Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
I don't have much advice on older cats, but the flinching seems normal,though depends what it looks like I guess, if it's what I'm imagining then most cats I've ever know do that!
Flinching is normal in all cats in my experience, certain cats just hate being touched in some places. Just learn what they like I think (for example one of mine loves having his face petted and hates me touching his back near his tail whereas the other loves it) well done for adopting an older cat ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4

aidil

VIP Member
Every time I attempt to get my yoga mat out, my naughty handrear starts chewing it to pieces 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

emm

VIP Member
I live in the country & my little tortie cat is a devil.

She only seems to be limited by the size of the cat flap as to what she brings in! Pigeons & Rabbits are no problem to her, along with the usual mice. Thankfully she's never fetched a rat in... so far 😬

I keep a couple of boxes that cat food pouches come in, cut a small (mouse size) hole in one side seal them back up. The mice will hopefully run into them to take shelter. Then you can return them to the wild. NB take them a fair way away from your place if possible, as my cat has been known to recapture them from my garden.

I have repatriated many of the little chaps this way. Hope this is is of some help. ♥
Great idea! Will try this, fhank you!

• Heart

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Thank you Dolly, she's a sweet thing. My husband calls her Piggatha Hogglesworth for some weird reason. Probably because she eats his beard.
Oh bless her,they are so weird at times,strange chaps puddies.❤❤It’s weird isn’t it where we have the names for our babes,then get called different,Whisper I call her Whippywoo.🤣I think we all do that.❤Or Whippy Woohoo.🤣

• Haha

TheCat'sMother

Chatty Member
if it helps you at all, I’ve attached a screen shot showing you how

so where you write your message you will see attach file. You can then search your phone for your fav picture of your fur baby and press upload

we can wait to see him/her!!
Thank you so much for sending this ❤ - Sadly I don't have a Smart phone, only an ancient Laptop.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Has anyone had much experience with catteries/cat hotels? I usually take my cat to a family members or a friends but they are both moving house so I’m going to have to book her in. I’m worried she will hate me and be really miserable 😭 the place has great reviews, the cats seem really happy (they have an Instagram page) but the thought of her being there and not having me makes me so sad
I used one once with my two when they were little... they were both really angry with me for about half a day when they got back, I think they thought they'd been abandoned.. like you I had no choice, I think it's basically impossible for them to like it no matter how nice it is/the staff are as cats don't really cope well with changes of environment. No advice I'm afraid but he will be fine

strawb

VIP Member
My friends, Pooh Bear has been very sick. He's a bit better after a vet visit (bad UTI) but he's still quite unwell and won't eat. I thought we'd lost him last night as he was unresponsive but then he turned up on the bed purring and wanting cuddles. He's hiding in a wardrobe so I've popped a wool blanket over him (it's quite cold here atm) and he's purring again. The other two are a bit confused as they usually sit in the window together. This was him yesterday, husband and I are both a bit worried but hoping for the best. View attachment 2856908
ohh poor pooh bear 😭🐻 i'm sure he will be okay! he looks like a strong boy! ❤

• Heart
Thank you all! He doesn't hiss or bite at all, I just noticed he flinches a bit when I touch his back. He purrs like a tractor and makes biscuits when I stroke his head and chubby cheeks though!! And loves tummy rubs. He's such a character and has converted me to 100% a cat lover.

• Heart

shazbev

VIP Member
Hey all, I’ve finally caught up. This thread can make you smile and cry at the same time. Love and hugs to everyone saying goodbye to fur babies, welcoming new fur babies, or purchasing a new tv 🤣🤣🤣

My ragdoll kitten Teddy is probably not even classed as a kitten anymore as he’s nearly 1. I work from home most days, and he keeps plonking himself on my desk and going to sleep holding my hand. 😍

I know this is dramatic, but I feel I can get away with saying this on here 👀, but we so blessed and he just brings so much joy to our family. 🥰.

View attachment 2977707
Tbf, I'd be happy to just sit all day and hold his paw 😻❤❤❤.

• Heart

xxWillowTreexx

What a great job you have done with him and what lovely people to have put in a bit of effort to make it easy for him. Would restore a bit of faith in people.

• Heart

FloellaB

Chatty Member
Or is being fed by neighbours 🤣
I have considered this and he wears a ‘do not feed’ collar; I’m not sure if he would go into someone else’s house but if he found food left out for him (or hedgehogs) he would definitely eat it. If ever he doesn’t come in when called I wander along the path to a patch of woodland and he’s always there, lying in wait for rodents. Baby birds will be on the menu soon too.

• Heart