The Royal Family #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Princess Royal isn't automatic, it has to be given by the monarch. There have only ever been seven since the title was created in 1642.

Reactions: 16
Edward looks well on his trip doesn't he. He's looked terrible the last two years so hopefully that's behind him now.

Reactions: 6
Angela Levin is trending on Twitter. She’s a disgrace and she’s a bitter, twisted old bag. But it is quite funny how the Kate stans are lining up to take a pop at her, but when it’s anything about Harry, they are so eager to believe it and share it, convinced she’s in the know. She knows as much as Lady C - which is bugger all!
Let’s face it, whatever Kates health issues are William isn’t sat at home cooking chicken nuggets and chips for his kids. He’s not mopping up a soaking wet floor after he’s showered the 3 of them. Or lining up the uniform for tomorrow. I genuinely hope Kate is in good health and it’s nothing to serious but I think it’s all a bit much to suggest he’s juggling home life and Kate is busy with paperwork while she’s waiting for the tea trolley! When I collected my kids from school today it was one of the topics that popped up and the general consensus is The Royals are patronising the public with these headlines.
Thanks. I think myself to be rather positive about the BRF and the Cambridges. And I have a lot of goodwill. But I truly wonder what on Earth must be going on for Wiliam to need to cut back. Cut back on what exactly if you look at the visible numbers. What is he doing Mo-Fr 9AM-3PM? I get not doing lots of travel to be there morning and late afternoons/evenings to be a constant for the children. Taking time off while Kate is away from home. Be in the vicinity till she is recovered. But if it was indeed planned the children should be prepared for this situation to some extent. So what will he be doing? I think their marriage is solid and they are happy and content in their relationship. But I don’t think he will be playing Florence Nightingale while the kids are at school. Sadly, part of me think this is a great excuse for him to not work for some time. Especially now, as the big oversights that happened in that area have become glaringly obvious.
I don’t fault Kate. While I would be surprised if her light workload in the last decade could be excused with the current situation, I don’t doubt the need for a longer stay and the eight weeks of recovery time. Any bigger abdominal surgery will take around 6-10 weeks for the muscle and tissue to heal and to be able to start using the muscles again properly. She surely won’t rush this and will have a good physiotherapist to re-build her core stability. The general post-natal core-rebuild courses in our general healthcare system are recommended at around 8-12 weeks after a c-section. Which would be an equivalent of bigger abdominal surgery but with a shorter general recommended hospital stay between 4-7 days. So for her to do more physical work on her core after eight weeks and being up and able to longer standing and walking sessions without having to take pain in the evening afterwards seems like a reasonable timeline. An operation at the bowl can easily mean a 14-17 day stay. Infection is a massive risk here. So I am not too sure it’s actually a big operation if it actually is bowl related. Whatever it is, I hope she recovers well and doesn’t feel pressured to reveal anything she isn’t comfortable with.
---
Princess Royal isn't automatic, it has to be given by the monarch. There have only ever been seven since the title was created in 1642.
It’s a bit of a stupid thing really. I say it’s actually a bit of an insult. Especially if you are the only girl. Give Charlotte a Dukedom for God’s sake. Obviously not inheritable. So her and Louis children will have no titles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I’ve posted about this before and got a telling off from some but I checked with the person that told me and she is absolutely 100% that W and R are still having a relationship. K allegedly knows and accepts it. I find it hard to understand or imagine but this source whose husband is high up in the forces and whose families mix in Norfolk is adamant so who knows. If it’s true then it’s very sad but like I say, who knows. I’d never have believed it if it hadn’t have come from someone “in the know”.
I don’t believe this for a second. Sorry but I don’t.
---
Well, if I was having an affair with a man that looks at his wife in public like he wants to rip her clothes off, I'd feel like a right tw@t.
Agreed. Don’t believe it at all. Firstly, Rose fades in comparasion to Kate. They are incomparable. Secondly, William knows the devastation an affair can have on a family. Third, Kate is the nations/worlds sweetheart - the backlash against him if it was ever found out would be immense. And last but by no means least, you can see how much William loves her. He may have made made mistakes in his younger days but that’s well behind them.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It’s a bit of a stupid thing really. I say it’s actually a bit of an insult. Especially if you are the only girl. Give Charlotte a Dukedom for God’s sake. Obviously not inheritable. So her and Louis children will have no titles.
I think she'd make a cracking Duchess of Edinburgh. I'm guessing they'll rest Duke of York for a generation or two after Andrew goes, so maybe Cambridge for Louis? Or what happens to Kent and Gloucester? Are they hereditary?

Reactions: 3
I think Gloucester and Kent will keep going down the male line, won't they?

With how dukedoms work could Charlotte be given one in her own right? I'd imagine so since it would be a royal dukedom? Hmm!

Reactions: 2
I think Gloucester and Kent will keep going down the male line, won't they?

With how dukedoms work could Charlotte be given one in her own right? I'd imagine so since it would be a royal dukedom? Hmm!
I *think* they their families keep the title but after so many generations it just becomes a normal dukedom and not a royal one?

---

Agreed. Don’t believe it at all. Firstly, Rose fades in comparasion to Kate. They are incomparable. Secondly, William knows the devastation an affair can have on a family. Third, Kate is the nations/worlds sweetheart - the backlash against him if it was ever found out would be immense. And last but by no means least, you can see how much William loves her. He may have made made mistakes in his younger days but that’s well behind them.
Only time will tell but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say and it will come out eventually. It was discussed again today as I was chatting with my friend. She’s been spot on with other things and I believe her. They are just different people to us. One day you’ll be thinking “that Liz on Tattle was right.” 🤣🤣 always good to have different views and be able to air them.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I think she'd make a cracking Duchess of Edinburgh. I'm guessing they'll rest Duke of York for a generation or two after Andrew goes, so maybe Cambridge for Louis? Or what happens to Kent and Gloucester? Are they hereditary?
Given the ages of his parents it's not impossible for Andrew to still be alive when/if Louis gets married. Resting York for a generation would be easy. It won't be free to hand out until George's children get married.

If William cannot see how Catherine is the future of the monarchy he doesn’t derserve to wear the crown. She gives him star power that he might not have without her.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think William's removal from royal duties is purely to avoid negative press from him gallivanting around cutting ribbons while his wife is recovering from a (likely) major operation. It's a show of 'commitment' for him to not be out and about, even if we all know he's not actually looking after the kids or keeping the house clean. Additionally I don't think they want him to have to answer questions the public will inevitably ask.

Contrast with Camilla who's out and about while Charles prepares for his minor prostate procedure. He's put out what he's having, she's fine to say he's OK,.

Reactions: 25
I *think* they their families keep the title but after so many generations it just becomes a normal dukedom and not a royal one?
Yes, Kent and Gloucester will pass down to the heirs of the current Dukes, but the HRH stops … the HRH only lasts to the grandchildren of the issuing monarch (George V in their case) and they stop being ‘royal’ Dukedomes and join the general pool with the likes of Westminster and Devonshire et al.

Reactions: 8
---

Just because he knows the devastation doesn’t mean he will not do it!! I also heard stories.. which make me believe that it is very possible that they are together… The aristocracy work very differently to us mere commoners.. It’s set up to work like this.. Married people having affairs within a set group.. Princess Ann and Parker-Bowles..Diana, was not going to put up with Camilla but Kate would.. Like Diana was the worlds sweetheart look what Charles ended up with.. Yes a man can be attracted to two women , it’s like having your cake and eating it!

Reactions: 17
I had a hernia privately and it was a same day procedure - think I was in there about 6 hrs total. Spent a couple days on the sofa and was told to avoid exercise/heavy lifting etc for about 2 weeks and then it was completely fine so I doubt even with her level of private health care it would be much longer than two days. Like others have said I think it’s bowel related because I think it must be slightly “embarrassing” for her not to have been any more specific. I don’t think there is anything embarrassing about a bowel issue to be clear but I can see that she might or wouldn’t want it known widely that she has a poo-related problem.
I guess it depends on how bad the hernia is and I 100% get C-sections are a much more invasive surgery but if it is abdominal like they say it would have to be a pretty serious hernia to warrant so much time off. So either they are lying about the recovery time or it’s a more serious and invasive surgery than a hernia op.

Reactions: 1
George will be Cambridge same as William is now. Duke of York is the ‘traditional’ second son title … to be honest, theres not many of them that have covered themselves in glory and most of the ‘free’ dukedoms have sketchy history attached.

Reactions: 4
I think William's removal from royal duties is purely to avoid negative press from him gallivanting around cutting ribbons while his wife is recovering from a (likely) major operation. It's a show of 'commitment' for him to not be out and about, even if we all know he's not actually looking after the kids or keeping the house clean. Additionally I don't think they want him to have to answer questions the public will inevitably ask.

Contrast with Camilla who's out and about while Charles prepares for his minor prostate procedure. He's put out what he's having, she's fine to say he's OK,.
Actually you raise a good point that hadn’t even occurred to me.
If William was still doing royal duties, he would definitely get asked how Catherine is at every engagement. It would put him on the spot if her recovery is not going well. If he stays out of the public eye he avoids any questions about her health and respects her privacy as she asked.

Reactions: 25
In the segment I've seen she mentioned Kate being very thin and then later went on and on about Diana's mental health issues and how William helped her when he was a kid.

It could be interpreted as Kate being in hospital for mental health reasons?

I don't think Angela Levin is in the know. It sounded as if she was making things up on the spot.
Eamon Holmes pissed me off in that interview saying "women don't know they're born" because we don't know what it is to have to go for prostate exams. Excuse me, we have to go and have a doctor shove their finger in our vagina and feel around for abnormalities - it's the exact same bloody thing. He's an elderly married man, how could he possibly not know this?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
---

With the rider I have absolutely no idea … the first and third points also apply to Charles and Diana. There are many and varied reasons people have affairs, and the other person being more attractive than the spouse rarely figures … and even being in loving the spouse is no barrier. A lot of it just boils down to ‘Because I can’.

Reactions: 10
Eamon Holmes pissed me off in that interview saying "women don't know they're born" because we don't know what it is to have to go for prostate exams. Excuse me, we have to go and have a doctor shove their finger in our vagina and feel around for abnormalities - it's the exact same bloody thing. He's an elderly married man, how could he possibly not know this?
I’m sorry what? Has he ever heard of childbirth, never experiance it myself but I can bet any money it’s more painful than a prostate exam.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.