The Royal Family #47

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Harry had a decent therapist they'd suggest to let it go with all the legal cases. But without all these legal cases in his futile attempt at vengeance what would he fill his days with?

I don't think sending 50 jars of jams to influencers is the best way to kick off a brand in 2024 that doesn't even need the publicity. The monogram mess manages to look even worse on a label.
View attachment 2878358
I’m not some marketing expert, but they’ve spent years trying to be just Harry and just Meghan, wanting to seem more approachable with the people, so now creating luxury jams with 50 exclusive jars doesn’t feel very “one of the people”. I don’t really understand the Netflix show she’s doing either, apparently it’s going to be about the magic of cooking, hosting and something else I can’t remember. If any of you have seen the Mormon TikTok girls going viral that are modern day stepford wives that cook in full glam and designer dresses, that’s what it sounds like, which again doesn’t really match with career woman she’s marketed herself as.

Reactions: 12
I’m not some marketing expert, but they’ve spent years trying to be just Harry and just Meghan, wanting to seem more approachable with the people, so now creating luxury jams with 50 exclusive jars doesn’t feel very “one of the people”. I don’t really understand the Netflix show she’s doing either, apparently it’s going to be about the magic of cooking, hosting and something else I can’t remember. If any of you have seen the Mormon TikTok girls going viral that are modern day stepford wives that cook in full glam and designer dresses, that’s what it sounds like, which again doesn’t really match with career woman she’s marketed herself as.
And gardening.

I think she would like to demonstrate that she is into food and aesthetics, like she did with The Tig.

I think strawberry jam is such a profane product, isn't it really basic and simple? What is luxurious about it - the limited amount of jars?

Reactions: 13
The name "American Riviera Orchard" wrecks my head. Too many localisations that look like they were drawn out of a hat by AI - where tf actually is it? I'd be ok with "Orchard of the American Riviera." Or just drop the copycat "Riviera" and go with Californian or Montecito or even Yankee Sussex ffs.
Agreed, what a mouthful. Hope M isn't planning to go on the Jonathan Ross show to promote this. He might struggle with that brand name.

The label looks like the ones my dad used to stick on his homemade wine in the 80s.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
And gardening.

I think she would like to demonstrate that she is into food and aesthetics, like she did with The Tig.

I think strawberry jam is such a profane product, isn't it really basic and simple? What is luxurious about it - the limited amount of jars?
Strawberry jam is also a very British and North European product. I would expect citrus and grapes and other warm climate fruit from the "American Riviera".

Reactions: 13
She's probably bought a few jars of Tiptree and re labelled them.

Honestly these two are ridiculous. I thought when they left they were still going to serve or some other bollocks and here she is writing crappy children's books and making jam whilst man of the people Harry is making programmes about Polo. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 18
Maybe one of their new Netflix series is going to be Meghan's Californian take on "Clarkson's Farm", complete with the knowledgeable, down‐to-earth farmhand from the deep south, Harry poncing down Hollywood Boulevard in his new Lamborghini tractor, endless run-ins with the local Montecito council about farming practices, and candles named after Harry's farts.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Honestly these two are ridiculous. I thought when they left they were still going to serve or some other bollocks and here she is writing crappy children's books and making jam whilst man of the people Harry is making programmes about Polo. :rolleyes:
It's what she wanted though and why they had a tantrum and left - she couldn't market Sussex Royal jams and goodies. They had even gone ahead to do copyright and such to make such things before they left. That and how they'd scheduled Oprah interviews and stuff pre-wedding and the royal family put the kibosh on that, she must have been in a narc rage.

Luckily for them their lies are supported by a lot of crazy people who believe their nonsense about being forced out by the evil racists in Britain or whatever.

Reactions: 7
Strawberry jam is also a very British and North European product. I would expect citrus and grapes and other warm climate fruit from the "American Riviera".
Ah, so maybe strawberry jam is not considered to be basic in Montecito.
---

Just imagine one of the influencers who received an elusive jar would provide a testimonial: "Yummy, tastes just like Bonne Maman!"

• Haha
But maybe that's what her USP will be - a mix of trad British (that she learned in her many many years in the UK - lol) and American style food. I would bet my ass that she will do segments from olive farms and vineyards down the coast too, then include them in her recipes a la Floyd or Rick Stein.

Then we will get a cookbook to flog, and products on her website that tie into the programme.

Anyway, not a tv producer, but thats what I would do.

also big laughs at the label peeling off. brilliant attention to detail.

He has certainly done his bit for the Royals Family but years ago there were a lot of stories out there claiming to hat he hit his wife.
I remember reading that as well. Whenever I see a photo of him I think of that article.

Reactions: 2
These two just get more crazy by the day. The brand name itself is bleeping ridiculous.
Who are the jammy 50 who got the erm … jam ?

Reactions: 8
Marketing spot on for her snobbery 😂 It’s so elite it doesn’t even tell you what kind of jam it is 😂 if you have to ask… you can’t afford it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They should be mortified by this American Riviera Orchard thing. What even is it? I thought they were selling branded tees and bags and now they've moved onto jam. So random.

Reactions: 9
They should have just bought a vineyard and sold wine. Then no matter what happens, they would have wine.

You can probably get much better and cheaper jam at the average supermarket, or even a farmers market. I don't really understand why people would would want to buy this over something else.

I have seen Montecito referred to as ' The American Riveria' so there may be more logic to the name than we realise. So maybe that area has different associations to Americans to make them go oooh like if something here claimed to come from Cornwall or Yorkshire.

I wager that it wasn't Catherine with a lovely thinking of you note?!
The whole thing is so funny because Kate got some raised eyebrows for allegedly gifting homemade jam to the RF at Christmas. The whole royal housewife with homemade jam, self knitted jumpers and gardening schtick is so tied to her. Frumpy, bland, stepford Kate….. - not my opinion but that’s part of the picture.
And that M is now working with the same narrative after all the bad blood and producing herself as kind of an Anti-Kate is hilarious. I wonder if it stings that she has to go down that route…
Your suggestion would be an amazing passive aggressive witch move by M though. I almost wish she did and we would get a fantastic cat fight with lots of little jabs like that.

I will say though- the terracotta pot with the lemons and jasmin(?) looks very nice. So while I think the label looks outdated (not lovely vintage) and pretentious the presentation as a whole is beautiful.

Reactions: 7