The Royal Family #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember back to when Meghan's family were saying awful things about her before the wedding? I was sucked in for quite a while to the - oh my gosh - they are just horrible, mean people being nasty about their family member. They were telling the truth.
I think a lot of her family are awful, like her half sister who clearly uses her name for money, but I still find it strange that she only had her mum there, not even a friend for her mum.

Reactions: 33
Surely Charles knows recovery takes time.. it's been barely any time since his diagnosis.

William, Harry and Camilla have all said how hard he works and that they wish he would work less. He was well known for still working at his desk gone midnight.

Obviously, some will say ‘what work’? But I do believe he puts the work in.

So I can understand he’s frustrated and wanting to get back to it.

Reactions: 27
Sorry if it's been mentioned already and I missed it, but Friday was daffodil day here in Ireland, its all for the Irish Cancer society, shops sell daffodils and daffodil badges, and it all goes towards the Irish Cancer society, the fact kate recorded her video in front of daffodils and released it on daffodil day, I don't think it was unintentional ❤

Reactions: 34
William, Harry and Camilla have all said how hard he works and that they wish he would work less. He was well known for still working at his desk gone midnight.

Obviously, some will say ‘what work’? But I do believe he puts the work in.

So I can understand he’s frustrated and wanting to get back to it.
I will say with Charles I don't think there's the idea he's not worked much. He's clearly got his passions and understands how to use his position to further them - his work in environmental activism which has been evident long before it had mainstream support, and the Prince's Trust are a good legacy he'll have to show for himself.

Whatever his personal proclivities or whether he appeals as a human, he's arguably done more as an individual for the people he now reigns over than most royals before or after him.

Reactions: 24
I find it hard to make a judgement either way that the royals hardworking or workshy.

They do have to spend a fair bit of time in the public gaze where they need to exercise a huge amount of continuous control because if Kate shows for one split second an eye roll or anything other than a smile it'll be picked up and made into headlines. That must be exhausting.

I've no idea what they do when they're not in public. They could work a lot or they could do nothing much.

I'd never want their job for even a day.
Screenshot_20240325_101438_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240325_101450_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 18
I've no idea what they do when they're not in public. They could work a lot or they could do nothing much.
Fair point. Charles could be masquerading as Chuck Tingle in his spare time and we would (mercifully) never know.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
i wonder what their favourite tv shows are? Do you think they catch up with the soaps?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve just lay here thinking (not in bed but on a sun bed on my holidays) that in another 20+ years people will be discussing G, C and L in just the way we discuss W, H and K, and the exact way I discussed Diana, Charles, Camilla and Fergie. Nothing really ever changes does it.

Reactions: 14
I’ve just lay here thinking (not in bed but on a sun bed on my holidays) that in another 20+ years people will be discussing G, C and L in just the way we discuss W, H and K, and the exact way I discussed Diana, Charles, Camilla and Fergie. Nothing really ever changes does it.
I think William and Catherine’s privacy keeping skills will be passed on to the kids. I can’t see them partying in public or having announced multiple relationships like good old uncle H. I’m sure there will be gossip. But I get a very protective and mature vibe off William and Kate. I bet we see lots of the Archie and lilli partying in LA tho.

Reactions: 15
But in fairness; I think it’s highly likely and probable that they found out about Kate’s illness at the same time as the rest of the world.
And their tone deaf comment out loud / in print 'about finding out at the same time as everyone else' ??!

Yeeeees, poor you !

Gives me the cringe.

Reactions: 12
They did a calendar?! 😮
It’s so realistic - I’m sure Kate is always wearing a ball gown when she’s playing the piano for her children! 😆

And the children don’t change their clothes from one month to the next!
Must have took insperation from the simsons they never change their clothes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think a lot of her family are awful, like her half sister who clearly uses her name for money, but I still find it strange that she only had her mum there, not even a friend for her mum.
None of her mums family there was a huge red flag for me. How bizarre to have cut off both sides of your family then your husband cuts off his! Weird.
---
We know that Camilla was a big fan of Happy Valley.
I think it was said that the queen fancied Tomasz Shafernaker 😂 and that some of them watch Strictly come dancing? Apparently Catherine visited and watched a show without anyone knowing.

Reactions: 17
I think it was said that the queen fancied Tomasz Shafernaker 😂 and that some of them watch Strictly come dancing? Apparently Catherine visited and watched a show without anyone knowing.
Sophie and Louise went to Strictly one week and sat in the audience I think

Reactions: 10
Slightly off topic, but had anyone else read SJ Bennets ' Her Majesty Investigates' series. These are cosy mystery novels based around the idea that Queen Elizabeth had a secret hobby of crime solving.

Each book involves a murder at a Palace, and she Investigates with the help of her staff. She can't always openly be seen to be Investigating so often sends an assistant to go places and ask questions she can not.

Currently there are 3 books set in the 2010s, and one set in the 1960s.

They are quite light fluffy reads imo.

I think the author was inspired by thinking that the Queen would have met so many people that she would get very used to reading them and would notice if something was odd or out of place.

Reactions: 21
Slightly off topic, but had anyone else read SJ Bennets ' Her Majesty Investigates' series. These are cosy mystery novels based around the idea that Queen Elizabeth had a secret hobby of crime solving.

Each book involves a murder at a Palace, and she Investigates with the help of her staff. She can't always openly be seen to be Investigating so often sends an assistant to go places and ask questions she can not.

Currently there are 3 books set in the 2010s, and one set in the 1960s.

They are quite light fluffy reads imo.

I think the author was inspired by thinking that the Queen would have met so many people that she would get very used to reading them and would notice if something was odd or out of place.
Ok I actually love the idea of this!!

Reactions: 7
I think with each year they'll fade a bit in relevance. Might be more like European royal family's in 20 years where some get the metro to work without much fuss.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.