The Royal Family #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anybody ever check that Aunt Lucy really was in that Home for Retired Bears in Lima?

Just asking' . . .

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I watched Scoop last night. I'm underwhelmed. It's been hyped up as this Netflix blockbuster, but it just felt like the rushed dramas that ITV do. The guy playing Andrew was brilliant and the scenes about Andrew and his secretary who worshipped him were great, but too much of the drama followed that Billie Piper character. The story of how an underdog got an interview with a Prince should have been a good one, but the writers failed to make it happen - she was just so dull, and the more they shoved it in your face that you had to root for her, the more I didn't. I don't bleeping care what background she comes from, or who her kid fancies. I came here to watch a drama about Prince Andrew!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Someone just commented on a Netflix TikTok and asked for a Season 2 of Scoop!? Not sure what that would cover exactly!?

Andrew moping around Royal Lodge in a variety of his defunct ceremonial uniforms and getting all his teddy bears out to recreate the Falklands War?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I watched Scoop last night. I'm underwhelmed. It's been hyped up as this Netflix blockbuster, but it just felt like the rushed dramas that ITV do. The guy playing Andrew was brilliant and the scenes about Andrew and his secretary who worshipped him were great, but too much of the drama followed that Billie Piper character. The story of how an underdog got an interview with a Prince should have been a good one, but the writers failed to make it happen - she was just so dull, and the more they shoved it in your face that you had to root for her, the more I didn't. I don't bleeping care what background she comes from, or who her kid fancies. I came here to watch a drama about Prince Andrew!
That’s because the book “Scoop” (on which the drama was based) was written by the Billie Piper character (IRL) and in fact the book only has the Andrew interview as a few chapters with the rest of the book detailing other interviews that she has secured. It’s a tad self centred for my liking.

Reactions: 10
Rufus Sewell. The prosthetics/makeup dept deserve an award because he is so fine underneath all that. *sighs since the 1990s*

I agree with your review.
Ow wow, I just looked him up, he is HOT. Imagine being Andrew and knowing someone needed prosthetic fat and eyebags to play you 😂
---
This will be why you were disappointed then - it was never intended to be a drama about Prince Andrew. It was about the scoop.
Fair enough. It was definitely marketed as a drama about the interview itself, not the home life of someone I've never heard of.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She’s even worse in real life. Really unkempt looking. I was surprised at her appearance. The book was HER story - that’s why is was all about her.

Reactions: 3
Might be the strain of all the Prince Andrew stuff at the moment.
I read something yonks ago about it being her suggestion that he did the interview, and she's felt horrific about it since. 😟

Reactions: 8
Might be the strain of all the Prince Andrew stuff at the moment.
I read something yonks ago about it being her suggestion that he did the interview, and she's felt horrific about it since. 😟
She’s looked very thin for years. It’s just not as noticeable as her hair is usually down.

Reactions: 3
She’s even worse in real life. Really unkempt looking. I was surprised at her appearance. The book was HER story - that’s why is was all about her.
Omg. I was actually shocked at her appearance. Surely she would have had some preparation for the media that would come out of the Netflix programme. Really awful. I feel that Emily Marks programme will be more interesting. That comes out later in the summer.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.