The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few weeks ago the headlines were Harry and Meg jet off to the Bob Marley premier after Charles cancer diagnosis! Well his wife’s buggering off abroad and it’s being said it’s because she deserves a break after doing 13 engagements since Christmas. The hypocrisy is rife. Apparently, Camilla has a holiday at this time, every year. She returns to work just before International Women’s Day. She hasn’t got any engagements because this holiday is a yearly event for her.
I can’t see how the situations are in any way similar unless Camilla is planning to sell stories to the press/make money off merch/release a memoir etc while she’s on her week long holiday?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Genuine question, do Anne’s children do public events? I know Beatrice and Eugenie do some. I know Anne chose not to have Prince/Princess titles for the kids, which I’m a bit 50/50 with. They obviously receive some royal privileges. They’ll earn or gain off their connections to the more senior royals so really, have the title or keep your distance from the freebies. They all enjoyed the F1 this past few days. I’d say they were there as “guests”! I doubt they paid for much. I like Zara, she’s always seemed quite happy and well adjusted. I’m not keen on her husband. And Peter, you rarely see. I agree with you @Boring Monday the PR department needs some new faces. Really not endearing themselves to the public right now.
---
I can’t see how the situations are in any way similar unless Camilla is planning to sell stories to the press/make money off merch/release a memoir etc while she’s on her week long holiday?
If Camilla wants to be “Queen” rather than “Queen Consort” then she needs to act like one. QE must be flipping over 100 mph in her grave with these lot. They’re bloody lazy and it’s not just Workshy Willy people are getting at now.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Genuine question, do Anne’s children do public events?
Not royal engagements, no. Any royal event they attend it is as family members, not as employees as such. They don’t even pop up to represent at garden parties like the York girls do.

Peter used to work in F1 many years ago so I imagine he still has connections to get him access but it’s up to the teams who they invite. I think Fergie & Eugenie were guests of McLaren, not sure about Zara, Mike & Peter.

Reactions: 7
f Camilla wants to be “Queen” rather than “Queen Consort” then she needs to act like one. QE must be flipping over 100 mph in her grave with these lot. They’re bloody lazy and it’s not just Workshy Willy people are getting at now.
Camilla will always be Queen Consort. That is the title for the wife of the King. Queen is the title of a woman who inherited the Crown.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not royal engagements, no. Any royal event they attend it is as family members, not as employees as such. They don’t even pop up to represent at garden parties like the York girls do.

Peter used to work in F1 many years ago so I imagine he still has connections to get him access but it’s up to the teams who they invite. I think Fergie & Eugenie were guests of McLaren, not sure about Zara, Mike & Peter.
Anne was very determined that her children lead 'normal' lives, be employed, and not ride on their ancestry - hence declining any titles for them. Andrew was the opposite and wanted his daughters to be working royals. Those two absolutely butt heads and are only civil in public for the sake of their family.

Reactions: 16
Genuine question, do Anne’s children do public events? I know Beatrice and Eugenie do some. I know Anne chose not to have Prince/Princess titles for the kids, which I’m a bit 50/50 with. They obviously receive some royal privileges. They’ll earn or gain off their connections to the more senior royals so really, have the title or keep your distance from the freebies. They all enjoyed the F1 this past few days. I’d say they were there as “guests”! I doubt they paid for much. I like Zara, she’s always seemed quite happy and well adjusted. I’m not keen on her husband. And Peter, you rarely see. I agree with you @Boring Monday the PR department needs some new faces. Really not endearing themselves to the public right now.
---

If Camilla wants to be “Queen” rather than “Queen Consort” then she needs to act like one. QE must be flipping over 100 mph in her grave with these lot. They’re bloody lazy and it’s not just Workshy Willy people are getting at now.
The Royals have always been like this though. They never work 5 days a week and never have. Couple of engagements, even 2 or 3 in the same day, take the rest of the week off. It is only so noticeable now as there are so few of them and the spotlight is really on them and people are starting to realise. Hence Camilla always has had this week off with nobody noticing before. If they are paying a fortune for PR though, I think they need to look what they are getting for the money,it is a really bad look to have Camilla jetting off by private jet,who thought that was a good idea?

Reactions: 13
---

Anne’s children would never be Prince/ess because as the children of a daughter of the monarch they are only entitled to the title stylings of their father. Only (old refrain) the children of sons have the Prince/ss ability. Anne and Mark refused a title for him, so Peter and Zara were styled as ‘commoners’. Edward and Sophie don’t use the styling for Louise and James, but if they decide they want to become Prince/ss then they can.
(If Princess Margaret had had her children while her dad was still alive, they would still just have the stylings they do now, not Prince/ss. In the same way, should Charlotte ever have children they would only be eligible for the stylings of her spouse).

(Camilla is Queen Consort, because she is the wife of the king. Whether she is called just Queen or not is neither here nor there. There is Queen consort or Queen Regent, who is the one who ascended the throne).

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
---

Don't you know the difference in Queen and Queen Consort?
Camilla is Her Majesty the Queen
Consort only means Queen by marriage, its not a lesser role or something.

Reactions: 10
I initially supported the idea of the slimmed down monarchy, but it's obviously gone to tit now. Charles said that only he and his children & grandchildren would be on the balcony from now on. But 50% of his children emigrated. It only took for Kate becoming ill for William to be indisposed much of the time, so now the whole generation of the family that is working age is virtually absent. Anne is a hard worker, God bless her, but she can't hold up the entire royal events diary and she's getting old.

Andrew is immensely unpopular and Edward is stepping back. There have been rumours about him looking ill for a few years now. KC obviously has cancer, and it's natural that would take a toll on Camilla. All in all, Anne is the only working royal left unscathed. The older generation are really too old to have assumed they could do it all themselves, and of the middle generation, there are only Wills and Kate, so if something goes wrong for one of them, it's a massive burden on the other. And of course the younger generation are all children.

Having fewer working royals has really backfired.

Reactions: 21
Reddit is where it is at this week. Kate, kids, parents and sister havent been seen in 58 days. The pippa pics in St Barths are apparently old. Camilla now also out of site. As is Edward. Also Irish Presindent!. They are off to their bunkers or worse. Yer man kills himself and a Rothschild is also dead...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I initially supported the idea of the slimmed down monarchy, but it's obviously gone to tit now. Charles said that only he and his children & grandchildren would be on the balcony from now on. But 50% of his children emigrated. It only took for Kate becoming ill for William to be indisposed much of the time, so now the whole generation of the family that is working age is virtually absent. Anne is a hard worker, God bless her, but she can't hold up the entire royal events diary and she's getting old.

Andrew is immensely unpopular and Edward is stepping back. There have been rumours about him looking ill for a few years now. KC obviously has cancer, and it's natural that would take a toll on Camilla. All in all, Anne is the only working royal left unscathed. The older generation are really too old to have assumed they could do it all themselves, and of the middle generation, there are only Wills and Kate, so if something goes wrong for one of them, it's a massive burden on the other. And of course the younger generation are all children.

Having fewer working royals has really backfired.
Edward is not stepping back and they were only just made Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh so Charles wouldn’t have done that if Edward was going to step back.

Reactions: 14
My conspiracy theory is that Kate had a medical emergency that took everyone by surprise and had to be dealt with immediately, and that Charles had a planned procedure for a benign condition that showed up something more serious in further testing <reaches for tin foil>

surely Camilla flitting off for a week when Charles is in the middle of chemo puts pay to the Pippa wouldn’t frolic in the surf if Kate was really poorly arguments?

i just think it’s highlighted a couple of things … that the working royal roster has been slimmed down out of circumstance rather than anything else and no actual thought given to how it works in practice and that KP really need to look at their PR. Not saying that it Needs to be a blow by blow account or that they should divulge anything they don’t want to … but not sounding like a sulky teenager woild be a good starting point.
The slimmed working roster can work if William did more. Fair enough the first week Kate was off he can have a week off, but he’s had more time off for her illness than most men get for paternity leave. He could have focused all of his engagements to be in the local area for her first few weeks of recovery so that he’s close to home and now she’s coming out the other side go back to normal up and down the country work. The public would have asked about her and he can give reassuring messages that she’s okay and doing well, some generic cute comments about the kids helping care for her. As bad as it sounds, they could have turned her surgery into some PR spin but instead William decided to do nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
What will happen to Camilla if/when Charles dies (first) ? Will she still be a working royal?
Depends what she wants and how old she is. She will be referred to as Queen Camilla as Kate will be The Queen as William will be The King. Officially she will be a Queen Dowager to Kate's Queen Consort. The last Queen Consort to become a Queen Dowager was Queen Adelaide, consort of William IV, as Queens Alexandra, Mary and Elizabeth were all Queens Mother as mother of the monarch though only Elizabeth used it as part of her title because she and her daughter had the same name. Camilla may well keep up her special interests such as literacy and domestic abuse support.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.