The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Par for the course with h & m, but at best looks sloppy and at worst greedy on Kate and William’s part
Not sure how it makes Wills and Kate look greedy when they were giving funds from their charity to Sussex Royal?

It has been reported elsewhere that the Royal Foundation funds were split when H&M set up Sussex Royal. It is SR that subsequently gave funds to Travelyst, so W&K not involved in any way.

Reactions: 3
Not sure how it makes Wills and Kate look greedy when they were giving funds from their charity to Sussex Royal?

It has been reported elsewhere that the Royal Foundation funds were split when H&M set up Sussex Royal. It is SR that subsequently gave funds to Travelyst, so W&K not involved in any way.
“'The Royal Foundation gave a grant of £145,000 to Sussex Royal and £144,901 to a noncharitable organisation (Travalyst). In both instances it appears the only rationale for the decision was the personal relationship between two patrons, the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge.”

Both charities have been reported to the Charity Commission, so rather than state they were not involved in any way, let’s wait for the official report before making that claim.

I know people like to think of Kate and William as saints, but really they’re fallible just like the rest of the human race. Yes, I do think they’re greedy if it turns out K & W agreed to give money to harry. If they wanted to help his family out, they should have used their own funds not monies donated to a charity

Reactions: 4
I actually have some Princess Di tea.

A friend of mine is ex-military and was at an event where Princess Di was before she was involved with Charles. She had a bit of a thing for military blokes, particularly those who guard Buckingham Palace

Him and another friend caught her having sex with a soldier in another regiment. When she was involved with Charles, she had to give the names of her ex-boyfriends to confirm that she was still a virgin. Obviously not as my mate saw her bent over a bale of hay!

His mate was hushed up by the palace but he still apprently says that he shagged the future Queen

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
“'The Royal Foundation gave a grant of £145,000 to Sussex Royal and £144,901 to a noncharitable organisation (Travalyst). In both instances it appears the only rationale for the decision was the personal relationship between two patrons, the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge.”

Both charities have been reported to the Charity Commission, so rather than state they were not involved in any way, let’s wait for the official report before making that claim.

I know people like to think of Kate and William as saints, but really they’re fallible just like the rest of the human race. Yes, I do think they’re greedy if it turns out K & W agreed to give money to harry. If they wanted to help his family out, they should have used their own funds not monies donated to a charity
Hmmm, so before we state that they look greedy, or should’ve used their own monies, or whatever, let’s wait for the outcome of the Charity Commission’s investigation, shall we...?

Reactions: 6
Hmmm, so before we state that they look greedy, or should’ve used their own monies, or whatever, let’s wait for the outcome of the Charity Commission’s investigation, shall we...?
That’s right, I caveated with “if” and how it looks. Not stated as fact, fwiw

Reactions: 1

A friend of mine is ex-military and was at an event where Princess Di was before she was involved with Charles. She had a bit of a thing for military blokes, particularly those who guard Buckingham Palace

Him and another friend caught her having sex with a soldier in another regiment. When she was involved with Charles, she had to give the names of her ex-boyfriends to confirm that she was still a virgin. Obviously not as my mate saw her bent over a bale of hay!

His mate was hushed up by the palace but he still apprently says that he shagged the future Queen
Superb! 😂

• Haha

They checked her ex boyfriends, but not every random soldier :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, what a horrible double standard

Just have to say how amazed I am by Prince Philip. I hope I am as mobile and upright as he is at 99 !
Enjoyed seeing him today handing over to Camilla ( although I do NOT agree with the choice of her as his successor ) and he seemed to enjoy being on an official duty again,bless him.

Just have to say how amazed I am by Prince Philip. I hope I am as mobile and upright as he is at 99 !
Unless you have never done a proper day’s work in your life, like dear old Phil, you might struggle. He’s never had to clean a loo, or worry about money, or work long hours, or do a physical job like many men his age had to, or lose sleep caring for a baby or a family member, or deal with any proper stress, or live in a poorly-heated house, or live on cheap food because his benefits have been sanctioned, has he? Plus, you can bet he jumps the queue for any kind of medical treatments. Who wouldn’t live to 99 (or beyond, as demonstrated by the queen mother) with that kind of pampering?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Unless you have never done a proper day’s work in your life, like dear old Phil, you might struggle. He’s never had to clean a loo, or worry about money, or work long hours, or do a physical job like many men his age had to, or lose sleep caring for a baby or a family member, or deal with any proper stress, or live in a poorly-heated house, or live on cheap food because his benefits have been sanctioned, has he? Plus, you can bet he jumps the queue for any kind of medical treatments. Who wouldn’t live to 99 (or beyond, as demonstrated by the queen mother) with that kind of pampering?
100% this 👆🏼👏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry I have to say it but that dress was a bad choice, it looks far too childish and does nothing for her.

Going to get so much hate for this but while I love the sentiment behind the day to me the queen looked breath taking in the dress while Bea just somehow doesn't and I think it's the addition of the puff sleeves and the length being neither hear or there (shes obviously taller than her gran so can't be helped) but to my eye I think it was a perfect dress before and the tiara needed to be sat on an elegant hair style ....don't lynch me guys.
I also think the dress was a bad choice. For someone who is normally slated for her bad choice in clothes she really should have hired someone to help and advise her

Reactions: 1
To be fair I think the Navy sometimes makes you work quite long days and wealth doesn’t insulate you from stress or worry about loved ones...

For the rest, fair comment.

Reactions: 5
To be fair I think the Navy sometimes makes you work quite long days and wealth doesn’t insulate you from stress or worry about loved ones...

He left the Navy 60 years ago though when he was young and fit. Most ex military then have to get other jobs. I agree for all of them it's very easy to live a long life if you live like that. The ones recently who didnt live to a ripe old age were George vi who was a heavy smoker and Princess Margaret who was a smoker and an alcoholic ( and a coke fiend apparently)

Reactions: 7
I totally agree with your comments. 👍

Reactions: 2
It’s interesting when you look at today’s Royals and see how they resemble royals of years gone by. For example Princess Beatrice looks so much like a young Queen Victoria. Seriously google if you don’t believe me. Eugenie looks like one of the daughters of the last Tsar of Russia( the Russian royal family were very closely related to our royal family, and they used Prince Phillips DNA to help identify their bodies)

Some people say Prince George looks like the abdicated Edward V11 as a young child, but I don’t see it myself. Princess Charlotte always looked like the Queen and Queen Mother but she’s starting to look more like William as she gets older.
It's probably because all Queen Victoria's grand children and great grandchildren married each other. Liz and Phil are both descendants of Queen Vic. Added to that all the aristocratic bed hopping and who knows how many cousins have married each other! its genetically an extremely shallow pool (Explains the dumbness too)

Reactions: 11

There is no question that normal recruits to the Royal Navy have to work hard. I don’t believe that Philip, or Prince Andrew, would ever have had to work anywhere near as hard as their fellow recruits. They wouldn’t have been given the worst jobs, or the worst shifts.

Re the stress and worry about loved ones: everyone worries about loved ones, it’s part of being human, but I imagine that one worries much less when secure in the knowledge that one’s family members will never lack funds, that one’s children and grandchildren will never struggle to secure a decent job (look at the highly paid roles that have been handed to Beatrice and Eugenie, and Peter and Zara Philips, and try not to laugh) and that the loved ones will always have a palace or stately home to live in after leaving their expensive private schools! Not many 99 year old men can say that. Those that are still alive would likely have been straight down the pit, or into the mill, or the docks, or a factory, aged 15.

Reactions: 7
Well, he became a stateless refugee as a toddler, living on the charity of relatives as they had no cash, mother in a psychiatric hospital and father off living the high life with mistresses, living with different relatives every school holiday. He would have scrubbed plenty things at Salem and Gordonstoun and as a naval cadet, living without heating, and, then as a young officer went through the thick of WW2 at sea and being Mentioned in Dispatches. His mother spent WW2 in occupied Greece (and hiding a Jewish family, hence her status as Righteous Amongst The Nations) so they would have had little contact, each worrying about the other; she only agreed to leave Greece in the early 1960s when he was worried about her during the military coup. His older sisters all married quickly to get out of depending on family charity. They all married German princelings so were on the opposite side during the war, again with little contact between him and his siblings. The sister closest in age to him died with all her family in a horrific plane crash just before the war and that's why there are pictures of him aged 16 in a procession with German Army and Nazi officers; it was the funeral of his sister, German brother-in-law, and three nephews, including the child that Cecilie gave birth to during the crash. That all sounds pretty stressful. His mother had to break up some of her inherited jewellery to give Elizabeth a decent engagement ring fit for a future queen as all he had was his navy pay and couldn't afford that.

Since then, it's been very, very different but I would suspect that his childhood spent being paid for by relations and with his beloved mother locked away had some effect on his personality as well as the stress of his first 25 years or so.

ETA: my father was a couple of years older than Philip and chose the Merchant rather than Royal Navy as the Navy officers pay at the time was calculated on the basis of having a private income. Philip may have had the background and relatives but he wouldn't have had much money, and that was why GVI and QEQM disapproved of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Well, he became a stateless refugee as a toddler, living on the charity of relatives as they had no cash, mother in a psychiatric hospital and father off living the high life with mistresses, living with different relatives every school holiday. He would have scrubbed plenty things at Salem and Gordonstoun and as a naval cadet, living without heating, and, then as a young officer went through the thick of WW2 at sea and being Mentioned in Dispatches. His mother spent WW2 in occupied Greece (and hiding a Jewish family, hence her status as Righteous Amongst The Nations) so they would have had little contact, each worrying about the other; she only agreed to leave Greece in the early 1960s when he was worried about her during the military coup. His older sisters all married quickly to get out of depending on family charity. They all married German princelings so were on the opposite side during the war, again with little contact between him and his siblings. The sister closest in age to him died with all her family in a horrific plane crash just before the war and that's why there are pictures of him aged 16 in a procession with German Army and Nazi officers; it was the funeral of his sister, German brother-in-law, and three nephews, including the child that Cecilie gave birth to during the crash. That all sounds pretty stressful. His mother had to break up some of her inherited jewellery to give Elizabeth a decent engagement ring fit for a future queen as all he had was his navy pay and couldn't afford that.

Since then, it's been very, very different but I would suspect that his childhood spent being paid for by relations and with his beloved mother locked away had some effect on his personality as well as the stress of his first 25 years or so.

ETA: my father was a couple of years older than Philip and chose the Merchant rather than Royal Navy as the Navy officers pay at the time was calculated on the basis of having a private income. Philip may have had the background and relatives but he wouldn't have had much money, and that was why GVI and QEQM disapproved of him.
He has had tragedy in his life but it was all before he fell on his feet marrying Elizabeth, who he cant even be bothered being faithful to. Most men of his generation would have fought in wwii while being worried that they or their families would not survive it. Most people deal with death of the people they love. Phil did not have and additional worries on top. It's the work that ages you. Day after day. Not the once in a while tragedies that befall all of us. It's no coincidence they live a long life and its insulting to people who do actual jobs to say hes some sort of example to the rest of us. Good on him for being 99. He didnt have to do anything to get there. Just live a life of unbridled luxury.

Reactions: 14
I never said that he didn't have a life of luxury after he married QE. I was responding to the inaccuracy that he'd never had hard work or stress in his life. Before and after his marriage, his life was very different. Their marriage also started having problems after he had to give up his career and take second place at all times, including his children not carrying his surname, when a father's name was standard at the time for legitimate children. While he may have had physical comfort, such things as being forced out of a career you love have been shown to be psychologically damaging to many people. In addition, it has long been rumoured that Andrew is not his child.

While I don't deny that he has lived in luxury for nigh on 75 years, it is denying history to say that he has never known anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.