The Tim Tracker #125 The Ostrich Ate My Baby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I skipped through almost all of it, because I can't stand their banter, but Tim doesn't look as bright eyed in Adam's video.

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 11.07.24 AM.png

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I suffered through it because I was interested. I normally don't watch ATW videos because I hate how he's constantly changing the subject and just babbles nonsensically about the most mundane tit (isn't this all vloggers though?!). He basically witches about taxes for well over half the video, saying how stressed it makes him but he just gives everything to an accountant, so he doesn't even do his own taxes. Other things of interest:
  • He writes off A TON, including:
    • Hotels, gas, rental cars, flights, camera purchases, any admissions he pays to theme parks/museums/etc
  • Since he posts regular videos, he was told by an accountant that's proof that he's using his write-offs for business expenses
  • He's used an accountant for forever, is now on his second because the first retired. All his tax knowledge is from his accountant
  • He understands that he uses his write-offs to lower his taxable income, so that he pays less in taxes
  • He said he's not in the 10 or 12% tax brackets, that he's in a higher level, but doesn't say which one (though he keeps pointing to the 32% bracket), but he also doesn't understand tax brackets at all and witches FOR A LONG TIME about how he wouldn't want to give up 40-50% of his income to the government. That's not how it works, Adam.
  • He says he understands why people try to evade paying their taxes, he'd rather have more money than pay the government.
  • He wonders if he should stop vlogging so that he could go down to a lower tax bracket and save more of his money
  • He takes a penalty to just file his taxes once per year instead of once a quarter because it's too stressful for him. He'd rather pay a larger fee to file every 5 years, but that's not allowed
  • This year's taxes will be way easier than last year's, because his only income source is YouTube. Previously, he had merchandise sales, Patreon, donations, stock sales, etc. that he had to account for
Is he solely talking federal income tax? Or does he also mention the 15.3% self employment tax aka social security and Medicare tax?

Reactions: 9
Is he solely talking federal income tax? Or does he also mention the 15.3% self employment tax aka social security and Medicare tax?
I don't recall him saying anything about that, so probably just federal income tax.

I forgot to mention, he puts aside 30% of every paycheck (with YT, I believe they're paid monthly) to cover his eventual tax payment, and says between that and his write-offs he's never really surprised by how much he owes.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
So Adam is definitely making more than what Social Blade is reporting, which says 150K. YouTube must be paying out higher. That would make sense for the Trackers’ finances too.
It doesn't make sense for the Slackers finances...they spent 200k on trips alone!

Reactions: 13
I’ve been doing my own taxes for years and one of the questions asks if I’ve worked out of state. Wonder how the know-it-all handles that. Does he say no, label the videos a vacation, but still try to write it off? Or does he admit to “working” in CA and HI? And write off every little thing including the whales 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners and umpteen desserts per day? Is he carrying around a target bag on all these trips to store every receipt?

edit to add more questions.

And what about all of the souvenirs? If they claim it’s for the memories, to me that’s a personal choice to buy it…is he claiming all of the shirts and frames?? I would think it’s only a true business expense if he’s buying it solely to use as a giveaway for his business. And we know how that goes. did they film J$‘s birth in the hopes of writing off the hospital stay??

They are just an audit waiting to happen

Last edited:
  • Heart
ATW may “write off” a portion of everything he does, but he can’t write off the entire amounts. That’s not how it works. I sincerely hope the tax law changes to gouge these Creators and Influencers (just threw up in my mouth for writing that) money grabs because that’s all it is.
#homemovies

Reactions: 14
I would like to watch these blogger try to explain the 3d chess Disney played in regards to the whole Reedy Creek thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So Adam writes off basically his entire existence. Nice.

In my state, you’d get audited so fast for tit like that.

Reactions: 15
No night nurse, I think Jenn is playing at being a parent to the baby because Tim told her he wouldn’t be carrying everyone. It will last a couple of weeks when Tim is pacified

also why aren’t these vloggers using an accountant? Taxes can get complex

Reactions: 9
Is it possible that Big Baby Ollie isn't being featured because Son1 doesn't like that and spoils the recordings?

Reactions: 19
I would like to watch these blogger try to explain the 3d chess Disney played in regards to the whole Reedy Creek thing.
Brayden/Mickey Views had a very good, simple, non-political video about it all yesterday. I don't think any other vlogger could possible even come close. I don't think anyone considers him a part of this group of idiots though.
---
Is it possible that Big Baby Ollie isn't being featured because Son1 doesn't like that and spoils the recordings?
That's a strong possibility. Aside from J$ meets him in the hospital and the not even actual words song J$ was singing to BBO in the swing, I do not think the two have been captured on video together.

Reactions: 17
Brayden/Mickey Views had a very good, simple, non-political video about it all yesterday. I don't think any other vlogger could possible even come close. I don't think anyone considers him a part of this group of idiots though.
---

That's a strong possibility. Aside from J$ meets him in the hospital and the not even actual words song J$ was singing to BBO in the swing, I do not think the two have been captured on video together.
Oooh, I didn't notice that. Isn't that innnn-teresting?

Reactions: 7

This came up on my FB feeds. It seem to me that the whole nap thing is not just a Tim and Jenn issue.

• Haha
  • Wow
When you add up the costs for the Jeep, the safari, eating out, possibly parking at the airport....do they even break even on that video?
They could have done the behind the scenes safari at disney or animal kingdom lodge way cheaper

Does Disney still do the FREE scavenger hunts for kids at the resorts? They could do that with J$, but since he’d love it, they probably won’t.

I wonder if they're avoiding Disney so they don't run into any adoring stans. They probably want to do something somewhat smart/responsible and keep them away from Cousin Oliver since they're already dragging him out of the house at less than a month old. You know those stans have no shame and will want phots and to poke and oggle at him. I'm sure that weirdo Candace and her even weirder son will be in full stalker mode and track them down as soon as they hit Disney property.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve been doing my own taxes for years and one of the questions asks if I’ve worked out of state. Wonder how the know-it-all handles that. Does he say no, label the videos a vacation, but still try to write it off? Or does he admit to “working” in CA and HI? And write off every little thing including the whales 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners and umpteen desserts per day? Is he carrying around a target bag on all these trips to store every receipt?

edit to add more questions.

And what about all of the souvenirs? If they claim it’s for the memories, to me that’s a personal choice to buy it…is he claiming all of the shirts and frames?? I would think it’s only a true business expense if he’s buying it solely to use as a giveaway for his business. And we know how that goes. did they film J$‘s birth in the hopes of writing off the hospital stay??

They are just an audit waiting to happen
You bring up very valid points.
Some that I have pondered myself.

I believe it’s been established that they only have ONE credit card between them. They use this for EVERYTHING!

Therefore how do they separate the “business” purchases/expenses from the “personal” (ie. house/car/medical insurance, utilities, car/house maintenance, food, clothing, souvenirs: tshirts, picture frames, tervis mugs, etc)??

Tim is the content creator and videographer.
DJ the footage editor.
Two distinctly different jobs.
Tim is the main person for the channel I can see his expenses mostly being write offs.
But how can he write off ALL of her meals, travel expenses and trinkets?

And what about Jackson’s expenses?
As far as I know, he is not a paid employee of (The) Tim Tracker LLC.
How can they write off all his clothing, meals and plane flights?
What about all the nanny’s hotel, plane and meal costs?

My family had two companies.
We had business credit cards to cover expenses related to our doing business.
If we got together as a family and discussed business, the bill would be placed on this card.
If it was just a family get together the charge went on someone’s personal CC.

They are walking a thin line and I so want to see an IRS audit!!

eta: I am not a tax expert/pro. And I don’t know the thresholds/limits for this question, but will put the question out there anyways.

Are THEY paying state income tax to California and Hawaii since they are claiming all their expenses to go to these states on “business”??

Last edited:
  • Heart
Does Disney still do the FREE scavenger hunts for kids at the resorts? They could do that with J$, but since he’d love it, they probably won’t.
They could hide blueberries around their house for him. He'd love that too (if he could get to them all before the mice).

• Haha
It wouldn’t be Jackson doing the scavenger hunt.
It would be Tim controlling the narrative and getting exasperated with J$.

Tim does not relate to J$ as a 3-1/2 year old child.
To him J$ (through osmosis) knows and understands everything. So he should respond and act accordingly to whatever Tim says.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.