The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did week 6 run 2 this afternoon.
Ran the 10mins and the 3min walk and the next 10mins in one go. Then walked for about 3mins and then ran another 10mins.

Covered 6.1km averaging 7.4km/hour pace, so pretty pleased with that 😊
Well done keep up the good work 👍🏻

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else find running really good for their mental health? My mind is so clear when I run, nothing else beats it.

Reactions: 9
Does anyone else find running really good for their mental health? My mind is so clear when I run, nothing else beats it.
100%. I suffer dreadfully with depression and anxiety and running is genuinely the one thing that will always make me feel better.

I'm a much nicer person when I'm running regularly.

Reactions: 8
@Gym&Tonic 100% 👍🏻 when we started coming out of the first lockdown and sports facilities opened up I started feeling a bit anxious at the thought of being in doors, I received an email to reactivate my membership but I declined and continued with my running, I’m praying I can continue through the winter months

Reactions: 3
@Gym&Tonic 100% 👍🏻 when we started coming out of the first lockdown and sports facilities opened up I started feeling a bit anxious at the thought of being in doors, I received an email to reactivate my membership but I declined and continued with my running, I’m praying I can continue through the winter months
Yes, yes me too! I used to live in the gym pretty much before lockdown and then when they reopened I remember on that first day sitting there with a ball of anxiety in stomach thinking whether or not I should go. I did go, and to be honest it was fine, but I realised I’d not actually missed the gym all that much and had enjoyed being outside exercising because I’d also done load of walking in lockdown.

@Gym&Tonic im really enjoying exercising out side, I can’t explain the feeling I get but I know I’m a much happier relaxed person 👍🏻 I enjoy running on my own listening to good music, I’m more aware of my local area and pleasantly surprised at what’s in it, I would never have know of if I hadn’t started running, I can tell you where streets are to 😂 also the amount of people I see on a regular basis that have started to wave or give you a smile, it’s so lovely 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is my favourite time of year to run. I really struggle just functioning anyway in Summer, I get hot so easily so running in the heat is absolutely awful for me. I love running in the dark/cold/rain. It's my happy place! I know I'm the opposite to most but this is when I see my improvements in running, not in the Summer like most.

• Heart
This is my favourite time of year to run. I really struggle just functioning anyway in Summer, I get hot so easily so running in the heat is absolutely awful for me. I love running in the dark/cold/rain. It's my happy place! I know I'm the opposite to most but this is when I see my improvements in running, not in the Summer like most.
I wasn't expecting to, but I really like it now too. I hate it when I first step out and my legs are freezing cold I prefer running in shorts, but once I get going I really prefer it. Just need something to keep my ears warm, else I get earache and go dizzy 🙄

Well this morning I went for another run, my boyfriend said he wanted to come with me to which I internally groaned at. He hardly ever runs, he’s into weight lifting, but every time he does run he’s instantly better than me, like in the past he’s last minute decided he wanted to run a 10K race with me I’ve trained for months, he won’t train at all and just turn up on the day and do it in 45 mins, it’s really annoying 🤣

Anyway I said whatever you can come but I’m just going to do my own thing. I passed the 3.25km like yesterday and I’d told myself I could stop just a little further than there, he was still keeping to my pace at this point but then ended up a good 150m in front of me. I was just like GRRRRR and kept running then and ran the full 5K 😂 did it in 33 min 30 seconds. He probably did it in about 31. So I’m really glad he came with me or I wouldn’t have pushed on. Still hate him though 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well this morning I went for another run, my boyfriend said he wanted to come with me to which I internally groaned at. He hardly ever runs, he’s into weight lifting, but every time he does run he’s instantly better than me, like in the past he’s last minute decided he wanted to run a 10K race with me I’ve trained for months, he won’t train at all and just turn up on the day and do it in 45 mins, it’s really annoying 🤣

Anyway I said whatever you can come but I’m just going to do my own thing. I passed the 3.25km like yesterday and I’d told myself I could stop just a little further than there, he was still keeping to my pace at this point but then ended up a good 150m in front of me. I was just like GRRRRR and kept running then and ran the full 5K 😂 did it in 33 min 30 seconds. He probably did it in about 31. So I’m really glad he came with me or I wouldn’t have pushed on. Still hate him though 😂😂
That's amazing, congratulations!

Also I just wrote my first run program for someone who isn't me, I am SO excited! :love::love::love:

• Heart
Hello am i alright to join this thread please? I love running and go about four or five times a week

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you!

Ooh that’s really cool! What kind of distance do they want to achieve?
It's actually to pass selection into the army! So 3.2km sub 16min with 8kg of weight and then 16km with no weight. I think he's got the sub 16min down pat based on his times so it's a matter of increasing aerobic capacity to make it feel more comfortable and then general endurance to 16+ km.

If anyone here wants a running program I'd be more than happy to write one BTW. I finished uni a few days ago and I'm bored (but very passionate about running) 😂😂😂

Hello am i alright to join this thread please? I love running and go about four or five times a week
Um yes HELLO and WELCOME ❤👋

It's actually to pass selection into the army! So 3.2km sub 16min with 8kg of weight and then 16km with no weight. I think he's got the sub 16min down pat based on his times so it's a matter of increasing aerobic capacity to make it feel more comfortable and then general endurance to 16+ km.

If anyone here wants a running program I'd be more than happy to write one BTW. I finished uni a few days ago and I'm bored (but very passionate about running) 😂😂😂

Um yes HELLO and WELCOME ❤👋
Wow that’s amazing! Good luck to him ❤ Im hoping if I get back to where I was a couple of years ago with my running I might be able to shift the 8kg+ extra weight I’m carrying from lockdown 😂🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Soo gutted I completed couch to 5k during first lockdown and then stopped when I went back to work. I’ve tried a few times to get back into it and Jesus Christ, I have no idea how I ever did it before at all😩😡 so gutted as it was so good for my mental health tried today back to week 5 and literally couldn’t even dunk for 3 mins well I did but it killed me and I quit 😡 maybe running just is not for me 🤦🏻‍♀️

Soo gutted I completed couch to 5k during first lockdown and then stopped when I went back to work. I’ve tried a few times to get back into it and Jesus Christ, I have no idea how I ever did it before at all😩😡 so gutted as it was so good for my mental health tried today back to week 5 and literally couldn’t even dunk for 3 mins well I did but it killed me and I quit 😡 maybe running just is not for me 🤦🏻‍♀️
Your doing great, you took the hardest step and got yourself out there, just keep trying and in a few weeks you will thank yourself for perseveringly and trying ever run

Your doing great, you took the hardest step and got yourself out there, just keep trying and in a few weeks you will thank yourself for perseveringly and trying ever run
Thank you🥰 need to get my mojo back I will keep trying 😘xx

Reactions: 1
I’ve been so unmotivated since my last post so I’m just writing this to hold accountability for myself to go on a run this morning!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m struggling to get my stamina back - I know it’s all in my head, but I did two weeks of SI, prior to that I was back running (plodding) comfortably for 30 mins...now I’m back to ten 🙁 so I’m trying to run for as long as possible and then do intervals to give myself a walk break.

Reactions: 4
My legs aren’t bad at all but can feel the 8k I ran the last 2 days so a walk it is today instead for exercise. Had very little sleep last night worrying about a family member who isn’t well ☹ Going to go for a walk along the coast and hope that will make me sleep better tonight, and that I’ll be fresh to go out for a run again tomorrow morning. Also I think some new reflective running gear I ordered is coming today so that should spur me on 😁

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.