The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They've commented on Ukraine without concern it was too political. Civilian suffering on a large scale shouldn't be considered political or not based on the nationality or ethnicity of those suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It's a great card but I do find it weird the numbers of people who have forked out for a card to send to somebody they don't know, I don't know anybody who would even consider it
It was a bit like the people who sent Captain Tom a birthday card - so many that dearest Hannah had to build a spa to house them! 😆
I also find it rather odd but we are all different.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It's a great card but I do find it weird the numbers of people who have forked out for a card to send to somebody they don't know, I don't know anybody who would even consider it
There's quite a few on here who would. I gather that when Queen Elizabeth married Prince Philip people sent her their ration books how ridiculous is that? There was also a documentary about Prince Andrew and his soon to be wife Sarah a few weeks before their wedding and they had received hundreds of gifts from ordinary members of the public and Sarah was really rude about a lot of them saying they were ghastly, hideous etc he did rebuke her mildly.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
There's quite a few on here who would. I gather that when Queen Elizabeth married Prince Philip people sent her their ration books how ridiculous is that?
They sent in ration stamps for the wedding cake I think.

I don't think that was too mad. The wedding was just after the war had finished and everyone was looking forward to a bit a glamour and glitz. I can understand that. It had the nickname of the 10,000 mile cake because the sugar came from the girl guides in Australia or something.

I would never send anything into TRF ( or any personality ) but if it gives the sender pleasure I see no harm in it. We've mentioned it before that it all ends up going to charity anyway.

Reactions: 23
I suppose it’s a bit like people who walk up to Richard Wilson and say “I don’t believe it”. They think they are the only ones doing it as a nice gesture but lots more are as well, they just don’t see that

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I suppose it’s a bit like people who walk up to Richard Wilson and say “I don’t believe it”. They think they are the only ones doing it as a nice gesture but lots more are as well, they just don’t see that
I guess whoever sent the dog collar one got some pleasure out of it appearing on social media. I also don't really get it but it's less effort than travelling to Sandringham on Christmas Day to be queuing at 4am. Now that I really don't get.

Reactions: 14
I guess whoever sent the dog collar one got some pleasure out of it appearing on social media. I also don't really get it but it's less effort than travelling to Sandringham on Christmas Day to be queuing at 4am. Now that I really don't get.
Yes that is really bonkers. Someone I used to work with,his Mum and Dad used to go every Christmas Day! They always had their Christmas on Boxing Day instead😳

• Wow
  • Haha
I can understand someone wanting to write to the king and send best wishes after his diagnosis (wouldn’t do it myself but I get it), especially either a) those who don’t use social media and wouldn’t just leave a comment on a RF post or b) those with kids who might take it upon themselves to draw a card or something (when the Queen died my niece drew a poster of her of her own accord that she wanted to send to the palace, but then she also drew one when the Litvinenko series was on to send to his family so that might say more about her than anything else 😂) sending a card or message is certainly more understandable to me than forking out for presents for them at walkabouts

• Haha
I think it’s nice the children do it. It’s compassionate, it’s showing they have empathy for others who are suffering. But I’m not sure how I feel about adults doing it. I suppose it’s what ever floats your boat. I do think Charles was genuinely touched by the cards and messages. QE rarely showed emotion did she? So it’s nice to see that side of him?

Reactions: 16
It’s not something I’d do but I think it’s easy to understand why someone would… cancer touches loads of people.

There will be lots of survivors who just want to tell him their story. There will be people who’ve lost family members who just wanted to reach out. In the past I’ve seen videos of people showing correspondence they receive back from the palace, so there are people who do if for that reason. There will just be some people who were surprised at how sad they felt for him and think that social media comments are a waste of time because they definitely won’t reach him where as a letter is far more likely to be seen. People who’ve met him at charity events or received their OBE’s off him etc and so have an affinity with him. And that’s before I’ve even got to the true Royalists!

As I said it’s not something I’d personally do but I do think it’s very easy to understand why someone would 🤷🏻‍♀️ it isn’t particularly that much effort, the card he’s holding is an online one by the looks of it and you can usually find vouchers etc to make it only a couple of quid.

Reactions: 16
Not going to lie, given the card I assumed it was from Battersea or another dog rescue, given Camilla's a patron of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.

Not going to lie, given the card I assumed it was from Battersea or another dog rescue, given Camilla's a patron of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.
I just searched for it and obviously the Daily Mail have an exclusive with the sender 😂

Honestly sometimes I can’t work out if I feel sorry for Daily Mail reporters or not, with the shite they write about 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just searched for it and obviously the Daily Mail have an exclusive with the sender 😂

Honestly sometimes I can’t work out if I feel sorry for Daily Mail reporters or not, with the shite they write about 😂
More worrying to me is that she had to reach out to them for that story to exist, as the DM aren't exactly skilled investigative reporters (unless legalities are thrown out the window). I can't imagine seeking out a name-drop in the Daily Mail.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
More worrying to me is that she had to reach out to them for that story to exist, as the DM aren't exactly skilled investigative reporters (unless legalities are thrown out the window). I can't imagine seeking out a name-drop in the Daily Mail.
Yep!

“please come and take an awkward photo of me and my family so people can ridicule us online”

I agree. To me this is far crazier than sending the card in the first place!

They take the money, so no sympathy here 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1

I was going to say why did she waste £9.99 on a big card when she could have sent a small one but apparently she sends this size card to friends and family too!

I noticed she got a thank you for the Christmas card she sent him but it’s only signed off as Charles so are we to presume she didn’t send it to Charles and Camilla ?! She mustn’t be a fan!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.