The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No but I think she's dying or bedbound. I think they are possibly getting a divorce though and she can't face being out and about. This would quieten things for a bit. Lots of people commenting on news sites that that's great they don't need to worry about her now so for majority of people it has quenched the curiosity.
Sorry that should have read 'No I don't think she's dying or bedbound' typing on the go 🙈
---
But why? What would the end game be? ‘Oh yeah actually Kate died 3 weeks ago so we sent Pippa out in a wig to cover it up temporarily because reasons’?
I dont think she died or is in a coma. I think she can't face the public for some reason either due to altered appearance or that they are to announce divorce. Something is off.
---
But why? What would the end game be? ‘Oh yeah actually Kate died 3 weeks ago so we sent Pippa out in a wig to cover it up temporarily because reasons’?
I dont think she died or is in a coma. I think she can't face the public for some reason either due to altered appearance or that they are to announce divorce. Something is off.

Reactions: 12
They reported last week that there was no set time from when she would be back !
That's odd as last week they said she would be out of action until after Easter which was the original statement in January. I clearly have missed another statement.

Reactions: 3
My SIL had (abdominal) surgery shortly after Kate did and she’s up and about but clearly (and visibly) in discomfort. SIL’s progress has been pretty much exactly what her nurse told her it would be! It’s not like Kate’s even been out of action longer than they said she would be…

Reactions: 13
There is no reasoning with some people. People wanted "proof of life" and now that they got a photo of Kate with her Mum it's a body double 😂 I never realised there are so many conspiracy theorists out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think the big thing to consider as well as this isn’t going to back to a desk job that you can do from home with a hot water bottle if you’re in pain or discomfort. They knew from the start when she returned every single move will be under scrutiny, any wince or decline to take part in an activity. I would imagine she won’t want to get back until she knows she as close to 100% as she can be. I imagine by now she’s moving about etc, not bed bound, but I can’t blame her for wanting extra time

Also it’s only 3 months. 3 months out of a lifetime of being a royal isn’t much to ask

Reactions: 26
I mean they literally said „unlikely to return till after Easter“ and she „wishes to apologise to all those concerned for the fact that she has to postpone her upcoming engagements. She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible.”
Everything else was via unnamed sources, so either true or made up. They never said she would be back Easter but that the earliest she would be back (with a probably very tiny workload) would be after Easter. The idea that she would step out Easter Sunday and than have 5 engagement per week is crazy. Kate is seen twice a week tops (on average). And just because her appearance around Trooping is stated doesn’t mean she will. Her recovery might take longer or she will experience something else then. And could also be that we will see her doing 1 or two things between Easter and Trooping. Or maybe no public engagements but more going up do office work. A photo of a work meeting in KP? What about her think tank thingy group that was hailed as the biggest impact moment some time ago? Lots of possibilities for her to go back to work without leaving KP.

Reactions: 8
Those shouting ‘where is Kate’ and ‘tell us what’s wrong’ are probably the same hysterical people who were howling at Diana’s funeral. William is probably mindful at the memory of grieving, yet those who didn’t know her couldn’t keep their emotions in check. He clearly wants to protect his family.
Two members of my family are going through big illnesses atm and it’s stressful and a worrying time. I don’t know how I’d deal with everything plus all the scrutiny and public interest. Some of the speculation and conspiracy theories are off the charts. Some funny but most bonkers.

Reactions: 21
She’ll take as long as she needs. She hardly has to worry about statuary sick pay does she!

Reactions: 10
She was looking shockingly thin even for her the last few times she was photographed around Christmas time. Wonder if Will's insistence George go to boarding school despite previous agreement he wouldn't, caused her to have an especially bad period with her eating?
She's not shockingly thin. Hospitalised ED patients are truly emaciated. Shockingly so.

Reactions: 20
I knew there was something all this speculation reminded me of

View attachment 2797087
😂😂😂

Reading all these rumours/conspiracy theories this is my (batsh*t crazy and totally made up) take on things.

During a row between the boring bit between Christmas and New year a drunken Wills and Kate had and argument over whether to have party poppers at New Year or not (and he had left it too late to purchase eco sustainable ones from Amazon). The argument ended in the sad demise of Princess Catherine of Wales and in a panic (a la Eastenders style) Kate is now buried under the floorboards at the in house cafe at Windsor castle. The last few months they have been training Kate’s body double to be the Queen in waiting. New Kate has been having plastic surgery to look more and more like OG Kate (hence the puffy face and sunglasses in the photo) and the pap photo of her in the car was a ‘soft’ launch 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sorry that should have read 'No I don't think she's dying or bedbound' typing on the go 🙈
---

---

All this specuation is absolutely crazy , if any of us had life threatening illness would our brother have gone skiing and our sister be seen in St barts, and also she is entitled to have time off , if any of us had surgery that required 6 wks off we d take it just we don't live in the public eye , I think she's right to take this break while she can , she doesn't have an ED she is perfectly normal and people should be championing how actual normal and lovely she is ,a great mother wife sister daughter we are lucky to have such a lovely princess and we wish her well and speedy recovery .

Reactions: 10
I think the big thing to consider as well as this isn’t going to back to a desk job that you can do from home with a hot water bottle if you’re in pain or discomfort. They knew from the start when she returned every single move will be under scrutiny, any wince or decline to take part in an activity. I would imagine she won’t want to get back until she knows she as close to 100% as she can be. I imagine by now she’s moving about etc, not bed bound, but I can’t blame her for wanting extra time

Also it’s only 3 months. 3 months out of a lifetime of being a royal isn’t much to ask
Good point. It might not seem like work to many, but the PoW has to stand up straight, walk (in heels usually), shake hands with people, smile, and make small talk. Impossible if you have abdominal pain. Remember how she also had to stop doing this stuff when she was pregnant because she was vomiting all the time? This isn't so different and because she has such poise and posture, everyone would notice if she was slow and wincing - not to mention that it would be taking attention from the people who she would be meeting and honouring.

Reactions: 14
If she did / does have an ED and required help for it there wouldn’t be a set return , what happens then? It’s not like in days of yore when they could hide people away that fell short of royal approval, look how fickle public opinion of her is based on one pic where’s she’s gained a few pounds.

Reactions: 2
---

---

Any photos of her not looking impeccable will be trotted out for the next 40+ years. I'd avoid being seen in public under those circumstances as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She looks to me like she is/has been on steroids. I can fully understand her not wanting to make any public appearances until she’s completely back to “normal”
Anyone remember when she left hospital with new born George, and all the press homing in on her post birth tummy?
I think I’d become a recluse with that level of attention on me!

Reactions: 12
Sunglasses are needed much more in the winter, when the sun is so low in the sky, than in summer when it's high overhead. Unless you're on a yacht or Bono or something.
Tbh, if I was feeling and looking like tit (not that Kate ever does but you know what I mean) and was recovering from major surgery and I thought people might see me, I’d wear big sunnies too.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.