The Tim Tracker #158 Will our budget get as tight as our pants?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nick and Tim both have a similar pace and estimated time they will finish so they are definitely running side by side. I wonder if Tim is slowing Nick down?
A6F5EB4B-B01F-4503-BA9A-9F5DB599D9BB.jpeg
B31E4B90-5849-4B19-9DFA-53CD8A3E7B7A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I kind of hope TrickyClaus is running circles around TimothyTightPants, talking a mile a minute and driving him nuts just to stay with him and get in the voog footage. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My husband is an avid runner. 10k is the normal run he does a few times a week. He said he’d be happy with 10 min/mile. He’s the same age as Dim and said at nearly 14 min/mile you’re basically walking it.

Reactions: 16
I'm a 53 year old woman (going through menopause, thyroid issues) and NOT a runner but I do some 5k & 10k virtual RunDisney races to set goals and hold myself accountable with a workout routine. I want to do a 10K at WDW soon but was worried about being swept. Dim's average pace of 13:51 is similar to mine so I guess I should go for it. I would love to see how much he's going to be hurting the next few days and J4D will give him no breaks by taking care of the boys herself
@Rebelle I'm a slow runner and yup running Dim's average pace makes the 10k feel like it lasts forever

I saw the winner of the 10k ran the whole thing in 31 minutes with his average being a little over a 5 minute mile.

I’m not going to sit here and pretend I’m in shape or that I could do better than Tim. In my current state right now, I’d probably get swept.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I saw the winner of the 10k ran the whole thing in 31 minutes with his average being a little over a 5 minute mile.

I’m not going to sit here and pretend I’m in shape or that I could do better than Tim. In my current state right now, I’d probably get swept.
No, you wouldn’t!
I looked back on the vlog when Ginn “ran” her 10K, she walked the entire thing then ran across the finish line, her time was ~1 hour and 48 mins.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I always thought tracker was a made up name - where did it come from?
It is. Their actual last name appears on the screenshots from the 10K timing.

The channel started out as a way for friends and family to "track" Tim and the things he did around Central Florida. So it was The Tim Tracker. Then Jenn schmoozed her way in.

I have to admit, I was really hoping he'd get swept. I'm guessing that Nick was a motivating factor....come on Tim, you can do it, I'll rub those Moana tat covered feet for you as soon as you get to the finish line. :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 22

The channel started out as a way for friends and family to "track" Tim and the things he did around Central Florida. So it was The Tim Tracker. Then Jenn schmoozed her way in.
I see - was there a time of him saying ‘no that’s not my last name’ but then just resigning to the fact people thought it was? 😁

Reactions: 5
I see - was there a time of him saying ‘no that’s not my last name’ but then just resigning to the fact people thought it was? 😁
I think they've kept it up for privacy reasons, although their last name is really easy to find, along with their address, dates of birth, phone numbers, building permits, tax liens, child's school...they make it all too ridiculously easy.

No, you wouldn’t!
I looked back on the vlog when Ginn “ran” her 10K, she walked the entire thing then ran across the finish line, her time was ~1 hour and 48 mins.
I used to actually be in decent shape and did a lot of heavy weight lifting and hiking in the mountains of New Mexico. I was able to do 10k hikes but there was never any rush to finish since it was a leisure hike and not a race. I have a very slow pace. I’m pretty short and always blame my short legs for not being fast lol. Back then, I was used to walking uphill in high elevation. (I even hiked the Grand Canyon which I would not be able to do now.) I had a back injury early last year and I was not able to work out once in 2023 but I’m doing better now and my goal is to get back into the shape I was.

Sorry for going OT. To circle back to the trackers, Jenn said she wanted to be more healthy in 2024. How very non specific of her. At least Tim set a goal of how much weight he wanted to lose. She didn’t mention anything about losing weight, just to be more healthy. Normally I wouldn’t fault anyone who said they want to be more healthy but to me, she’s not being specific about how she wants to get healthy because I don’t think she cares to. She’s very content being overweight, out of shape and lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I find it funny that Dim's weight loss goal was 30lbs this year...last year it was 15...guess he lost nothing last year and gained twice as much as he wanted to lose.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

I have to admit, I was really hoping he'd get swept. I'm guessing that Nick was a motivating factor....come on Tim, you can do it, I'll rub those Moana tat covered feet for you as soon as you get to the finish line. :sick:
I was hoping he would get swept too. His time wasn’t great by any means but I didn’t expect it to be since I don’t think he did any kind of training for this other than going out and running a couple of miles a few days ago.
I wonder if he even stopped to take photos with characters? Maybe he did and that’s why his time isn’t that great?

Reactions: 8
1000016905.jpg

Yeah, he walked the entire race. I wish the results were broken down more, id love to see his mile splits. I bet he started running at top speed and ran too fast, then slowed down to his mostly walk/half heartedly run mix.

This has inspired me. I'm signing up for the WDW marathon weekend half marathon next year. I used to be a runner and have done like 8 halfs, but haven't done anything but a 5k since moving to FL in 2018. I miss it. I'm going to train up again and do this next year.

Reactions: 19
😔 well, Dim finished
But Dim & Dum had identical times.
We’re they holding hands when they crossed the finish line?

7877F566-C707-4901-B027-B49E3ADEF7EF.jpeg
0D1AF930-B340-4732-9E65-AFEA8F40ECC9.jpeg

note: Nick is doing the Dopey Challenge.
Most of them walk the 5K & 10K in preparation for the half (13.1 miles) & full (26.2 miles) marathons the next two days.

I am following two other people who have done previous Dopeys. One a legend (has done DC since the inaugural year, 2014). Nick’s pace is several minutes faster than theirs. I hope he didn’t sacrifice his legs just to get Dim over the finish line.

Last edited:
  • Haha
My husband is an avid runner. 10k is the normal run he does a few times a week. He said he’d be happy with 10 min/mile. He’s the same age as Dim and said at nearly 14 min/mile you’re basically walking it.
That is the pace I wogged when I was 85 pounds overweight so yeah… That Tracks
---

I think you have to stop and eat a sit down breakfast to get swept from these races now. Like most large distance races there are basically two races, the ones for serious/dedicated runners and the one to make money. Yes you will see runners of all paces actually racing and then you have a million people “just there for the experience”
---
View attachment 2669651

Yeah, he walked the entire race. I wish the results were broken down more, id love to see his mile splits. I bet he started running at top speed and ran too fast, then slowed down to his mostly walk/half heartedly run mix.

This has inspired me. I'm signing up for the WDW marathon weekend half marathon next year. I used to be a runner and have done like 8 halfs, but haven't done anything but a 5k since moving to FL in 2018. I miss it. I'm going to train up again and do this next year.
I think he walked until a race photography zone then ran for the camera then walked again, rinse and repeat. Not that I know from experience or anything 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Meanwhile Dim’s family was probably like “but…. we don’t want to track you dude”.

Dim: “Pleeeeeaaaase track me and pay attention to meeeeeee!”

• Haha
Reactions: 17
He wore these shorts to run long distance??? 🤦‍♀️

Instagram.jpg

His hair. 😅 That front swoop part is now a few sweaty strands.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.