The Royal Family #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the book recs. I haven't heard of any of these. I managed to bag some cheap 2nd hand copies , so looking forward to those arriving soon.

Not a book, but one of my favourite cosy Royal stories is the film A Royal Night Out. WW2 is over, as a special treat Princess Elizabeth and Margaret are allowed to go out amongst the public and celebrate.

Their parents set up a posh dinner party with some selected guests for them to attend. The Princesses have other ideas and go AWOL.... and then end up lost and separated when they try and get on a bus, and accidentally catch different ones....

Don't take this one to seriously and it is good fun.

Reactions: 7
Thanks for the book recs. I haven't heard of any of these. I managed to bag some cheap 2nd hand copies , so looking forward to those arriving soon.

Not a book, but one of my favourite cosy Royal stories is the film A Royal Night Out. WW2 is over, as a special treat Princess Elizabeth and Margaret are allowed to go out amongst the public and celebrate.

Their parents set up a posh dinner party with some selected guests for them to attend. The Princesses have other ideas and go AWOL.... and then end up lost and separated when they try and get on a bus, and accidentally catch different ones....

Don't take this one to seriously and it is good fun.
Thatā€™s a great cosy film!

Iā€™ve often wondered seeing as Camilla is a supporter of domestic abuse charities if she was a victim herself. Obviously not in her marriage to the King but before?

Alternatively witnessed DV as a child. Itā€™s an important cause either way.

My auntie met her through her job more than once. This would be a few years back, certainly pre-2020. Camilla arranged for a thoughtful and unique gift for her after their chat once. For that alone, I like her.

Reactions: 40
Iā€™ve often wondered seeing as Camilla is a supporter of domestic abuse charities if she was a victim herself. Obviously not in her marriage to the King but before?
I know she has mentioned in a speech before that she witnessed it with a friend so there is definitely some level of personal connection there

Reactions: 14
I love Camilla. She gets so much stick and just gets on with the job. She must truly love Charles to be doing this at her age. Iā€™m glad theyā€™ve got each other. No issue with her having her own house, spending time with her own family. Sheā€™s reflective of modern society snd blended families. Plus I think sheā€™d be such a laugh over few gins.

Reactions: 49
There's also The Queen and I by Sue Townsend (as in Adrian Mole), in which a Republican party wins the general election, strips the Royal Family of all its assets and sends them to live on a council estate in the Midlands.
My British in laws read it and thought it was hilarious. Itā€™s definitely on my tbr pile

Reactions: 3
Boots supplies them nationwide and sends her the bill, which she pays out of her own funds. It's such a small thoughtful thing and it makes a world of difference to the recipients.
Iā€™m sure I read it was her idea and she approached Boots too. I think sheā€™s great!

Reactions: 14
There's also The Queen and I by Sue Townsend (as in Adrian Mole), in which a Republican party wins the general election, strips the Royal Family of all its assets and sends them to live on a council estate in the Midlands.
I read Queen Camilla by her which must be a sequel but hadnā€™t realised. Theyā€™re all living on the council estate, The Queen is going to abdicate and Charles just likes having a little garden of vegetables, I think him and Camilla have a secret love child thatā€™s resurfaced, so itā€™s down to Camilla to revive the family and take back the throne. I donā€™t remember too much because it was about 5 years ago but I remember enjoying it.

Reactions: 6
I read Queen Camilla by her which must be a sequel but hadnā€™t realised. Theyā€™re all living on the council estate, The Queen is going to abdicate and Charles just likes having a little garden of vegetables, I think him and Camilla have a secret love child thatā€™s resurfaced, so itā€™s down to Camilla to revive the family and take back the throne. I donā€™t remember too much because it was about 5 years ago but I remember enjoying it.
I had no idea there was a sequel! Thatā€™s being added to my TBR list, thank you!

Reactions: 1
I'm another one who likes Camilla because of the literacy/book stuff and DV advocacy. She's also got that sort of practical lets just get on with it attitude which Princess Anne also has. I like that.

Reactions: 32
Loved this!

Reactions: 1
Boots supplies them nationwide and sends her the bill, which she pays out of her own funds. It's such a small thoughtful thing and it makes a world of difference to the recipients.
I knew she was instrumental in providing these kits but not that she paid for them herself. Thatā€™s amazing.

I read a moving story from a woman on SM who said that she tried to decline one but was told words to the effect of ā€œPlease take one, the DoC [as she was then] would really want you to take itā€. I found that so personal and touching.

Reactions: 19
So I actually like Camilla and itā€™s genuinely because of the Royal Reading Room. She seems so passionate about encouraging people to read and the books they pick for that are excellent and I think she must get some kind of sayā€¦

That being said, the Royal Reading Room is a essentially all I really know about her tbfā€¦
Their website says that she chooses four books every season to read as a book club. The rest of it is a literacy charity, now called The Queen's Reading Room after she became QC.
---
Camilla is really doing some heavy lifting at the moment with Charles non-public, Kate out for goodness knows how long and William even more semi-detached. There was the Commonwealth service and reception, Douglas becoming a city, she's doing the Maundy Money on Thursday etc... Basically she's doing her own job plus the public side of Charles's. She even had to host the Greek royals and others on her own because William couldn't be there last minute - for a good reason - but it must be a bit of a heavy pace and responsibility for her as well as worrying about her husband (who she "tries to keep in check" as an impatient patient).

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Sorry I really canā€™t believe that there are people who think the video of Kate is AI. They really think the same PR team who bodged up the motherā€™s day picture are capable of generating a whole AI video?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Sorry I really canā€™t believe that there are people who think the video of Kate is AI. They really think the same PR team who bodged up the motherā€™s day picture are capable of generating a whole AI video?
There are people who believe the earth is flat. So nothing really surprises me these days :LOL:

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.