The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have most of the expansions, copious amounts of CC, multiple mods yet play it obsessively for 5 days every 6 months and forget about it.

Anyone else the same?

As sims 2 is nearly two decades old. It more than likely won’t work on your computer. If you do get it to work it will more than likely crash.
Ah really? That's tit. I play on origin and they've removed sims 2 from there anyway.

I found a copy of Sims 2 that my parents had held onto in their attic which I’ve been able to install and play but sadly no luck with the expansions and I’m reluctant to buy them again… I spoke to EA’s customer support and they confirmed it’s now unsupported 😭

Has anyone done anything with Newcrest? I’ve built a bowling alley there in one of my saves. It would be good if you could build and save that world so it was permanent for every new game rather than going through the same save file every time.
[/QUOTE]

I put loads in newcrest like bars, restaurants, spas,nightclubs,bowling alleys,gyms and some schools as I have a mod where you can play with the kids and teens at school but you need to go to work expansion pack!

The dream decor pack looks good but I’m so bad at building I like decorating though, the cottage life one looks super cute too but I’ve spent too much lately 🙈

Since I don’t build I just download lots from the gallery but the last while my gallery has big red x’s going through everything, it’s so annoying I’ve been looking online for solutions and they’ve said to turn off antivirus firewall or take out mods folder then put it back but it hasn’t worked 😢

Reactions: 1
Oh my goodness I'm so excited to have found this thread! I will have a read through the previous 17 pages but just wanted to say hello!
I started playing the original Sims when it first came out back in 2000 when I was 15/16 years old! I'm now a 37-year old mum and I am still a Sims lover :D
I'm obssessed with downloading custom content ... my sims always have beautiful farmhouse style homes, I just can't help it! Do any of you have a 'sims style'?

Reactions: 5
I'm obssessed with downloading custom content ... my sims always have beautiful farmhouse style homes, I just can't help it! Do any of you have a 'sims style'?
Most of my Sims have very colourful houses just because I like it. And lots of animal stuff. I gave every one of my Sim households a cat because I LOVE cats and when the Cottage Living pack comes out they will also each have a bunny

• Haha
Most of my Sims have very colourful houses just because I like it. And lots of animal stuff. I gave every one of my Sim households a cat because I LOVE cats and when the Cottage Living pack comes out they will also each have a bunny
Like Oprah YOU GET A CAT, YOU GET A CAT, YOU GET A BUNNY, YOU GET A BUNNY 😂

I loved the original pets expansion so if I do find myself playing it more I might be tempted by cats and dogs, or even the cottage one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh my goodness I'm so excited to have found this thread! I will have a read through the previous 17 pages but just wanted to say hello!
I started playing the original Sims when it first came out back in 2000 when I was 15/16 years old! I'm now a 37-year old mum and I am still a Sims lover :D
I love the decor in the Cats & Dogs pack so most of my Sim’s homes have that cosy sort of look, but I also really like the retro style in the Get Famous pack so some of my homes have that style. I tend to decorate depending on the personality of my Sim which sounds really sad 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Pretty much all my houses are midcentury or modern. Unless I‘m building for eldery sims then it‘s full on cottages

How do you all play? Do you play through the generations? Do you turn off ageing? I tend to create a Sim, play them either solo or maybe they’ll have one kid which I’ll then play through. I find having too many in a family overwhelmingly. I always play rags to riches and never uses mods, CC or cheats. I get a bit bored though when they become super rich. My current play is a judge who earns mega bucks and it gets a big boring when you can afford everything! How I wish I could say that in real life 🤣

Reactions: 4
How do you all play? Do you play through the generations? Do you turn off ageing? I tend to create a Sim, play them either solo or maybe they’ll have one kid which I’ll then play through. I find having too many in a family overwhelmingly. I always play rags to riches and never uses mods, CC or cheats. I get a bit bored though when they become super rich. My current play is a judge who earns mega bucks and it gets a big boring when you can afford everything! How I wish I could say that in real life 🤣
I think my play style is similar to yours. I make one perfect beautiful sim. Send her to university, complete a few aspirations, then maybe find a handsome guy and have a beautiful baby together.
I had one sim that made 200k from the programmer freelancer before they finished uni and that got a bit boring 🤣

Reactions: 2
Every now and then I try a challenge like the 100 Baby but after the 15th baby I usually get bored 😂

• Haha
I play through the generations until they’ve built so much wealth that it’s not a challenge anymore, then start again with a new Sim/couple. I am a nerd for the genetics in the game so I like seeing which features carry through different generations and being able to influence who they become right from toddler stage, especially with the Parenthood pack.

My play style does mean I tend to limit each person after the first generation to only having one child to keep the household size manageable and it’s soooooo much easier when they have daughters so that you don’t have to move their partner in to get hold of the baby 😂 I don’t like playing with cheats or mods

I've never used mods and used to use money cheats but like playing rags to riches now. With the packs I've got when I play now I'll generally make a young adult, stop ageing, move them into a starter home, get them a few skills then apply to university, get their degree, start a career and move to a better house then turn aging back on and eventually will find them as normal a sim as possible to start a family with.

Then once the child is aging up I get bored 😂 repeat process again

I turn off aging and have a bunch of different households with soap opera-esque plots like cheating, lots of babies, deaths, alien abductions and so on

• Haha
I usually turn off aging but age them up myself when I want and I have various families too that all kinda interlink 🤣

I use mods and cc only in the last year or so and I couldn’t go back now! I got obsessed last year during lockdown, spent so much on packs and started watching simmers on YouTube.

I’m crap at building though so usually download lots off the gallery’s and then decorate them to my taste.

There’s some cool challenges you can do to make the gameplay more fun like the “not so berry challenge” I wouldn’t be able for the 100 baby it would be too overwhelming 😳🙈

Reactions: 3
I started watching some sims YouTube whilst I run and I’m quite shook at the mods 😂 I’ve never done any of that and my tiny mind was blown at them

how do you install or use them? I don’t know anything about them!

I usually make a cute young adult couple, they have a couple of kids and I like to play through old age and then pick a child to play with. Love my CC and cheats to be honest! Usually in a huge gorgeous farmhouse style home, loads of land, veg and flowers, couple of dogs. Dad is usually a gardener, teacher etc. Mum is stay at home or a writer/painter. I love the country life on the sims, love living by the sea etc, which is why I'm insanely excited for the new expansion pack. My fave thing about the sims 3 was the farming element - I loved the horses, cows and chickens!

I personally really struggle with large sims households, I normally just play a 1 or 2 sim household but my favourite is just the 1 sim household really. I struggle controlling 3 or more sims, I get stressed out 😂 I usually play young females and get them into a relationship then I get bored and cause some sort of drama. But mods are brilliant and I probably couldn’t play without them!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.