The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If like some suggest and the Royals have an agreement with the British press/media not to print pap pics, why not? I can understand not having pics of the kids printed in the papers etc but what's the issue with a pap pic of say Kate going to Waitrose?
If the agreement is as has been speculated, the press get access to images that are at times the press will be putting out stories about the family, but the images are controlled and not invasive.
Given that Kate went through having topless pictures of her taken via long lens camera in a space she had an expectation of privacy, it's unlikely she has much trust the paparazzi will respect the personal space or boundaries of herself or her children without having their access to pictures at times stories are expected being held over their heads.

There's also nothing to gain from paparazzi images of them save for a couple of minutes of entertainment for bored members of the public. Someone being famous doesn't make their supermarket shopping any less tedious than anyone else, so I can't imagine a good reason to violate someone's privacy for tabloid fodder.

Reactions: 6
I dont think it's Kate in that photo. Not saying anything about conspiracies, it just doesn't look like her and the hair looks like a wig. If it is her she looks very ill, bloated and in that particular photo quite sad.
Of course it’s Kate 🙄. Unless you think her mum agreed to drive round with a random lookalike because… why?
It looks exactly like her. Yes she looks tired and a bit puffy faced… so did I when I was recovering from surgery.

Reactions: 20
Do we really need to know when Kate is going to Waitrose? That seems way too intrusive to hunt a royal on their way to some mundane activity as it has no value in term of information to the public. It doesn't seem ethical. They are not some sort of zoo animals that need to be constantly pictured. I am glad we are not anymore in this era where celebs/royals were constantly followed.
No we don't but someone on the thread said there are loads of pap pics of them out and about but they don't get published in the UK press so the paps are still taking pics but just not printing them in the UK.

Reactions: 3
Of course it’s Kate 🙄. Unless you think her mum agreed to drive round with a random lookalike because… why?
It looks exactly like her. Yes she looks tired and a bit puffy faced… so did I when I was recovering from surgery.
That's your opinion. Yes her Mum may have agreed to drive someone or even Pippa with a wig if it would put an end to speculation!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've been wearing sunglasses on the school run this week. There was ice on my car yesterday, but the sun was still so bright at 8 am that I had to wear sunglasses.
Sunglasses are needed much more in the winter, when the sun is so low in the sky, than in summer when it's high overhead. Unless you're on a yacht or Bono or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That's your opinion. Yes her Mum may have agreed to drive someone or even Pippa with a wig if it would put an end to speculation!
But then what? Kate is bed bound and dying? What would be the end game in someone pretending to be Kate? Do you honestly believe Kate is housebound and at the point of death?

Reactions: 6
But then what? Kate is bed bound and dying? What would be the end game in someone pretending to be Kate? Do you honestly believe Kate is housebound and at the point of death?
No but I think she's dying or bedbound. I think they are possibly getting a divorce though and she can't face being out and about. This would quieten things for a bit. Lots of people commenting on news sites that that's great they don't need to worry about her now so for majority of people it has quenched the curiosity.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
There's only 1 photo? Surely they would take more than one pic, that's what paparazzi usually do, no? They are human bloodhounds at the end of the day.

Reactions: 4
Tattle is a gossip site - a place to share opinions without be drowned out by respect their privacy comments. If we all respected the privacy of folk in the public eye, this site wouldn’t exist. People need to remember this a highly dysfunctional family. Affairs, secrecy and lies have run throughout history with this lot. I don’t get why folk think they’re not capable of some of the things suggested. Yes, some people are a bit out there with their theories but is anything off limits with this family? I don’t think so!!! I’m quite cynical, and yes, I think Kate is entitled to her privacy while she recovers from whatever it is that’s wrong but I still feel something is slightly off about the last couple of months.

In other news Uncle Gary is as camp as tits and I bet he’s behind Uncle Andy when the family dinner invites are handed out!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
But why? What would the end game be? ‘Oh yeah actually Kate died 3 weeks ago so we sent Pippa out in a wig to cover it up temporarily because reasons’?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The only reason I thought it might have a kernal of truth to it is the speculation I have seen elsewhere about the fact that Kate often has plasters on her fingers/hands and that this is a sign of bulimia.

I know that neither the Sun and Daily Mail nor the National Enquirer (below) are reliable sources, but it makes me wonder if there might be something to it.
View attachment 2795092
She was looking shockingly thin even for her the last few times she was photographed around Christmas time. Wonder if Will's insistence George go to boarding school despite previous agreement he wouldn't, caused her to have an especially bad period with her eating?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I doubt it will be until June - the "first official duty to be confirmed" is just that - I'm sure other appointments will appear prior to that. It's probably hard to confirm until we get nearer to Easter etc.
They reported last week that there was no set time from when she would be back !

Reactions: 2
It's amazing to me how desperate people are for a conspiracy theory. The photo of Catherine and her mother may have been a tapped-up papparazzi, but either way, she is alive and recovering in Windsor. In terms if privacy, I think William is desperate to keep things as private as possible for his wife and children, but it often backfires because everyone takes a huge interest in Catherine - she is a huge headline-maker when she just shows up at a mediocre event in a new dress. So not having any visibility for 60+ days has sent the rumour-mill into overdrive. William needs to find a balance of giving the press *something* rather than nothing, while ensuring that Catherine can recover in private. I'm fairly sure that KPs inability to manage this correctly has at least partly come from William's insistence that no information will be provided.

Reactions: 14
The Royals are seen as a public commodity first and not like normal families, it’s to be expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.