The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A professional photographer has been quoted in the Mail saying she thinks the photo was edited to show Kate with her arms around the kids whereas in the original she probably had her arms at her sides. This could help explain the weird torso/ leg imbalance

Reactions: 8
I agree, we don't know the whole truth. I think Meghan thought she would be a global icon promoting causes with all the magic fairydust of being a princess. I also think Harry let her believe this and didn't really explain to her how the palace controlled everything, how the pecking order worked. Probably because he didn't want to lose her. Pre-Meghan, Harry was really close to Kate and was a great brother in law but I think he was hurt that William didn't welcome Meghan the same way.
I can't help but wonder IF the rumours about William are true, then that was a big factor in William/Harry's rift.

Reactions: 24
Yes, in all fairness William isn’t liked anywhere near as much as he thought he’d be. The public love Kate. It’s Charles and Di all over again. That family never learn. I think there’s a lot to be said for her hanging around for him to make his mind up, he settled because he was expected to be wed and provide kids. May be it’ll be sorted behind the scenes and they’ll come to an agreement to stay married. I think another divorce will be yet another nail in coffin in regards to the longevity of them!
William is liked and by many royalists. Just because you don’t like him it doesn’t mean he’s not popular.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don’t believe that M&H were sacrificed to protect W&K; I think the Sussex’s have been the architects of their own undoing.

The press have been kinder to W&K in recent years though, and in my view it’s because they’re becoming closer to the throne and the media are maybe having to tread a little more respectfully in order to have a relationship of sorts with them, going forwards. Also Harry has massively riled the media and the press always go after anyone who tries to get one over on them.

I don’t personally believe the Wales’ marriage is in trouble; I think Kate has had a health crisis of some kind.

So in this instance I think she should be allowed some privacy.

But my sympathy for her is limited, because she had a heck of a long time to get the know the man she was intent on marrying, the family she was marrying into, and what her life would be like.

She absolutely chose to go with it.

In my view, the Wales’ are every bit as intent on tearing up the Royal rule book as the Sussex’s were; they’re just taking the softly and slowly approach, and - up till now - have had a better PR team working to hide their laziness and profligacy (didn’t they have a brand new kitchen installed in one of their houses, only to completely change it shortly afterwards? And had the grounds ripped up and tennis courts installed?
No way do they have the common touch that they pretend to have!

Reactions: 14
In my opinion Harry will be the one that spills the beans on this fake marriage even IF W and K continue with this charade. At this point I’m genuinely sad for K and to think she’s going through the whole sorry mess again.
Can you give your reasoning for why you think they’re divorcing?

Kate deserves an Oscar and is a better actress than Meghan if she has managed to look as happy as she has throughout her time in the Royal family. I have never seen any indication of them looking unhappy or is it just because she doesn’t cling to him and hold his hand at any given opportunity like Meghan does?
---
I really don’t think he’s popular with the general public
Why do you think that and what examples do you have?

Reactions: 14
I don’t believe that M&H were sacrificed to protect W&K; I think the Sussex’s have been the architects of their own undoing.

The press have been kinder to W&K in recent years though, and in my view it’s because they’re becoming closer to the throne and the media are maybe having to tread a little more respectfully in order to have a relationship of sorts with them, going forwards. Also Harry has massively riled the media and the press always go after anyone who tries to get one over on them.

I don’t personally believe the Wales’ marriage is in trouble; I think Kate has had a health crisis of some kind.

But my sympathy for her is limited, because she had a heck of a long time to get the know the man she was intent on marrying, the family she was marrying into, and what her life would be like.

In my view, the Wales’ are every bit as intent on tearing up the Royal rule book as the Sussex’s were; they’re just taking the softly and slowly approach, and - up till now - have had a better PR team working to hide their laziness and profligacy (didn’t they have a brand new kitchen installed in one of their houses, only to completely change it shortly afterwards? And had the grounds ripped up and tennis courts installed?
Yep I agree the Sussex's brought a lot on themselves. The timing of the Oprah interview (when Philip was near the end) was terrible. The book was pretty toe-curling and I'm not one for trashing your own family in public. The sad thing is Harry was more popular than William, genuinely seemed to have a more natural rapport with people even if he was a loose cannon at times.

If (in a parallel universe) him and Meghan had stayed, carved out a role they were both happy with, right now they would be huge assets and carrying the family to some degree. I wonder then if Kate would have been allowed to hide away for so long.......... (joke!!!)

Reactions: 12
If they’re covering up a split/divorce, then what’s the end game? Do you think they’re just going to use AI/body doubles/photoshop until William dies? Where will the real Kate go to live out her days?
It just makes no sense. If they’ve split, what the duck would be the point in covering it up? And for how long?

Reactions: 18
Has she though? We don’t know that. Remember Harry saying he’d see statements released to the media, from him, that he’d never signed off!

Numerous journalists are saying it’s very unheard of to issue that statement to news agency’s.
Yes you are correct, I agree but if she hasn’t put the apology out then why has someone put it out blaming her? Kate would have known the missing wedding ring would cause more rumours as would the person releasing the statement if it wasn’t her.
I agree, we don't know the whole truth. I think Meghan thought she would be a global icon promoting causes with all the magic fairydust of being a princess. I also think Harry let her believe this and didn't really explain to her how the palace controlled everything, how the pecking order worked. Probably because he didn't want to lose her. Pre-Meghan, Harry was really close to Kate and was a great brother in law but I think he was hurt that William didn't welcome Meghan the same way.
I can't help but wonder IF the rumours about William are true, then that was a big factor in William/Harry's rift.
this is exactly what happened from the person that told me. The row between W and H is because of W and R.

Reactions: 6
Is this Kate's first RF "scandal"? I can't think of another one!
As I said earlier, I think in the past there’s been a lot of media digs at the amount of money spent decorating and then redecorating their homes, and changing homes.
Also about the amount of work Kate took on (or didn’t!)
But by and large she seems to have played the game pretty well until now.

Reactions: 7
If they’re covering up a split/divorce, then what’s the end game? Do you think they’re just going to use AI/body doubles/photoshop until William dies? Where will the real Kate go to live out her days?
It just makes no sense. If they’ve split, what the duck would be the point in covering it up? And for how long?
I mean the divorce conspiracy is the dumbest of them all in my opinion. Why on earth would William agree to lie that Kate had, had major surgery. It will just look like he’s been an absolute bleep in April when it comes out. “William leaves bed ridden wife” etc. would be a PR disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

I think the main problem for William now is that there is no one to hide behind. Anne has never played the tit for tat PR game and Edward and Sophie seem to have settled into the same. Andrew is out in the cold and by and large silent/ced. Charles is ill and Camilla rehabilitated. Any faux pas can’t be distracted from with a ‘but - Harry’. Something has obviously changed because I refuse to believe a PR team for the royal family could get this bad almost overnight.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
William is liked and by many royalists. Just because you don’t like him it doesn’t mean he’s not popular.
Kate is absolutely the most popular member of that family. I think M has damaged Hs reputation a lot but if they had played that differently they would have easily eclipsed W. Even if H were to come back into the fold now he would be welcomed like the prodigal son. William (after his young heart throb days) has always been perceived as just a little bit dull.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Even if Kate did the editing of the picture you'd think someone would have a close look at it before releasing it to the media FGS :rolleyes:

Reactions: 15
I wonder if even the PR folks are in the dark about what is up with Kate and just having to work with whatever vague information they are getting from them.

Reactions: 10
Yes it’s like the head and shoulders have been put on a smaller body but could just be the sitting angle?
---
Sky have forensically examined it 😂
Blimey, they’ll be announcing what William had for breakfast and dinner next.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is this Kate's first RF "scandal"? I can't think of another one!
You missed when she flashed her naked butt (involuntarily) at an official engagement.
Or when they put new ugly shingles on Anmer. Or put in one or was it even two expensive kitchens. And moved the tennis court for 3cm and had to cut off some old trees for it. Or when she and her mum blocked Charles from seeing George. And when she alienated her husband and child from the RF. Or when she faked HG…..
It’s definitely not her first storm.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.