The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do people think the reasons for Charles not giving the specific cancer other than saying it's not prostate?
I think that's to say it's at least something quite bad as prostate would be the 'best' one to get (obviously better not to get anything). If it's bladder he's got a 50% chance of living for over 5 years, and if it's pancreas he's got a 6% chance of living for over 5 years.
I think they're waiting for Kate to recover and waiting to see how he reacts to treatment because even if he lives for 5+ years it might not be a good quality of life and could be in no state to be head of state.
I think avoiding providing the specific diagnosis makes it less likely to have the media and public speculating on life expectancy or survival odds. As with your comment, it appears to be one of the first things people go to when working within speculative diagnoses, so imagine how common it would be if they confirmed it.

Reactions: 24
What do people think the reasons for Charles not giving the specific cancer other than saying it's not prostate?
I think that's to say it's at least something quite bad as prostate would be the 'best' one to get (obviously better not to get anything). If it's bladder he's got a 50% chance of living for over 5 years, and if it's pancreas he's got a 6% chance of living for over 5 years.
I think they're waiting for Kate to recover and waiting to see how he reacts to treatment because even if he lives for 5+ years it might not be a good quality of life and could be in no state to be head of state.
I think it's purely because all we'd have if he announced was speculation on how long he's going to live.

Reactions: 14
Ok so, if Kates had abdominal surgery all straightforward then why the need for uncle Gary to go into CBB, when apparently before they couldn’t stand him talking to the press. And then on the same day papped suspiciously set up? Picture emerges to TMZ an American site of “Kate” wearing sunglasses, I don’t remember wearing them a lot on a cold March morning. Are the eyes hidden because that’s not her or to hide her emotions.

Why hasn’t the UK media used the photos from TMZ. There is an article on DM about it but without the picture and comments OFF. Comments are usually OFF when there are reporting restrictions for “legal reasons” usually during court cases or trials.

There’s reporting restrictions or a gag/injunction on Kate by the royal family PR. I think it’s rubbish that the press are being nice. like restrictions were in place years ago on her leaked topless pictures published abroad but not allowed here.

As someone said the crown are being protected not Kate, the crown. Poor woman.

My other theory with the RF has been because of Andrews doings, Meghan and Harry were encouraged to make a lot of noise and distract negative press from him.
I've been wearing sunglasses on the school run this week. There was ice on my car yesterday, but the sun was still so bright at 8 am that I had to wear sunglasses.

Reactions: 23
Ok so, if Kates had abdominal surgery all straightforward then why the need for uncle Gary to go into CBB, when apparently before they couldn’t stand him talking to the press. And then on the same day papped suspiciously set up? Picture emerges to TMZ an American site of “Kate” wearing sunglasses, I don’t remember wearing them a lot on a cold March morning. Are the eyes hidden because that’s not her or to hide her emotions.

Why hasn’t the UK media used the photos from TMZ. There is an article on DM about it but without the picture and comments OFF. Comments are usually OFF when there are reporting restrictions for “legal reasons” usually during court cases or trials.

There’s reporting restrictions or a gag/injunction on Kate by the royal family PR. I think it’s rubbish that the press are being nice. like restrictions were in place years ago on her leaked topless pictures published abroad but not allowed here.

As someone said the crown are being protected not Kate, the crown. Poor woman.

My other theory with the RF has been because of Andrews doings, Meghan and Harry were encouraged to make a lot of noise and distract negative press from him.
I wore sunglasses yesterday, the sun was quite blinding on the school runs here.

Reactions: 11
I don't think Kate is necessarily on steroids. When I'm ill, my face gets puffy too. Inflammation, comfort-eating carb-rich foods and lying down most of the day will do it.

I honestly don't think there's anything suspicious going on in the RF, other than she's recovering from surgery and Charles has cancer, just an unfortunate coincidence. I don't think William's behaviour has been that weird, anyone can take selective clips of anyone, post them on the internet and say he looks drunk / stressed / high or whatever.

Some of the theories being peddled in the European/US press are mad and i honestly think they're all being pushed by journalists who are young and haven't yet experienced the more frequent health problems and tiredness that are a part and parcel of incipient middle age and old age.

Reactions: 25
I don’t believe the ‘respect’ line bring spouted by British media, has to be injunction or something. They wouldn’t miss opportunity to get clicks etc.

Reactions: 22
The British media have always been fairly consistent with pap photos of the royals though. I’ve seen tonnes of photos of them out nd about especially with the kids that have never been published in the UK, there’s just been articles like now “Kate spotted shopping with the kids after school” but not actually publishing the photos.

Reactions: 13
She looks how she looked at Harry and Meghan’s wedding or in the polo photos from that summer not long after she’d had Louis to me. She was a little fuller in the face post pregnancy and I always thought it suited her so much.

That being said I think a lot of it is probably the long lense and sheer zooming in on her face, it’s so grainy it’s hard to really tell

Reactions: 3
She has been in the public eye for twenty years and thirteen of those married. She has been seen with a plaster maybe around ten times. In other words 10 times in 13 years.

And many times those plasters are on her thumb. That's not the place for it.

People should stop spreading that BS.
Aye maybe she's just a clumsy mare

Reactions: 4
Photo of kate is by backgrid...they are who you arrange pap walks with.. she rang them basically 😂

Reactions: 8
I think the UK press isn’t printing that image because she’s bloated from steroids (this fits abdominal surgery), and the vast majority of the country aren’t in on the “where is Kate?” Conspiracy.

It’s easy to forget that online we live in echo chambers. I only know that where’s Kate is even a thing because of this forum. I don’t know anyone else who knows this is even a thing to be honest.

For the average Joe, I think there would be a fair amount of “what the duck are you doing?” If they printed pap shots of her looking a bit shite after major surgery when they’ve asked for privacy. The UK press is a bit more conscious of these things after Diana died. And there was also a major public backlash with the Nicola Bulley case where people online got a bit frantic with conspiracy theories… I don’t think they’ve been told not to say or print anything, I think they’re just giving it a wide birth because of the general public opinion that she should be allowed to be ill in peace.

Also, the people on Twitter speculating it’s not her because she doesn’t have the beauty spot seem to be forgetting there comparing a doctored image that’s had the grain removed, and that it’s been removed in that process… 🙈

Reactions: 12
I think the UK press isn’t printing that image because she’s bloated from steroids (this fits abdominal surgery), and the vast majority of the country aren’t in on the “where is Kate?” Conspiracy.

It’s easy to forget that online we live in echo chambers.
I only know that where’s Kate is even a thing because of this forum. I don’t know anyone else who knows this is even a thing to be honest.

For the average Joe, I think there would be a fair amount of “what the duck are you doing?” If they printed pap shots of her looking a bit shite after major surgery when they’ve asked for privacy. The UK press is a bit more conscious of these things after Diana died. And there was also a major public backlash with the Nicola Bulley case where people online got a bit frantic with conspiracy theories… I don’t think they’ve been told not to say or print anything, I think they’re just giving it a wide birth because of the general public opinion that she should be allowed to be ill in peace.

Also, the people on Twitter speculating it’s not her because she doesn’t have the beauty spot seem to be forgetting there comparing a doctored image that’s had the grain removed, and that it’s been removed in that process… 🙈
You're living in a bubble if you think a lot of people aren't discussing it

"Online" - everybody is online these days, it's not the early 00's. Even your parents get sent memes about this sort of thing.

Reactions: 3
If like some suggest and the Royals have an agreement with the British press/media not to print pap pics, why not? I can understand not having pics of the kids printed in the papers etc but what's the issue with a pap pic of say Kate going to Waitrose?

Reactions: 1
You're living in a bubble if you think a lot of people aren't discussing it

"Online" - everybody is online these days, it's not the early 00's. Even your parents get sent memes about this sort of thing.
Echo chambers aren’t just online, they’re in the real world too. We all live in them. Maybe mine is that no one gives a tit and believes that shes had surgery and that’s it, and maybe yours is that this is really interesting and where the hell is she? 😂 neither is right or wrong, we just know different folks with different strokes :) Personally I love the fake ones like for the fringe, some of them are very funny.

But really, an insane amount of people don’t even know who the Prime Minister is. This really isn’t something everyone is discussing. Some people definitely are, I’m not denying that. I just don’t think it’s this huge sensation sweeping the country because many, many people are like “she’s had surgery and now is resting 🤷🏻‍♀️”.

Reactions: 10
I dont think it's Kate in that photo. Not saying anything about conspiracies, it just doesn't look like her and the hair looks like a wig. If it is her she looks very ill, bloated and in that particular photo quite sad.

Reactions: 4
I dont think it's Kate in that photo. Not saying anything about conspiracies, it just doesn't look like her and the hair looks like a wig. If it is her she looks very ill, bloated and in that particular photo quite sad.
It's really obviously her and, yes, she looks ill because she is ill.

Reactions: 20
If like some suggest and the Royals have an agreement with the British press/media not to print pap pics, why not? I can understand not having pics of the kids printed in the papers etc but what's the issue with a pap pic of say Kate going to Waitrose?
Do we really need to know when Kate is going to Waitrose? That seems way too intrusive to hunt a royal on their way to some mundane activity as it has no value in term of information to the public. It doesn't seem ethical. They are not some sort of zoo animals that need to be constantly pictured. I am glad we are not anymore in this era where celebs/royals were constantly followed.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.