The Running Thread šŸƒā€ā™€ļø

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I run best about an hour after eating breakfast. I've tried running before breakfast and I felt dizzy. I've tried running after work and i'm too tired. This limits me to running weekends :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
I did 8k on the treadmill first thing this morning (can't run outside anymore due to health issues ā˜¹) . I haven't run that far in ages. Was only going to do 5 but felt good so kept going.

I was beating myself up because I'm so slow but decided slow and long is better than nothing!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The other year I lost weight and started running. I start work at 730 at home so was getting up at 5 30 to do c25k. It was the summer so lighter mornings which helped.
It was great as it really set me up for the day and I ate really good as I didn't want to undo what i got up early for....only downside was I finished work at 6pm and was falling asleep at 630šŸ¤£

Reactions: 2
Inspired by this thread, I restarted couch 2 5k tonight... for about the fourth time. But I did it nonetheless! Here's hoping I manage to finish it this time!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Useless at it but restarted again.

Week 2, day 1

1.49 miles @ 14.10 pace :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
Did week 4 day 1 on treadmill today - was awful, could barely do it. Finding it really hard this time round, itā€™s like my body doesnā€™t want to run. No way I couldā€™ve done week 4 outside and Iā€™ve done the first 3 weeks outside :/

Useless at it but restarted again.

Week 2, day 1

1.49 miles @ 14.10 pace :rolleyes:
Well done! Remember even a little is better than nothing

Did week 4 day 1 on treadmill today - was awful, could barely do it. Finding it really hard this time round, itā€™s like my body doesnā€™t want to run. No way I couldā€™ve done week 4 outside and Iā€™ve done the first 3 weeks outside :/
I use to run at the gym and I wouldn't go back to it. There's something about running outside that I love. I don't listen to music, I love heating the birds

I use to run at the gym and I wouldn't go back to it. There's something about running outside that I love. I don't listen to music, I love heating the birds
I prefer outside too, but Iā€™m finding it really hard. Thereā€™s no way I couldā€™ve done the 5 minutes outside, I only just managed it on a slower speed indoors šŸ™

I used to be big into running until earlier this year. Between lockdown/restrictions and pregnancy complications I had to stop. I'm 14 weeks post partum, I have the all clear from my GP to start back but I'm finding it so hard. My core is so weak and my legs are like lead. Has anyone else here been in my situation? How did you get back into it?
Iā€™m 5 months PP from my 2nd c section, my best advice is take it slow. Just start of with walking & add in small bits of running. I also found focusing on doing some leg exercises at the gym has helped as my inner thighs are very weak from baby. Plenty of these you can do at home too. I managed 2.3k non stop today so you will get there

Congrats at getting back into it and for you bub! A stitch could be caused by a couple of things:
- are you eating before you run? If so, what, how much and how close to your run?
- are you overexerting yourself on runs? Try to keep to a pace where you could have a conversation easily. This may feel slower than walking atm but it'll help you get fitter faster and prevent injury (and stitches!)

In terms of getting rid of a stitch I normally start walking and clasp my hands behind my head. Basically that position really opens up your lungs so they can take in more oxygen and then get it to the muscles that are hurting.
Thanx for your advice I managed to get to 2.3k today with out stopping (16mins). An extra 1k after 2 days rest so was very surprised. Took on all the advice I had read from this thread, I think my new runners & headphones helped too

Last edited:
  • Heart
I know this is more of advice thread but does anyone follow any running influencers on insta? I used to like ProjectMarathonGirl but she got on my nerve during her pregnancy and now shes had her child its like she is the only woman to ever have a baby! I dont mind Kellogs_ontherun but i am curious how her and Welshrunner manage to maintain their lifestyle and 4 kids on influencer income when they don't have massive audiences.

I know this is more of advice thread but does anyone follow any running influencers on insta? I used to like ProjectMarathonGirl but she got on my nerve during her pregnancy and now shes had her child its like she is the only woman to ever have a baby! I dont mind Kellogs_ontherun but i am curious how her and Welshrunner manage to maintain their lifestyle and 4 kids on influencer income when they don't have massive audiences.
I like Emma Abrahamson, TheLongWeighDownWithJess, Lucy Bartholomew

Signed up for the virtual 10K in January! First day of the training plan started yesterday, we'll see if I can keep the motivation up for the next 8 weeks ā˜ŗ

Reactions: 2
Was wondering if someone should make a thread on running influencers! I also feel the same about PMG, she is such a great runner and has built her following off it, it must be v hard to continue that whilst having a newborn. I do find the baby stuff quite dull but I guess itā€™s helpful to some people.

I used to follow the Runner Beans, I like her in the sense that sheā€™s very honest but I also find the constant ADs, constant flying (her husband is a ba pilot so kinda fair enough but I swear she used to fly to the states literally for one race and come home?? And travel ALL the time pre covid) and chat about BQs quite annoying so I had to unfollow. I also remember once she posted an aff link or discount about sports bras for some brand and then in the same post/story replying to one of her followers really snarkily that she never wears that brand of bras - wtf?

I really like twicethehealth, tinaemelie (kilian jornetā€™s gf - tbf she is an amazing runner in her own right), rushbynature, lydiaod - also some random lesser known American pro runners which makes me wish I lived In Colorado or somewhere other than the rainy north of England (sigh)

I used to like The Runner Beans too but got annoyed when she made that transition from runner with an Instagram and blog to constant flogger. I quite like thisgirlcanrunfar (Jemma) she very much "keeps it real" and only posts ads if it's something she really likes. I actually have a lot of friends who are runners (from parkrun mainly) and I find their posts are the most inspirational for me because I actually know them and they're not trying to sell me something :rolleyes: They're also great for showing local routes which I didn't know about. I have a couple of running friends who have really large followings but I'm a bit scared to name them because their personal friends

I am soooo excited. I have been on 3 weeks rest due to a suspected stress fracture but physio has said I can now start incorporating power walking and hill climbing into my routine and then hopefully I can get back into running. I started swimming and have also bought a bike and Iā€™m going to do a combo!

Slightly off topic kinda but have any of you competed in a small triathlon?? Can you recommend any good ones around the country as thatā€™s my goal for next year!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.