The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Camilla gone on holiday or an unexpected break that required appearances to be cancelled ?

Reactions: 3
What IF there is some truth to the rumours it's terminal. Let's say for example Kate had a hysterectomy and was due to have it later this year. Then during the prostate treatment they found the cancer and could see it was bad. It would make sense that Kate's surgery was immediately brought forward to ensure she is up to full health if god forbid the King passes or is too sick to carry out any duties and passes it all to William.

Would make sense given the sudden clearance of Kate's and Will's diary. It could have been due months from now but given the King's diagnosis brought immediately forward hence the suddenness of it all.
That makes sense. Much more realistic than all the Twitter stuff. Would explain William struggling as well.

Reactions: 11
Diana also did place a heavy burden on William as a child, pouring out her heart to him, sobbing, and also having histrionics that he witnessed. She also went ahead with her vendetta against Charles at times when William begged her not to. So if a child didn't come out of that traumatised I would be surprised.
We don’t actually know that happened though. It sounds like what was shown on The Crown and a lot of that is artistic license. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: 2
We don’t actually know that happened though. It sounds like what was shown on The Crown and a lot of that is artistic license. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.
It was well documented before The Crown was even made. Lots of royal correspondents and people like Ken Wharf all have said that was the dynamic of their relationship. William telling Diana it would ok and he'd look after her. He apparently shielded Harry from a lot of the stuff that went on. Diana herself told of an incident were she was crying in a bathroom and William was giving her tissues under the door.

Reactions: 25
I do have to giggle that Meghan Markle has had conspiracy theories floating around her for ages and those have also not been hidden in some weird corner of the internet, but the moment it starts happening to Kate people are up in arms about it
---
Do we think Charles has gone with her or does ‘her family’ refer to her children.
Don't they basically live apart from each other as it is? Makes me doubt they'd do anything together unless it was related to a public thing

Reactions: 18
Please God, end this soap opera. Give the money, palaces, jewellery and uk sanity back to the people. Feudalism needs to end.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Diana also did place a heavy burden on William as a child, pouring out her heart to him, sobbing, and also having histrionics that he witnessed. She also went ahead with her vendetta against Charles at times when William begged her not to. So if a child didn't come out of that traumatised I would be surprised.
That is such child abuse. Diana was the perfect saintly mother of course - didn't she admit to basically having William as her confidante and she'd cry over her lovers and Charles to William, and he'd often shove tissues under the door for her?

My mom did the same thing. It did indeed duck me up. Add in an acrimonious divorce and it'll make things even worse.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
It was well documented before The Crown was even made. Lots of royal correspondents and people like Ken Wharf all have said that was the dynamic of their relationship. William telling Diana it would ok and he'd look after her. He apparently shielded Harry from a lot of the stuff that went on. Diana herself told of an incident were she was crying in a bathroom and William was giving her tissues under the door.
Thanks for the clarification!

Reactions: 4
I do have to giggle that Meghan Markle has had conspiracy theories floating around her for ages and those have also not been hidden in some weird corner of the internet, but the moment it starts happening to Kate people are up in arms about it
---

Don't they basically live apart from each other as it is? Makes me doubt they'd do anything together unless it was related to a public thing
No, they live together. She has kept her own house so she has somewhere to entertain family and friends away from all the protocol. Her daughter has a house not far from me, she and the king visit there every now and then. It's a handy stop off on the way to Balmoral and very private.

Reactions: 14
That is such child abuse. Diana was the perfect saintly mother of course - didn't she admit to basically having William as her confidante and she'd cry over her lovers and Charles to William, and he'd often shove tissues under the door for her?

My mom did the same thing. It did indeed duck me up. Add in an acrimonious divorce and it'll make things even worse.
We've had psychologists on another unrelated thread who mentioned three words. One means that you basically become your parents parent and the other sounded something like emotional incest which definitely sounded like the Di and William dynamic.

Reactions: 7
Half in, half out works when it’s the preferred members then! 😂
Camilla isn’t making money off of being royal in Hollywood, which is what Harry and Meghan demanded. It was also her intention from the off, considering they were trying to make deals before they were even engaged.

Reactions: 19
Charles is still planning to go to Australia this year apparently so is expecting to recover. If it was in doubt I don’t think they would comment one way or the other

Reactions: 5
A few weeks ago the headlines were Harry and Meg jet off to the Bob Marley premier after Charles cancer diagnosis! Well his wife’s buggering off abroad and it’s being said it’s because she deserves a break after doing 13 engagements since Christmas. The hypocrisy is rife. Apparently, Camilla has a holiday at this time, every year. She returns to work just before International Women’s Day. She hasn’t got any engagements because this holiday is a yearly event for her.

Reactions: 20
Charles is still planning to go to Australia this year apparently so is expecting to recover. If it was in doubt I don’t think they would comment one way or the other
My conspiracy theory is that Kate had a medical emergency that took everyone by surprise and had to be dealt with immediately, and that Charles had a planned procedure for a benign condition that showed up something more serious in further testing <reaches for tin foil>

surely Camilla flitting off for a week when Charles is in the middle of chemo puts pay to the Pippa wouldn’t frolic in the surf if Kate was really poorly arguments?

i just think it’s highlighted a couple of things … that the working royal roster has been slimmed down out of circumstance rather than anything else and no actual thought given to how it works in practice and that KP really need to look at their PR. Not saying that it Needs to be a blow by blow account or that they should divulge anything they don’t want to … but not sounding like a sulky teenager woild be a good starting point.

Reactions: 22
The French ousted their Royal family, so it's not impossible for it to happen here too. If they want to keep taking taxpayer's money and living in taxpayer funded mansions, they need to earn it, like the rest of us earn money. William could cover more engagements - he has a nanny to do the school run.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.