The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread is AMAZING. I hate the royals (apart from Anne) but find them fascinating.

I don't believe Randy Andy is HIV + though, sorry.

A friend of a friend used to work as Edward's PA at their massive palace in Bagshot. He is, by all accounts, a completely pussy whipped dweeb who can't even run his own baths or find his own socks.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I fully agree with that. I do think Harry was frustrated and there's quite some truth there that he was already fed up before Meg came along. But the way things went as she came into his life, I think a lot of blame lies at her feet, still. There's a lot of revisionism and let's not forget this is Omid's book, someone Meg has (allegedly...) always worked with, so undoubtedly I think this is in the same way a co-operation as Diana and Morton were. So not all can be believed (Diana exaggerated and told outright porkies to Morton, too, like thrwoing herself down the stairs when actually she stumbled on the last two or so steps and didn't fall).
Meg's bad behaviour, frequent staff changes, diva demands; and this being angry about "being placed behind Charles & Cam and Will & Kate" can only be 85% Meg, who's never experienced anything like this and didn't like this strict hierarchy and 15% Harry, who for sure became frustrated, but ultimately knew no different all his life and knew how to live with it and deal with it.

The H&M thread moves way too fast to keep up, any bit said I feel like is screaming into a black hole as it gets pushed down quickly by new posts and I can't say anything positive at all without being attacked (or say anything negative about the Cambs without being attacked either), so I've been on their threads rather rarely and infrequently. I don't mind talking about them a bit here, unless talk about them overshadows literally all else, which would make it moot and their own thread a better place...

Makes me still laugh when I agreed with the negative bits about Meg and offered my (negative) opinions and thoughts and all was well and literally next post I said something positive and was accused of being a Meghan fan and then a discussion broke out amongst the main contributors of that thread how Meg fans regularly try to defend her and are pathetic and it's no place for Meg fans ("go to the rave section!") and the-like.... :rolleyes: 🤦‍♀️

I always say, you can like someone and still criticize them or dislike someone and still praise them for something well done or a nice outfit...

It's also really odd that Dara has her office in Edo's building, I'd hate that if I were Bea. There's no reason for that at all (unless it's temporary for whatever reason). I think I'd throw a right hissy-fit if I were in Bea's shoes.
I have been on the H&M thread. Didn’t like it, when I asked a question I was sniped at and told to start reading from the first thread. I was also warned if I liked them then it wasn’t the place for me!!
I love the royal family, as in it all fascinates me, Queen Victoria marrying off her children and grandchildren to other royals. I would love to just sit with a family tree starting at Victoria and try working it all out.

Reactions: 8
I always say, you can like someone and still criticize them or dislike someone and still praise them ...
This. I'm the same way. I've stopped commenting on anything Cambridge (anywhere on the internet) because the groveling is unreal. People treat them like one dimensional faultless is characters, rather than real people. We are all complex, and all have faults, it doesn't take away any of our good character. I don't dislike the Cambridges but I hate the "Kate would never do that" comments like any of them know what Kate would and wouldn't do.

Why is it most people either have to see someone as a hero or villain with no inbetween? I don't get it. I can find a redeeming quality in an enemy and a negative quality in a friend. It doesn't mean I respect my enemy or hate my friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If an everyday man was as offensive as Prince Phillip over the years he would have ended up in hospital. How he got away with that last driving accident is beyond me. That woman who's arm was broken in the accident got a right kicking in the media and it wasnt even slightly her fault what happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Didn't a blind gossip site have something about Bea's husband recently? That he was still sleeping with his ex? I know not all of their stuff is true but does make you wonder.

Reactions: 3
I have been on the H&M thread. Didn’t like it, when I asked a question I was sniped at and told to start reading from the first thread. I was also warned if I liked them then it wasn’t the place for me!!
I love the royal family, as in it all fascinates me, Queen Victoria marrying off her children and grandchildren to other royals. I would love to just sit with a family tree starting at Victoria and try working it all out.
My son is obsessed with history in general.but he has a strange in depth memory of all the monarchs going back to William The Conqueror. I must admit, many a happy hour has been spent on history home schooling discussing the monarchy. They are fascinating in a historical sense but logically I dont think they are good for society. I don't think they have a place any more but I still love the gossip and the stories. However we shouldnt be keeping a family as effectively pets.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Following on from the discussion about Prince Phillip at 99, I'd like to chuck this into the mix.

I work in a centre for older people. The old manager was a bit Rule Britannia - God Save the Queen type.

When the old Queen Mum died, the chairs were arranged around the tv so all the old people could watch the funeral.

As staff, we all assumed the old Queen Mum would be loved by the older people - you know - didn't leave London during the war - looked the east end in the eye and all that.

How wrong we were!!! Some of the comments were - never done a days work in her life - we'd all live to her age if we'd never had any worries - we've paid for her for years - she was only interested in her whisky and horse racing - why are we watching this 💩💩💩 - I'll watch it to make sure she's deid!!!

The manager was nearly in tears at the majesty of it all - particularly all the soldiers on parade!!! But she was the only one!!!

From our client group it seems that the Queen is well respected. The rest not so much!!! I think they might have a bit of an issue when she dies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Following on from the discussion about Prince Phillip at 99, I'd like to chuck this into the mix.

I work in a centre for older people. The old manager was a bit Rule Britannia - God Save the Queen type.

When the old Queen Mum died, the chairs were arranged around the tv so all the old people could watch the funeral.

As staff, we all assumed the old Queen Mum would be loved by the older people - you know - didn't leave London during the war - looked the east end in the eye and all that.

How wrong we were!!! Some of the comments were - never done a days work in her life - we'd all live to her age if we'd never had any worries - we've paid for her for years - she was only interested in her whisky and horse racing - why are we watching this 💩💩💩 - I'll watch it to make sure she's deid!!!

The manager was nearly in tears at the majesty of it all - particularly all the soldiers on parade!!! But she was the only one!!!

From our client group it seems that the Queen is well respected. The rest not so much!!! I think they might have a bit of an issue when she dies.
She was booed apparently when she went into the West End during the war. Rations didnt apply to places like the Savoy so the aristos, royalty, churchill etc were still living the high life while everyone else was trying to eke out a lb of butter between 6 people for the week and making bread out wheat germ! It's all newspaper puff pieces and propaganda even from then. I agree that when the Queen dies they will have a major problem justifying their existence.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

When the East End was bombed and the people who lived there went from having very little to having nothing at all, the Queen Mother turned up to see the bombing sites in her furs, how insensitive was that?? I believe she was booed by a lot of people and quite right too.

When the East End was bombed and the people who lived there went from having very little to having nothing at all, the Queen Mother turned up to see the bombing sites in her furs, how insensitive was that?? I believe she was booed by a lot of people and quite right too.
Yes, all that bollix about “Now I can look the east end in the face” was just that: bollocks.

My grandparents and their friends (in the north west) had a very similar view of the queen mother and had some very cruel nicknames for her.

i agree that they will be in trouble when queenie dies, although she will probably live to be 117. They aren’t being helped by Prince Andrew! No wonder they keep shoving wedding photos and cute kid photos at us. Look at this shiny thing and don’t ask about Epstein!

Really interesting to hear @Glaschelle’s first hand account.

Reactions: 10
This. I'm the same way. I've stopped commenting on anything Cambridge (anywhere on the internet) because the groveling is unreal. People treat them like one dimensional faultless is characters, rather than real people. We are all complex, and all have faults, it doesn't take away any of our good character. I don't dislike the Cambridges but I hate the "Kate would never do that" comments like any of them know what Kate would and wouldn't do.

Why is it most people either have to see someone as a hero or villain with no inbetween? I don't get it. I can find a redeeming quality in an enemy and a negative quality in a friend. It doesn't mean I respect my enemy or hate my friend.
Ive been reading the serialization of 'finding freedom' the harry and Meghan book. If some of the stuff said about Wills and Kate is true, then they will never represent me, or my mixed race children. The difference between H&m and W&k is that H&M are irrelevant. They are minor Royals who dont have any constitutional relevance. The state is telling us that William will be our head of state whether we like it or not, followed by George, whether we like it or not, and no matter who he turns out to be as an adult. He sounds snobby and superior, as does Kate. Not just about Meghans race but because of her class, job and background. Both of them are bringing up the future Head of State that, again, we will be told to like it or lump it. Luckily they dont have any real.power.

Reactions: 8
I remember reading that when William worked for the Air Ambulance colleagues were not struck on him at all. They said he was arrogant and didn't pull his weight. He often failed to turn up and they didn't know if he was working or not but nothing was done about it because of who he was. Obviously in a job like that you need to be reliable.

Ive been reading the serialization of 'finding freedom' the harry and Meghan book. If some of the stuff said about Wills and Kate is true, then they will never represent me, or my mixed race children. The difference between H&m and W&k is that H&M are irrelevant. They are minor Royals who dont have any constitutional relevance. The state is telling us that William will be our head of state whether we like it or not, followed by George, whether we like it or not, and no matter who he turns out to be as an adult. He sounds snobby and superior, as does Kate. Not just about Meghans race but because of her class, job and background. Both of them are bringing up the future Head of State that, again, we will be told to like it or lump it. Luckily they dont have any real.power.
Well, Kate was just an average run of the mill person before she attached herself to William.I remember reading that the RF used to take the piss out of her family saying they were common etc and used to say "toilet". Apparently the RF say lavatory.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
But bear in mind that the authors of ‘Finding Freebies’ are very pro-Meghan, so hardly disinterested, and I doubt that the book presents the unalloyed, impartial truth.

Reactions: 16
It seems pretty clear to me that the only value in the RF today is what they can do for charities and causes. It's why Anne is such a good royal - because her focus is and has always been her work, and she doesn't make an exepection of herself/avoids publicity. Andrew on the other hand...

I think Meghan and Harry didn't realise that they couldn't be stars. Only the top tier get to be stars. Harry was once, but not now he has three children knocking him down the line of succession. In my mind it is clear they completely bungled things - if I were them I would have moved towards happily living off Charles' money in the background, doing my bit for causes I cared about, and avoiding the spotlight. But they pushed for autonomy and more control, didn't adhere to the 'never complain, never explain' rule, and ended up with a combatitive media focussed on them.

The Finding Freedom book is written by a journalist who has always been pro-Meghan, so grain of salt and all that. I'd say the same if it was written by a journalist who loved Kate too. All these books on royals that aren't referenced or authorised biographies require rather big grains of salt in my mind! Feels often like royal fan-fiction...

I remember reading that when William worked for the Air Ambulance colleagues were not struck on him at all. They said he was arrogant and didn't pull his weight. He often failed to turn up and they didn't know if he was working or not but nothing was done about it because of who he was. Obviously in a job like that you need to be reliable.

Well, Kate was just an average run of the mill person before she attached herself to William.I remember reading that the RF used to take the piss out of her family saying they were common etc and used to say "toilet". Apparently the RF say lavatory.
I was really slated on here for saying that Kate was lazy and didn't pull her weight when she was a buyer in Jigsaw and that she left to "work" in her parents's party supplies company. I really got it in the neck.....

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I was really slated on here for saying that Kate was lazy and didn't pull her weight when she was a buyer in Jigsaw and that she left to "work" in her parents's party supplies company. I really got it in the neck.....
It must have been her family or friends sticking up for her. Did you used to work with her?

Reactions: 2
It seems pretty clear to me that the only value in the RF today is what they can do for charities and causes. It's why Anne is such a good royal - because her focus is and has always been her work, and she doesn't make an exepection of herself/avoids publicity. Andrew on the other hand...

I think Meghan and Harry didn't realise that they couldn't be stars. Only the top tier get to be stars. Harry was once, but not now he has three children knocking him down the line of succession. In my mind it is clear they completely bungled things - if I were them I would have moved towards happily living off Charles' money in the background, doing my bit for causes I cared about, and avoiding the spotlight. But they pushed for autonomy and more control, didn't adhere to the 'never complain, never explain' rule, and ended up with a combatitive media focussed on them.

The Finding Freedom book is written by a journalist who has always been pro-Meghan, so grain of salt and all that. I'd say the same if it was written by a journalist who loved Kate too. All these books on royals that aren't referenced or authorised biographies require rather big grains of salt in my mind! Feels often like royal fan-fiction...
There was a survey recently that found that having a Royal patronage did nothing to increase the money received by charities. There are celebs that do the same thing ( and manage to have a job) and are more well known and respected than most of the Royals. I do agree with you now about the biography. I was really annoyed when I read it but yes, they should be taken with a pinch of salt. I also agree that m & H should have stuck it out and done their charity work and kept a low profile. They would have been able to disappear far less acrimoniously when Charles was king. The whole competition between the houses as to who's stuff gets into the press first ( which does happen) just smacks of infighting between the family as to who is going to get the most attention. It's not a matter of service to the public, it is, as it always has been a desparate need to keep themselves on the Throne and keep the trappings of Royalty for themselves and their descendents for as long as they possibly can.

Reactions: 6
Just throwing this out there, v random. And probably because I've read the H&M thread and what's said about the new book etc. But. Has anyone ever wondered about William or Harry's sexuality? Unimportant I know but I did wonder about W in particular. Is the 'perfect wife, kids' etc scenario too perfect? And yes even the Rose rumours, big into football, pints with the lads, handy to deflect attention? Wondered too was all the vitriol directed at H&M hiding something else we'll never know about? A fake marriage? Two fake marriages? As I say just a random query on a Sunday!

Just throwing this out there, v random. And probably because I've read the H&M thread and what's said about the new book etc. But. Has anyone ever wondered about William or Harry's sexuality? Unimportant I know but I did wonder about W in particular. Is the 'perfect wife, kids' etc scenario too perfect? And yes even the Rose rumours, big into football, pints with the lads, handy to deflect attention? Wondered too was all the vitriol directed at H&M hiding something else we'll never know about? A fake marriage? Two fake marriages? As I say just a random query on a Sunday!
I don't think there have been any gay rumours about him, but as heir If think even if he were gay he would never be able to do anything about it. There must be gay members of the RF. I think a lot of the 'perfect family' scenario is the press. They want access to the children because they sell papers and will do anything/ suppress anything to get it.

No because they are obviously straight. Edward is gay though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.