Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noseybonk

VIP Member
Hey all, I’ve finally caught up. This thread can make you smile and cry at the same time. Love and hugs to everyone saying goodbye to fur babies, welcoming new fur babies, or purchasing a new tv 🤣🤣🤣

My ragdoll kitten Teddy is probably not even classed as a kitten anymore as he’s nearly 1. I work from home most days, and he keeps plonking himself on my desk and going to sleep holding my hand. 😍

I know this is dramatic, but I feel I can get away with saying this on here 👀, but we so blessed and he just brings so much joy to our family. 🥰.

IMG_0720.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14

NoddyFromToytown

Thank you everyone ❤ your kind words have really meant a lot. I haven’t gone into work today (I have a split role and one of my bosses didn’t even respond to my message about losing her so at this point they can absolutely get lost). I’m also calling off a date I had on Friday due to his reaction in terms of lack of empathy so think my baby girl has done me a favour there.

Sharing pics of my two girls I still have, although neither is as loving or friendly as my Sleek…

Attachments

• Heart

shazbev

VIP Member
IMG_20231230_192809.jpg

Loki and Merry hogging the back of the sofa on top of the radiator, can't say I blame them 😻.

• Heart
  • Haha

xxWillowTreexx

So after fostering this little lady for 18 months and a few half hearted rehoming attempts I have to admit she's here to stay.

She was the smallest of the litter so she was nicknamed Eeany Meany and its kind of stuck but i think i need a proper name for vets etc but im stumped for ideas?
1000041643.jpg

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
In typical cat fashion, I have one of those beds that hangs over a radiator, neither cat has ever used it so I decided I might as well take jt to rhe charity shop with a few other things I'm getting rid of. I took it down and put it on the floor, as soon as I did my cat sat on it and fell asleep 🤣

• Haha

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I really love seeing everyone’s pics on this thread . Such beautiful kitties ❤

I have had a hairy week with my Freddy this week and he has been to see the emergency vet . A few days ago he suddenly stopped eating his food and wasn’t drinking that much water . I first thought that was just being picky ( hadnt twigged about the water at this stage ) but then after 24 hours i knew that something was seriously wrong . Made an appointment at the vet and Bundled Freddy up in his carrier and off we went.

Vet gave Freddy a thorough checking over and did a blood test to see if anything was going on internally . During the check We discovered that Freddy has a chipped molar ( which I didn’t know about) which the vet thought was the problem ( made sense to me as the no eating / drinking had happened overnight rather than being gradual). Blood test came back clear and no other signs of injury / discomfort .

Freddy is now on painkiller medication for a few days and will have to have surgery next week to get the tooth removed. Apparantly it’s quite common for cats to have a hairline crack and a tooth breaks as the cat ages .

I am having a battle now though as Freddy has basically stopped eating any wet/dry whiskers food ( I think this maybe because he is associating pain with the food?🤔). I just know he won’t eat either the wet food nor the biscuits he usually eats. Sooo I have also spent a week looking for alternatives for him and feeding him prices of salmon ( fresh from supermarket - no bones , added in extras like salt etc) as I couldn’t get anything down him . The last few days he has been eating the mon petit intense food from purina but not sure I will carry on with them? They don’t have many options flavour wise and not the best value. I also have Sheba slices to try out as the pack size is better and you get more in a box ) .

As for biscuits - tried him on royal canin which I don’t think he is that keen on. He will eat some of them. So I am thinking I need to try another brand .

all that being said - he is currently much better than he was a few days ago and is now eating / drinking again ( and going to the toilet regularly). He didn’t got at all for about 48 hours . I was extremely worried about him. I am pleased he is out of the woods and that we found the issue . So next step is the tooth surgery this week ( and hopefully he likes Sheba haha).

The patient in his box at the vet

Attachments

• Heart

hytuhh

Chatty Member
View attachment 2865924
Hello everyone, not posted on here before but this is my angel girl Sleek (real name Mika but it stuck). Now an actual angel as we had to have her put to sleep today, I’m missing her so much and feel like my heart has been smashed into a million pieces. She was nearly 16 and I got her at 6 weeks old, the first night I ever moved into a house of my own. I do have two more fur babies but she was always the most loving and friendly ❤ I thought I could find some understanding here as I haven’t had much in real life ❤
I wanted to say so sorry for your loss and the unfortunate fact of how people just don't realise how much pets mean to us. Whenever I talk about my cat, people roll their eyes or some people even say outright that "it's just a cat" or how crazy I am. My cat is my baby and has got me through so many things (that she probably doesn't even realise), as I am sure your angel girl Sleek did too.

I hope you're doing okay, same to anyone else who has lost a baby. They aren't "just pets", they are are whole lives ❤

• Heart

aidil

VIP Member
1711983861429.jpeg

Not the best photo but my heart melted when I found this sight last night, all snuggled in the armchair 🥹 I love how Pico just treats poor Darwin like a beanbag 🤣

• Heart

SaltandPepperChicken

Chatty Member
Bittersweet day today. After 3 months my gorgeous foster boy is going to him new home this evening. He is the most affectionate boy with us but struggled with meeting new people.

Until finally a lovely couple who knew he was anxious decided to meet him on a regular basis to build up his trust, and they won him over. I’m so happy for him, but will miss him loads.

IMG_0103.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg

• Heart

~vix~83~

VIP Member
IMG_1720.jpeg
3 years ago Nala moved in with us!
She’s tested us that’s for sure but wouldn’t be without her!

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
One of my cats is so cute, he has this toy mouse and every single day he plays with it, kills it, and then takes it over to the kitchen and puts it next to his food 🤣 find it there every morning as well. I'm assuming it's the hunt, kill, eat drive but it's funny, literally find that mouse there multiple times a day 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13