The Royal Family #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst we are all giving our royal recommendations, allow me to introduce my favourite royal film… not sure how much truth it’s based on though 🤔

IMG_4572.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I have no patience for Tiktoks and reels with daft theories about Kate’s video. It wasn’t the case when it felt like harmless fun but given the seriousness of what she has, nah, not giving it the time of day.

I’m someone who doesn’t think a monarchy has any place in modern society. However, no matter who you are, you deserve peace when fighting health issues.

Reactions: 24
On the note of Camilla, as she was being discussed - I remember my Dad at some point said Diana made a perfect princess but would have been a terrible queen, while Camilla would have made a terrible princess but would make a good queen.

I think that's about right, honestly. Camilla wasn't the pretty, media-ready, and aspirational type people want in a princess, while Diana absolutely was. But when it comes to showing up, doing the outreach that isn't as good for headlines, and quietly getting on with the mundanities of monarchy, Camilla's good to go.

Charles and Camilla are an odd pair when it comes to public perception. It's hard to like them on a personal level, given their history and them just seeming like walking cliches of aristocracy (personal bias, there), but it's also very hard to claim they're not positive influences given the commitment and work both have shown for the causes that they care about.

Reactions: 44
On the note of Camilla, as she was being discussed - I remember my Dad at some point said Diana made a perfect princess but would have been a terrible queen, while Camilla would have made a terrible princess but would make a good queen.

I think that's about right, honestly. Camilla wasn't the pretty, media-ready, and aspirational type people want in a princess, while Diana absolutely was. But when it comes to showing up, doing the outreach that isn't as good for headlines, and quietly getting on with the mundanities of monarchy, Camilla's good to go.

Charles and Camilla are an odd pair when it comes to public perception. It's hard to like them on a personal level, given their history and them just seeming like walking cliches of aristocracy (personal bias, there), but it's also very hard to claim they're not positive influences given the commitment and work both have shown for the causes that they care about.
I like them both on a personal level. The whole Diana saga was sad all round. No winners. They’re not the first people to have affairs and I’m not condoning- I’m no ones judge. It seems they were clearly meant for each other. Plenty of people cheat and throw away long marriages for the side piece - only for that to fizzle out. Charles and Camilla are here 50 years down the line. Life is too short to be unhappy with your partner. I’m happy that they got to be together - albeit through sad circumstances. Plus after hearing Camilla personally bears the cost of the rape kits makes me admire her even more.

Reactions: 41
Camilla mentioned in an interview that she new someone very close who was\had been abused or was a vitim of coercive control.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
This is lovely from Camilla. The little girls will be so thrilled and remember this day forever.
“The Queen stopped to say hello to 10-year-old Harriet Waterson and her sister Lois, aged six, who both handed over posters decorated with stars and hearts.
Harriet apologised, saying "I'm sorry they're a bit creased" but the Queen crouched down to talk to them and said: "I'll take them carefully and we'll make sure she knows they're coming".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68673044

• Heart
I have to say Camilla has really grown on me in recent weeks. I’ve always been pretty indifferent to her however she is absolutely keeping the show on the road at the moment. I’ve always thought personally that she would have probably been happy to swerve the public role and simply wanted to be with the man she loved but I feel she’s really come into her own this year, despite the sad circumstances. I’m glad she seemed to have pretty large crowds out there for her today, she deserves it

Reactions: 50
I have to say Camilla has really grown on me in recent weeks. I’ve always been pretty indifferent to her however she is absolutely keeping the show on the road at the moment. I’ve always thought personally that she would have probably been happy to swerve the public role and simply wanted to be with the man she loved but I feel she’s really come into her own this year, despite the sad circumstances. I’m glad she seemed to have pretty large crowds out there for her today, she deserves it
I agree. She is making an excellent job of being Queen. I think she has turned into a very unexpected asset to the Royal family. The late Queen definitely saw this in her in her late years

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I love Camilla. She gets so much stick and just gets on with the job. She must truly love Charles to be doing this at her age. I’m glad they’ve got each other. No issue with her having her own house, spending time with her own family. She’s reflective of modern society snd blended families. Plus I think she’d be such a laugh over few gins.
I think her humour must be one of the things that attracted Charles to her. She would have seemed a breath of fresh in a life bound by responsibilities.
There was a news segment of them at some event a few years ago and they were bursting trying not to giggle when they looked at each other. I seem to think they were being reported as disrespectful, and they probably were, but I thought how sad it must be to always have to be po faced.

I think her humour must be one of the things that attracted Charles to her. She would have seemed a breath of fresh in a life bound by responsibilities.
There was a news segment of them at some event a few years ago and they were bursting trying not to giggle when they looked at each other. I seem to think they were being reported as disrespectful, and they probably were, but I thought how sad it must be to always have to be po faced.
I saw this. Tbh, I saw what they were watching and don't blame them! Camilla was nearly crying!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Markle household .... I wonder if Meghan went to the parties too?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.