The Tim Tracker #134 We're not thin, but our hair is!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly don't think the boys will be involved in a bunch of activities or sports once these two realize how much time and effort it takes (unless a nanny can do all the driving, which would cost a fortune). There are nights I am in my car driving kids around from 4pm-9pm or even later - my husband works late many nights. Practices alone, on the same nights (sometimes more than 1 per kid), have you running ragged. I live in my car during the evenings, because who is going to drive all the way home after drop off, just to turn around 30 min later and drive back so you can take the same kid to another activity. Sometimes you can work out a ride, but depends on if your kid is going straight home or not or whether your house is on the way for that person or not. Then if each kid is in a different activity or sport, they may have weekend games or tournaments at the same time and you each split up and drive them, or you work out a ride with a teammate's parent (but you can't do this every time or you are never there to support your own kid, as most parents want to do...).

Add to this daily school drop off and pickup (because I don't see either of their kids riding a bus), and there is no way they can have one driving parent unless they have a ton of parent pals who like them enough to constantly haul those boys around for them (like @xmasbdaygirl said).

They will probably have to have two nannies who take their boys to all their activities while T&J are off at the parks or on vacay to "relax" because they have two kids. 🥴

How does Marge Simpson do it? She has 3 kids, Homer, and a dog and cat. Homer does drive though.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
At some point she's going to HAVE to drive, as soon as the kids get old enough then she's going need to drop them off an get them at friends, lessons, days out etc, there's no way by the time those kids are older an into teens they are going be on the same money, so no more nannies being able to do it

Also am not sure how times work with schools over there an if the kids schools will be split, over here primany is from half 8 to 3 (age 4 to 10) an high school is some days 8 till 2 an other days 9 till 4 (age 11 to 16/17/18) if the schools are like that there then it's going be back an forth to them
My elementary kid gets on the bus at 8:30am and off the bus around 4. My high schooler gets on the bus at 6:30am and dropped off at 2:45pm. My kids go to public school, not private, so I don’t know if it’s any different.

Reactions: 9
Poor, poor, Jenn, now you have two miracle children and---it's hard!!!! Are you aware that, if you think it's hard now, the next 18 years are going to be absolutely impossible for you. Sure, babies are hard with diapers and feeding and constant need for attention, but 8-10 year olds need a completely different type of parenting and you just wait until those boys hit 13-15 and they are testing all the boundaries that you never set up with them as 3 year olds. You're in trouble, girl. Big, huge, scary trouble if you think having two kids is hard now.

I think a huge solution to this hard situation is Jenn driving. I really think, until she drives, having two children will become more and more difficult. Even with nannies/chaffeurs/whatever. If she thinks remembering an SD card is hard because she has two childrens, she's in for a trip the next 15 years.
If and when she starts driving again she will never be home. She will go out for a few things and 8 hours later she will stroll in with her shopping haul.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Tim will have the kids do sports. He’s already mentioned it. It’s going to be very hard with Jenn not driving. Life is already hard with Jenn not driving. Not only will he have to drive the kids around, he has to drive her around.

Things will only get harder for these two. The baby stage is hard because it’s so repetitive, but life just gets more complicated the older they get.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Those kids will not go to school, have friends outside each other, and not go to activities unless the nanny takes them. Tim and Jenn won't give up any of their precious time to make sure they gets places on time, they are already chronically late for everything. Let alone not being able to go on vacation whenever Jenn needs one.

The Tim Tracker 135: Ursula would take better care of those poor unfortunate souls.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Tim will have the kids do sports. He’s already mentioned it. It’s going to be very hard with Jenn not driving. Life is already hard with Jenn not driving. Not only will he have to drive the kids around, he has to drive her around.

Things will only get harder for these two. The baby stage is hard because it’s so repetitive, but life just gets more complicated the older they get.
Yep, and he'd also have to fit in driving to / from places to record content too. He'd be potentially criss-crossing all over Orlando by days' end.

Short answer - he's fucked without her contributing to the driving as the kids get older.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Am honestly jealous of how easy it is to drive in America compared to here, the fact that automatic is the norm over there an there's also no round-a-bouts (not that I know off), because here I fking hate an I mean HATE manual, am always stressing I'll stall the damn thing which causes me to stall which just makes me stressed more, but auto cars are like 3x the price of manuals an those are expensive as it is, then you got the stress of making sure you got the right lane at a round-a-bout an making sure you don't get the car trashed by someone taking a chance at coming out or cutting your lane etc

She honestly doesn't realise how easy she has it an she won't drive, but yet a golf cart which has the same controls as a car is totally fine

I'd also pay a ton to see her handle this 🤣🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
So how will Ginn celebrate Father's Day for Dimm? Sleep through the entire day? Claim she forgot what day it was since it changes every year?
---
Am honestly jealous of how easy it is to drive in America compared to here, the fact that automatic is the the norm over there an there's also no round-a-bouts (not that I know off), because here I fking hate an I mean HATE manual, am always stressing I'll stall the damn thing which causes me to stall which just makes me stressed more, but auto cars are like 3x the price of manuals an those are expensive as it is, then you got the stress of making sure you got the right lane at a round-a-bout an making sure you don't get the car trashed by someone taking a chance at coming out or cutting your lane etc

She honestly doesn't realise how easy she has it an she won't drive, but yet a golf cart which has the same controls as a car is totally fine
Roundabouts exist here too. I have to drive through three of them once I get off the interstate to get to my house...however they are baby roundabouts none of this roundabout in a roundabout in a bigger roundabout business.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Those kids will not go to school, have friends outside each other, and not go to activities unless the nanny takes them. Tim and Jenn won't give up any of their precious time to make sure they gets places on time, they are already chronically late for everything. Let alone not being able to go on vacation whenever Jenn needs one.
True. If they still did have a nanny / babysitter by then, they'd be on #1,375 bc I could totally see those individuals quickly tiring of the situation and leaving because they'd tire of watching a mom sit there on her ass watching reality TV all day surrounded by a messy house filled to the brim with junk and with Fort Pampers mice running about while the nanny / babysitter does all the work handling the out-of-control kids and shuffling them to / from school and activities.

And paid poorly on top of it.

It'd be different if Tim and Jenn were living in the likes of Isleworth where, at the very least, the individual would be surrounded by luxury, golf courses, other legit rich people, and a lovely home, and could write off Jenn as a typical airhead "housewives of Isleworth" sort. But that's not the case.
---
Am honestly jealous of how easy it is to drive in America compared to here, the fact that automatic is the norm over there an there's also no round-a-bouts (not that I know off), because here I fking hate an I mean HATE manual, am always stressing I'll stall the damn thing which causes me to stall which just makes me stressed more, but auto cars are like 3x the price of manuals an those are expensive as it is, then you got the stress of making sure you got the right lane at a round-a-bout an making sure you don't get the car trashed by someone taking a chance at coming out or cutting your lane etc
We have rotaries / roundabouts / traffic circles / whatever you want to call them here. Some are bigger than others.
My parents' cars are still stick too (my dad has a Jeep), and I recall when I lived up in Ohio growing up (we're all in Fla now obvs) that we preferred driving stick in the winter bc we'd be able to control the car better. I first learned to drive on a manual Honda but I totally feel for your re: the stalling thing. It's unnerving when you're first learning.

We have rotaries / roundabouts / traffic circles / whatever you want to call them here. Some are bigger than others.
My parents' cars are still stick too (my dad has a Jeep), and I recall when I lived up in Ohio growing up (we're all in Fla now obvs) that we preferred driving stick in the winter bc we'd be able to control the car better. I first learned to drive on a manual Honda but I totally feel for your re: the stalling thing. It's unnerving when you're first learning.
I wasn't sure what you all have over there, my friend is new jersey an doesn't come across them an for all the time I've been in Orlando (granted I've not done much just between Disney an universal) I haven't seen any either, but it seems like every single road here has at least 20 of the things, but stalling has always been my weakness an we learn on the roads with everyone else, nothing worse than being out on your second lesson with cars right behind you on the horn because you stalled at the lights or round-a-bouts 😖 I honestly wanted to give up, I also could have torn my examiner to bits as well when he included the dreaded hill start on my test 😖😂

Reactions: 9
Roundabouts exist here too. I have to drive through three of them once I get off the interstate to get to my house...however they are baby roundabouts none of this roundabout in a roundabout in a bigger roundabout business.
Have you ever done Confusion Corner down in Stuart, FL?

It's one fucked up intersection...part rotary, part traditional intersection...part side roads converging in the middle... part whatever-the-hell-else with active train tracks to boot. It's like 8 different roads converging in a mishmosh. Been on TV multiple times bc it's so wacky.

Pics may look innocuous but they don't do it justice bc when it's crowded and zipping around with cars on a weekend in the summer, it's a nightmare. Not sure if they've been fixing it though; haven't been down there since 2021.

1687103401769.png

1687103917224.png

Funny minute-long video; they even made a song about it-

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I wasn't sure what you all have over there, my friend is new jersey an doesn't come across them an for all the time I've been in Orlando (granted I've not done much just between Disney an universal) I haven't seen any either, but it seems like every single road here has at least 20 of the things, but stalling has always been my weakness an we learn on the roads with everyone else, nothing worse than being out on your second lesson with cars right behind you on the horn because you stalled at the lights or round-a-bouts 😖 I honestly wanted to give up, I also could have torn my examiner to bits as well when he included the dreaded hill start on my test 😖😂
Oh, they definitely have them in NJ.

Reactions: 11
I’ve known SAHMs who only drive locally. Like they don’t do highways or long drives, but they can drive to school and groceries and appointments. Not ideal, but it’s something.

The fact Jenn refuses to try to drive at all is wild. I don’t know how Tim puts up with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yeah, we have them here in Orlando. They're on the smaller side... there's some downtown in residential areas that I would come across (like on Delaney St). There's also some out in the country that you'll come across (e.g., Rt. 561 meeting 455) ...ones in newer build areas around Palm Coast / St. Augustine... a few bigger ones on the west coast of Fla. in newer residential areas, and one I've been on in downtown Jensen Beach...

They seem to be popping up more here in Fla.

I remember driving a bunch up in NE / Mass when I'd visit up there (e.g., Cape Cod, etc.)

Reactions: 10
How does Marge Simpson do it? She has 3 kids, Homer, and a dog and cat. Homer does drive though.
Homer also has a job. Homer 2, Ginn 0.

Lots of trafffic circles as mentioned in NJ. NJ also has a lot of 5-point intersections I always found odd. DE starting to use traffic circles a lot too. PA/MD not so much. They aren’t bad IMO but that blasphemous hellhole in Stuart looks awful!

• Haha
Good to know your roads are all as fked up as they are here an it's not just the UK that's a mess 😅 some of our roads look like they gave a toddler a map to draw then went with it

Honestly sometimes my mate gives me a slightly different view about America than I have, I ask about things an she says no then am left wondering if I got it wrong, an because am not there to come across it then am left with what she says 🫤
---
Homer also has a job. Homer 2, Ginn 0.

Lots of trafffic circles as mentioned in NJ. NJ also has a lot of 5-point intersections I always found odd. DE starting to use traffic circles a lot too. PA/MD not so much. They aren’t bad IMO but that blasphemous hellhole in Stuart looks awful!
Homer also loves his kids even if it doesn't show sometimes Homer 3, Ginn 0

We are getting a lot of roundabouts here, there is one on AMI now and it seems like they are building them with any new shopping complex. People come here from all over and one thing is consistent, no one knows how to navigate a roundabout properly. My ultimate favorite are the folks who are in the middle of the circle and just stop.

My daughter played softball for years with a girl whose mother would not drive over a bridge. Any bridge. I understood her trauma as she was involved somehow as a child in the Skyway bridge collapse on 1980. But it is incredibly difficult to drive in this part of Florida without having to cross a bridge. I often drove her daughter to places on the other side of the bridge for games. She helped me out when she could. I do not understand Jenn's trauma at all, seeing as, according to her version of the story, nothing actually happened. She got cut off and honked at and maybe even yelled at, right? She was not hit, no one pulled a gun on her, she wasn't chased, harassed or followed home. It was completely a non-event. If it was an event, we would have heard about it 999 million times by now. It's been what, 8 or so years now? And driving a golf cart on public roads, like AMI, is the same as driving a car. Driving a car is safer because airbags and antilock brakes and all that safety equipment.

Reactions: 16
Good to know your roads are all as fked up as they are here an it's not just the UK that's a mess 😅 some of our roads look like they gave a toddler a map to draw then went with it

Honestly sometimes my mate gives me a slightly different view about America than I have, I ask about things an she says no then am left wondering if I got it wrong, an because am not there to come across it then am left with what she says 🫤
---

Homer also loves his kids even if it doesn't show sometimes Homer 3, Ginn 0
That's because America is the size of Europe+ and there are real differences depending on where you are. It's better to think of it like five large countries(they call them UK sized).

LWY0y1c - Imgur.jpeg
main-qimg-43e935240a719c2b0e2cf7ccd12f700e-lq.jpeg

For Americans, it's actually seven distinct areas!
main-qimg-7b61ea45ec4250b6757f5486d5d14860-pjlq.jpeg

Reactions: 14
an there's also no round-a-bouts (not that I know off
In our state there are roundabouts EVERYWHERE. So many people don't know how to drive in them, and we have one down the road that has a ton of lanes and people routinely use turn signals and just stop in the middle of it. 😆🤦‍♀️

• Haha
In our state there are roundabouts EVERYWHERE. So many people don't know how to drive in them, and we have one down the road that has a ton of lanes and people routinely use turn signals and just stop in the middle of it. 😆🤦‍♀️
I could imagine the carnage here if someone stoped in the middle of a round-a-bout 😅 it was bad enough when one of our massive ones went from a two lane with no lights to a three lane with traffic lights, the people who didn't know the area treated it like the three lane an lights where as all the locals who had known it for years still acted like it was a two lane with no lights, it was a nightmare 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.