I'm grumpy before 6 am at Disney!! LOL!!

I was never able to catch them, because I would definitely have said something then. LOL!!
That door knocking thing is an unfortunate byproduct of having loooong hallways with a bend so the parents are out of sight. 😆 I'll admit to allowing my kids the freedom to go to refill their mugs without me by their side at all times, but I doubt my kids would have ever had the nerve to pull a ring and run on anyone.

The way around this is to ask for the units further away from the lobby. Trade off for silence are those long walks back to the lobby and bus stop.

Reactions: 1

I have to wear ear plugs because my husband snores so I'd probably never hear them. However, I would never allow my kids to knock on other people's doors at any time of the day let alone 5 am. But I do know what you mean. We stayed at Coronado Springs our last two trips and there was quite a bit of noise from people passing by the room in early morning and late at night. It was the same at the Tropicana Inn across the street from Disneyland (older hotel that wasn't anything special but it was incredibly clean and the price was right).

• Haha
That door knocking thing is an unfortunate byproduct of having loooong hallways with a bend so the parents are out of sight. 😆 I'll admit to allowing my kids the freedom to go to refill their mugs without me by their side at all times, but I doubt my kids would have ever had the nerve to pull a ring and run on anyone.

The way around this is to ask for the units further away from the lobby. Trade off for silence are those long walks back to the lobby and bus stop.
LoL!! The only saving grace was that I could tell the kids were little. Like 4 or 5. I had to just bite my tongue and remind myself that I'm at Disney. I just got an extra strong coffee that morning. LOL!!

But I agree that those hallways are very long. LOL!! The kids get bored

I have to wear ear plugs because my husband snores so I'd probably never hear them. However, I would never allow my kids to knock on other people's doors at any time of the day let alone 5 am. But I do know what you mean. We stayed at Coronado Springs our last two trips and there was quite a bit of noise from people passing by the room in early morning and late at night. It was the same at the Tropicana Inn across the street from Disneyland (older hotel that wasn't anything special but it was incredibly clean and the price was right).
I ended up buying earplugs because my sons best friend was with us. And he snores so bad. My son is a heavy sleeper so he didn't hear it. LOL!! When I got the earplugs it was so much better!!

Reactions: 2
LoL!! The only saving grace was that I could tell the kids were little. Like 4 or 5. I had to just bite my tongue and remind myself that I'm at Disney. I just got an extra strong coffee that morning. LOL!!

But I agree that those hallways are very long. LOL!! The kids get bored

I ended up buying earplugs because my sons best friend was with us. And he snores so bad. My son is a heavy sleeper so he didn't hear it. LOL!! When I got the earplugs it was so much better!!
I bought some new ones that aren't the spongy ones that expand in your ear. These are fancy schmancy reusable ones and come in a case (with two sizes depending on the shape of your ears).

Tim talking to Jenn in the mermaid shop and she couldn't give two effs what he says 😂
Is Margaritaville a timeshare thing?
I wonder how much good food Jackson eats, Jenn mentioned how he ate pastries so didn't want the eggs but will also eat her potatoes.

Is Margaritaville a timeshare thing?
Not is is an airbnb/VRBO type thing. You buy (most likely with a mortgage) the home and rent it out. I assume the resort has vendors for cleaning and maintenance you are encouraged to use. I've thought about doing it before but real estate is like gambling nobody ever talks about their losses only the big wins.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.