The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did you all think of Prince William’s statement about Gaza and a ceasefire?
I'm a bit torn tbh. I have always believed they should remain apolitical but I don't think William said anything controversial or particularly outrageous. He spoke about 'the human cost of the conflict in the Middle East since the Hamas terrorist attack'. and an 'end to the fighting as soon as possible'. Anyone with half a brain thinks the same.

Reactions: 33
I agree, I think his statement was quite neutral. I can’t remember if Charles when he was heir made similar comments? Because for a group of people who are meant to be apolitical commenting on any conflict has the ability to be seen as political.

Reactions: 8
I'm a bit torn tbh. I have always believed they should remain apolitical but I don't think William said anything controversial or particularly outrageous. He spoke about 'the human cost of the conflict in the Middle East since the Hamas terrorist attack'. and an 'end to the fighting as soon as possible'. Anyone with half a brain thinks the same.
And Hamas have said they're looking forward to doing October 7th all over again this year.
There's some real psycho people out there at the moment, running countries or attempting to hijack them. 😟

• Angry
Reactions: 5
And Hamas have said they're looking forward to doing October 7th all over again this year.
There's some real psycho people out there at the moment, running countries or attempting to hijack them. 😟
I've got my own thoughts on the conflict but I don't think William said anything out of order.

What I do think is ridiculous is people who say William can't say anything because he is in conflict with his brother. Heard that a few times on the radio. Hardly the same thing.

Reactions: 15
I've got my own thoughts on the conflict but I don't think William said anything out of order.

What I do think is ridiculous is people who say William can't say anything because he is in conflict with his brother. Heard that a few times on the radio. Hardly the same thing.
Really? 😂😂 people. Please.

Any decent human would call for a ceasefire. The torture, suffering and death has gone on for far too long. Its genocide plain and simple.
I think it would have been dreadful for William to ignore it and not call for a cessation.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think the statement was very diplomatic and I’m glad he issued it, it’s also good that he’s doing visits that align with both sides - this week was the Red Cross and the struggle to get aid to Gaza, next week I believe he’s doing something around the rise of anti-semitism, I’d say what he is doing is all he can really do before he risks overstepping the non political line and causing more issues than solving them

Reactions: 21
I see because the statement was from The Prince of Wales and he said ‘I’ not ‘we’ that there is more talk of him and Kate having split up!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Lovely article on the Duchess of Kent
Yes I read that then watched some of their wedding on YouTube plus lots of interviews with her. I’ve always liked her. I didn’t realise since the Queen died she’s now the oldest living Royal. I also didn’t realise she was older than her husband.

Reactions: 8
Yes I read that then watched some of their wedding on YouTube plus lots of interviews with her. I’ve always liked her. I didn’t realise since the Queen died she’s now the oldest living Royal. I also didn’t realise she was older than her husband.
I think his sister, Princess Alexandra, brother Prince Michael and Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, might have something to say about Prince Edward being the last surviving first cousin of Queen Elizabeth?

Last edited:
I think his sister, Princess Alexandra, brother Prince Michael and Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, might have something to say about Prince Edward being the last surviving first cousin of Queen Elizabeth?
Yes, a lot of people mentioned it in the article.

Reactions: 1
Would it be normal for Princess of Wales to have her own private secretary now? Haven't they always shared?

The designer who the late Queen presented the inaugural Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design has created a collection inspired by Royalty. What do you all think? Personally I think there are some gorgeous pieces!
You should post this to the Fashion thread. They’d love this.

thank you for sharing - some stunners. Love the reinterpretation of the Queen’s dresses

• Heart
I agree, I think his statement was quite neutral. I can’t remember if Charles when he was heir made similar comments? Because for a group of people who are meant to be apolitical commenting on any conflict has the ability to be seen as political.
Charles‘ so called spider letters were a huge topic and let to much discussion about how much the heir should meddle in politics. Charles was more venturing into campaigning in real political decisions than Wiliam‘s statement can ever be.

Reactions: 3
I don't think it's what he said, it's more he said it the same week as a political vote on the matter.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.