The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to get so much hate for this but while I love the sentiment behind the day to me the queen looked breath taking in the dress while Bea just somehow doesn't and I think it's the addition of the puff sleeves and the length being neither hear or there (shes obviously taller than her gran so can't be helped) but to my eye I think it was a perfect dress before and the tiara needed to be sat on an elegant hair style ....don't lynch me guys.

Reactions: 9
https://whatkatewore.com/2020/07/18...wedding-sir-toms-special-ceremony/#more-66990 This has a few pictures of the Queen in the dress from the State Opening of Parliament in '66. Originally no puff sleeves
Looks great, especially the details at the waist that go down the dress 😍

I wonder if she was always planning on loaning a dress from the queen though? It seems unfair that Eugenie got the bells and whistles treatment and Beatrice has been quite a compromise.

Reactions: 7
Going to get so much hate for this but while I love the sentiment behind the day to me the queen looked breath taking in the dress while Bea just somehow doesn't and I think it's the addition of the puff sleeves and the length being neither hear or there (shes obviously taller than her gran so can't be helped) but to my eye I think it was a perfect dress before and the tiara needed to be sat on an elegant hair style ....don't lynch me guys.
They have already added a band to the bottom for the length so could have added a bit more, I agree. Also I think she chose the puff sleeves as she couldn't go bare shouldered in church. I quite like the puff sleeves but dont like the band. I noticed the skirt wasnt as puffed as when HM wore it and didnt notice why until it was pointed out. However I still think it was beautiful and vintage.

Reactions: 6
I certainly won’t lynch you because I agree with everything you’ve posted.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I hope Bea didn’t compromise. I hope she decided she wanted to be married more than just have a “royal wedding”. She gets the short straw all the time, unkind comments on her looks etc. I loved the details of the wedding, love the joy on the Queens face. Maybe part of the swift date was to ensure her grandparents would both be there. Prince Philip is suffering with pancreatic cancer.
Really pretty wedding. The photos are all gorgeous.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I hope Bea didn’t compromise. I hope she decided she wanted to be married more than just have a “royal wedding”. She gets the short straw all the time, unkind comments on her looks etc. I loved the details of the wedding, love the joy on the Queens face. Maybe part of the swift date was to ensure her grandparents would both be there. Prince Philip is suffering with pancreatic cancer.
I’ve seen this said several times on this forum, but can’t find any reliable sources that confirm it. Is this purely speculation or is there a source?

I agree that Beatrice’s wedding looks lovely - beautiful church, gorgeous flowers, happy bride and groom.

Reactions: 14
8K what an utter swizz for wedding photos.Anyone with a decent camera could take some nice photos.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
I’ve seen this said several times on this forum, but can’t find any reliable sources that confirm it. Is this purely speculation or is there a source?

I agree that Beatrice’s wedding looks lovely - beautiful church, gorgeous flowers, happy bride and groom.
I am so glad for Bea's sake that both her grandparents were able to attend, Philip is 99 after all,so he has seen all but two grandchildren marry.

Reactions: 11
Is it supposed to be prostate cancer rather than pancreatic cancer? I doubt a 99 year old could survive pancreatic cancer, whereas people often die of old age still suffering from prostate cancer.

Reactions: 14
I don’t like it either! I was quite shocked people thought it was stunning 😂

It was a beautiful dress when the queen wore it though. Hate the new hemline and the puff sleeves were awful!

I don’t think there is any reliable source to it. Lady C massively plays up her inside connections. It’s interesting gossip but I wouldn’t trust her further than I could throw her. The peerage doesn’t like gossips/braggarts and she is probably only present at very low key events and mingles with people far down the line and away from the RF if at all. There are enough Lord and Ladies (nevermind that you can just buy the title) that are completely insignificant, not seen as part of the real in-group. She was married to the Lord- the younger brother, not the heir to the Duke title- for a whole two months (good that she got out though. That guy sounds vile). Hard to believe she ever had much connections. I think she uses her title to make money. Without the big L nobody would give tit. Very much like our „favourite“ Duchess if you think of it.
I find it very hard sometimes to separat the things that can be verified, conclusions based on something that actually happened/ was said and pure assumption without any grounds (still fun stuff, mostly).

Is it supposed to be prostate cancer rather than pancreatic cancer? I doubt a 99 year old could survive pancreatic cancer, whereas people often die of old age still suffering from prostate cancer.
On top of that pancreatic cancer is one of the most aggressive cancers, most people get the diagnosis and are gone soon after. You basically said that, but I just want to re-iterate.

There's no way Phil has pancreatic cancer.

And as Great_Kate writes above, Lady C Campbell isn't a great source and her only credentials are a short marriage and the courtesy title she uses ever since. That's it. She's not "in" with that crowd and what she hears on the grapevine is the same thing the average royal watcher hears, too, i.e. nothing extra, special or exclusive.
She's on the fringes at best, but there have been several reports many years ago when she talked about other Windsors that she is in fact avoided by pretty much everyone and isn't at all connected.
From what I've seen of her book on the two who've left, she has had no exclusive there, either. Basically a summary of everything that's been reported ad nauseum since they got together and married, just worded much better and maybe an addendum here or there by some who talked (namely the Markles, who'll talk to anyone for a quid or two).

I liked Bea's dress, though I doubt that's the one she intended to wear, I think in all likelihood her original dress hasn't been finished due to the lockdown.
I like that it wasn't right down to the floor, the sleeves I like as well, though the straps were even on Liz imo too angled towards the middle and should've been moved outwards. The more pics were released the more gorgeous the dress and everything looked.
The sleeves must've been added due to the rule of "no bare shoulders in church".

My only gripe is her hair (wish she'd had an up-do or at least no parting, the side part doesn't look great with a tiara and a middle part is harsh) and the bracelet/s(?) she wore didn't go well with the dress and occasion, I think no further jewellery or a nicer bracelet would've been better, but maybe the bracelet/s(?) had special meaning, in which case it was a nice touch.

A Sun reporter went rogue and leaked the news as exclusive forcing BP to admit to the wedding, originally Friday and Saturday were meant to be all about Cpt Tom and then the embargo was supposed to be lifted Saturday evening at 10pm in time for the Sunday paper editions (to make a full news splash), hence the "late" social media posts by the family etc, as they kept with the original plan.

Edit: I loved Bea's flowers and I love that they were colourful and not typically white, white flowers on a white dress are too boring and samey, they blend in like camouflage... 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
That would make more sense. I lost my father to pancreatic cancer 16 years ago and each time it is mentioned I get pangs of grief. Fair enough if Philip actually is confirmed as having it, but if it is just unconfirmed conjecture I do wish people would stop repeating it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
n top of that pancreatic cancer is one of the most aggressive cancers, most people get the diagnosis and are gone soon after. You basically said that, but I just want to re-iterate.
Yes my very healthy 55 year old uncle was dead from it within 6 months. I thought it was bad but didnt want to mention it in case he was just unlucky.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I loved Bea's flowers and I love that they were colourful and not typically white, white flowers on a white dress are too boring and samey, they blend in like camouflage... 🤷‍♀️
The flowers were lovely! I agree a touch of colour was much more interesting than typical white royal bouquet.

Reactions: 4
I thought Bea looked beautiful. I’d really like to see photos of her with Eugenie on the day. They look like they have a very close relationship.

Reactions: 8
I thought Bea looked beautiful. I’d really like to see photos of her with Eugenie on the day. They look like they have a very close relationship.
Same! I really really want to see a pic of Bea & Eug from Bea's wedding, but maybe they'll release one such picture at a later date, like a "happy b'day" post or something like that. They often do that (all the Windsors, e.g. Eug also released some pics much later or K&W released some pics only recently..).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.