The Royal Family #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Camilla loves Strictly, that’s been reported a lot. Surprised she’s not gone to the live tbh.

Sadly she’s not a Love Island fan.

I wondered if she reads the books on her royal reading room Instagram as I’ve read quite a few and would find it funny if we even had slightly similar tastes or if someone picks them out for their posts .

Reactions: 2
I wondered if she reads the books on her royal reading room Instagram as I’ve read quite a few and would find it funny if we even had slightly similar tastes or if someone picks them out for their posts .
So I actually like Camilla and it’s genuinely because of the Royal Reading Room. She seems so passionate about encouraging people to read and the books they pick for that are excellent and I think she must get some kind of say…

That being said, the Royal Reading Room is a essentially all I really know about her tbf…

Reactions: 14
Camilla has been very instrumental in rape bags for rape survivors being given in police stations, hospitals, to make a hard time a bit easier.

She has also been very involved in domestic violence charities.

That + literacy = why I think she is fabulous

That and she seems like a fun person

Harry never met Meghan's dad; I think because she did not like the image he presented. Overweight, embarrassing white dude. He was a problem. Everyone in her family, to her, was a problem. Her mother is useful. Even her mother's family has been on the outs. She doesn't need them. She uses and abuses and dumps people, friend or family.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
A new one, which according the artists caption has been commissioned by Lorraine (a TV presenter/chat show for those not in the UK) 😂😂
Funny thing is Meghan and Harry actually have one of these Instagram artists work in their house

I guess it’s a drawing of a real photo so maybe makes it better. Apparently Meghan ordered about 20 different illustrations from the artist depicting their love story

• Sick
  • Haha
Funny thing is Meghan and Harry actually have one of these Instagram artists work in their house

I guess it’s a drawing of a real photo so maybe makes it better. Apparently Meghan ordered about 20 different illustrations from the artist depicting their love story
I bet they never paid the artist for them

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't have the time for the Harry and Meghan threads these days, but I did when they started 4+ years ago.

The general thought was
  1. No chance she's sticking around to be a working royal.
  2. They'll move to the states to trade off the name (an Oprah interview was mentioned).
  3. Have a couple of children.
  4. She'll ditch Harry when he no longer serves a purpose.
1-3 was pretty accurate and I guess Harry still serves a purpose with all this attention on the royal family this year. I can't think what else he offers and he seems like an insufferable whiny bore.

Harry and Meghan will always have lots of support purely because they represent anti monarchy. Those two I'm a bit indifferent on - a dim aristocrat and an ambitious actor that worked her way up from the valley.

Reactions: 27
Camilla has been very instrumental in rape bags for rape survivors being given in police stations, hospitals, to make a hard time a bit easier.

Harry never met Meghan's dad; I think because she did not like the image he presented. Overweight, embarrassing white dude. He was a problem. Everyone in her family, to her, was a problem. Her mother is useful. Even her mother's family has been on the outs. She doesn't need them. She uses and abuses and dumps people, friend or family.
I have to ask, if she 'didn't like his image' why was he 1) invited to the wedding and 2) supposed to be walking her up the aisle? There is no doubt that both of those things are true, it was in the order of service.

Reactions: 8
Slightly off topic, but had anyone else read SJ Bennets ' Her Majesty Investigates' series. These are cosy mystery novels based around the idea that Queen Elizabeth had a secret hobby of crime solving.

Each book involves a murder at a Palace, and she Investigates with the help of her staff. She can't always openly be seen to be Investigating so often sends an assistant to go places and ask questions she can not.

Currently there are 3 books set in the 2010s, and one set in the 1960s.

They are quite light fluffy reads imo.

I think the author was inspired by thinking that the Queen would have met so many people that she would get very used to reading them and would notice if something was odd or out of place.
These books sound right up my alley! Just put them on my to-read list! Reminds me slightly of The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennet - the Queen becomes obsessed with reading after a chance encounter at a mobile book shop…(I won’t say much further!)
---
A new one, which according the artists caption has been commissioned by Lorraine (a TV presenter/chat show for those not in the UK) 😂😂
I like how the artist made sure to definitely include William’s balding head

• Haha
Reactions: 9
These books sound right up my alley! Just put them on my to-read list! Reminds me slightly of The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennet - the Queen becomes obsessed with reading after a chance encounter at a mobile book shop…(I won’t say much further!)
---

Mrs Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn is another cute royal novel that I enjoyed. Nothing groundbreaking, but a very cosy, pleasant read. My husband’s grandma gave it to me one Christmas ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't have the time for the Harry and Meghan threads these days, but I did when they started 4+ years ago.

The general thought was
  1. No chance she's sticking around to be a working royal.
  2. They'll move to the states to trade off the name (an Oprah interview was mentioned).
  3. Have a couple of children.
  4. She'll ditch Harry when he no longer serves a purpose.
I guess Harry still serves a purpose with all this attention on the royal family this year. I can't think what else he offers and he seems like an insufferable whiny bore.

Harry and Meghan will always have lots of support purely because they represent anti monarchy. Those two I'm a bit indifferent on - a dim aristocrat and an ambitious actor that worked her way up from the valley.
I jumped from the Harry and Meghan threads when it got serious about the fake baby stuff. Before that it was great. One of the only places online that I found you were allowed to have a negative opinion about them. That's what really got me reading here wayyyy back when I had a different name.

Reactions: 10
---

The Uncommon Reader was brilliant. Definitely a recommendation. At first I thought the two Bennets might be related, which made was another reason I picked up the SJ Bennet book. They are absolutely not by the way- just one of those coincidences.
---
I don’t have a real problem with H&M presenting her marrying into the family as the big win, but it was so funny. „Family she never had“ has raised the eyebrows of many long time royal watchers to the ceiling. If you just think Andrew (highly problematic for some decades already), Anne, PP, Charles/Diana/Camilla/ or Fergie….. That is for sure the family you never had … and never wanted *cough, cough*
I don’t think anyone with a working head on their shoulders thought this was serious- a fluff piece of PR. Now I sometimes wonder if H was just delusional.
My big break was when I realised that they would have been absolutely fine to sell everyone what a fantastic loving family the BRF is- if they had gotten their way. Because they would have been. Till the Sandringham Summit they didn’t have on bad word to say about the BRF but the press and acted as if they would use the shift to more purposefully exposure (not privacy but the decision about what to show and what not) as a chance to earn some money and work differently with charities. All fair enough. As they had to re-write the statement several times and wouldn’t get what they wanted, suddenly the Grey Suits were the villains. And much later the individual family members. So I don’t believe in word they say because they showed they would have continued to promote the “lie” if they had gotten the money. This and whining about being too poor to pay the bills.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
There's also The Queen and I by Sue Townsend (as in Adrian Mole), in which a Republican party wins the general election, strips the Royal Family of all its assets and sends them to live on a council estate in the Midlands.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There's also The Queen and I by Sue Townsend (as in Adrian Mole), in which a Republican party wins the general election, strips the Royal Family of all its assets and sends them to live on a council estate in the Midlands.
This is also great! It was made into a TV series a few years ago at Christmas. Can’t remember which channel but I think it was fairly funny - a bit fluffy

Reactions: 5

I had heard she was passionate about domestic violence charities, but I didn’t know that she’d done this. That’s excellent! Shows that the Royal Family can have a positive impact, that’s for sure.

Reactions: 16
That sounds brilliant! If anyone has anymore book suggestions related to the royalty keep them coming in.
Apart from The Uncommon Reader the only ‘historical’ fiction I’ve read related to royalty has been Queen Victoria Demon Slayer. Which I have to say is pretty good. Gave it 4/5 stars on Goodreads.
---
Oh dear. Looks like sex parties run in the family
I’m reading this as they gained access to Prince Harry, not that he necessarily attended the parties?

Reactions: 4
I’ve often wondered seeing as Camilla is a supporter of domestic abuse charities if she was a victim herself. Obviously not in her marriage to the King but before?

Reactions: 9
I had heard she was passionate about domestic violence charities, but I didn’t know that she’d done this. That’s excellent! Shows that the Royal Family can have a positive impact, that’s for sure.
Boots supplies them nationwide and sends her the bill, which she pays out of her own funds. It's such a small thoughtful thing and it makes a world of difference to the recipients.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
That sounds brilliant! If anyone has anymore book suggestions related to the royalty keep them coming in.
Apart from The Uncommon Reader the only ‘historical’ fiction I’ve read related to royalty has been Queen Victoria Demon Slayer. Which I have to say is pretty good. Gave it 4/5 stars on Goodreads.
---

I’m reading this as they gained access to Prince Harry, not that he necessarily attended the parties?
Gone with the Windsors by Laurie Graham and The Socialite Spy by Sarah Sigal both set around Edward and Mrs Simpson.

Reactions: 1
I can see Meghan keeping Harry on, maybe just living separate lives. It would be hard to give up her titles and become a plain Ms again

:ROFLMAO: Love this.
Thinking of Harry again, I think he believed he was special with personal charisma but in the real world (eg this council estate) he’s just a red haired chap with few useful skills.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.