The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Archie is going to be affected by Harry's dealings with the media around his birth to be fair. He'll be brought up to hate the press anyway. Being cut off almost entirely from all his relatives apart from Doria will probably have a bigger impact.
By the looks of it he's cut off from pretty much everyone, he's going to have a lot more issues than just the press

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’m glad someone has said this because I’ve said all along that I never understood the whole “Meghan was treated awfully by the press” narrative because she wasn’t.

Yes there were a handful of headlines that had racist undertones (the exotic DNA etc 😬) but I vividly remember the rest was gushing, in fact I remember thinking fgs she’s not the second coming why are we acting like a woman shutting her car door should be applauded.

I never saw how she was “thrown to the wolves” as she claimed, instead there started to be genuine criticism over their behaviour and treatment of the press/seeming disdain for their position and tradition

If you look back over the tours, South Africa and Australia for example, the press was glowing

There WAS perhaps more stronger critique on social media, which was partly a sign of the times, but also Kensington Palace issued guidelines for the first time ever over comments and what they would and wouldn’t tolerate suggesting that actually, the palace was protecting her from the stronger voices of critique and abuse

Reactions: 18
I think it’s all set in stone now though. Harry and his children in the states and the rest of the RF in the UK. How that works out for them all I don’t know. Very tricky for the RF to deal with Archie and Lilibet who may well show up trying to understanding their family. I can see them in years to come in something like Dancing With the Stars while the RF tries to ignore them. All very awkward.

Reactions: 6
I’m glad someone has said this because I’ve said all along that I never understood the whole “Meghan was treated awfully by the press” narrative because she wasn’t.

Yes there were a handful of headlines that had racist undertones (the exotic DNA etc 😬) but I vividly remember the rest was gushing, in fact I remember thinking fgs she’s not the second coming why are we acting like a woman shutting her car door should be applauded.

I never saw how she was “thrown to the wolves” as she claimed, instead there started to be genuine criticism over their behaviour and treatment of the press/seeming disdain for their position and tradition

If you look back over the tours, South Africa and Australia for example, the press was glowing

There WAS perhaps more stronger critique on social media, which was partly a sign of the times, but also Kensington Palace issued guidelines for the first time ever over comments and what they would and wouldn’t tolerate suggesting that actually, the palace was protecting her from the stronger voices of critique and abuse
yep. One thing Harry can’t see to grasp or acknowledge is… the press just got fed up of them. Long after the general public was done.

In October 2019 they were enjoying great press on their South Africa tour …however a newspaper had published Megan’s letter to her father earlier that month IIRC.

they set up an interview with Tom Bradby - someone who has an established, good relationship with the pair.

instead of embracing the good press, instead of promoting their cause or the tour or highlighting the continent Harry claims to love so much.. Meghan complained. About the royal family. Because they didn’t ask if she was OK. In a show of breathtaking self absorption and narcissism. From the woman who’d thrown her father to the wolves and hasn’t visited him since heart surgery.

that was only a matter of months before they left the royal family… and to be honest I think the dislike and mistrust of Meghan has only grown from that point.

it was unhinged, inappropriate and deeply unpleasant, to complain about her alleged mistreatment while on a tour. She complained whilst in Johannesburg, one of the most unequal cities in the world, with widespread poverty, homelessness and joblessness.

it was a complaint that should’ve been raised internally, but instead she abused the platform she was given to make it about herself and her own grievances.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
yep. One thing Harry can’t see to grasp or acknowledge is… the press just got fed up of them. Long after the general public was done.

In October 2019 they were enjoying great press on their South Africa tour …however a newspaper had published Megan’s letter to her father earlier that month IIRC.

they set up an interview with Tom Bradby - someone who has an established, good relationship with the pair.

instead of embracing the good press, instead of promoting their cause or the tour or highlighting the continent Harry claims to love so much.. Meghan complained. About the royal family. Because they didn’t ask if she was OK. In a show of breathtaking self absorption and narcissism. From the woman who’d thrown her father to the wolves and hasn’t visited him since heart surgery.

that was only a matter of months before they left the royal family… and to be honest I think the dislike and mistrust of Meghan has only grown from that point.

it was unhinged, inappropriate and deeply unpleasant, to complain about her alleged mistreatment while on a tour. She complained whilst in Johannesburg, one of the most unequal cities in the world, with widespread poverty, homelessness and joblessness.

it was a complaint that should’ve been raised internally, but instead she abused the platform she was given to make it about herself and her own grievances.
Looking back on it, it was just so grim. At the time it was mildly interesting. But yes we were all fed up.

You can say that about anyone marrying into the Royal family though?
yeah… it’s a major criticism of the royal family as a whole. But at least Kate never claimed to be a progressive, independent, feminist woman. The bar has always been on the floor for Kate who has barely ever earned her own money.

Meghan used feminism as part of her personal brand. She claimed to be a strong feminist, with a strong set of feminist beliefs. Yet she seemed to be willing to surrender this all up in exchange for unearned titles and a job and money on the basis of who her husband is.

Reactions: 13
Are indoor waterfalls sustainable?
Prince William is switching one on in an airport today which is the relevance to this thread!

Reactions: 4
What’s next for Meghan, the disappearing duchess?
After a peculiarly quiet 2023, she may return to acting, plunge into politics — or just keep enjoying her millions in California

I saw the article this morning and thought it was relevant to the discussion on here. xx

Just saw this: The King turns 75 – with just one son by his side https://archive.ph/ONwKG#selection-2363.4-2363.53
that woman never had any intention of staying in the U.K. I fully believe that.

There’s a lot of telltale signs that was the case in Harry’s book. He points out she “raised an eyebrow” at his home. How rude and judgemental this is, seems to bypass him entirely.

She didn’t want to stay in Nottingham cottage, that’s pretty obvious. And Harry’s describes her being in awe of Will and Kate’s apartment. I imagine that Megan, and probably Harry, were hoping for similar upon their marriage and baby announcement.

instead they were offered frogmore house. Windsor is a lovely, beautiful town surrounded by gorgeous parks and countryside. By glamorous Kensington it is not. It’s secluded and private and I genuinely don’t believe Meghan ever was interested in that.

in “Spare”, Harry wrote about how poor Meghan was hounded by paps when she went out to buy some food for them in London, resulting in her crying.

The daily Mail coverage is here;

there were a handful of photos taken of Megan, who looks decidedly unbothered, with a strategic bag to highlight how humanitarian she is. This is a very obvious PR move to me. She’s prepping the world to see her as a saviour of humanity and worthy candidate for Harry’s wife.

she is then able to run to Harry and play into his very obvious mummy issues and unresolved trauma over her death, cry about it and let him feel like he’s able to protect her like he wasn’t able to for his mum. Not only that, she uses the episode to highlight how “famous” she is, because she claims a man recognised her from suits. Uh huh.

ive seen a ton of celebs in London after living here for a decade. A ton. Much higher profile than Meghan Markle was in 2016. And I’ve never once seen anyone approach them or ask for a photo. I’m sure it does happen, but the culture in London is much more reserved. People are much more likely to steal glances and maybe try and take a photo from afar. But the reality is most Londoners are used to celebrities and most Brits are pretty reserved, too much to approach c-listers.

It’s pretty shocking when you realise how much Harry has been duped and misled. There’s no way this woman was hounded by paps on that trip. The photos are very clearly staged - you don’t see her in distress or hiding herself. There aren’t any other photographers captured by accident.

here’s a tiktok analysis of the photos;

In short, I think Meghan has really played Harry for her own benefit. Out of everyone involved in this saga, she is the only one who has come away better off.

they married in May 2019 and I think Meghan hoped to be fawned over in a Princess Diana sort of way, which just didn’t happen. I think she wanted to mimic the victim hood that Diana had when she did that “nobody has asked if I’m OK” interview. Their press was good, but the public commentary had really soured against Meghan.

there is suggestion that they’d planned their move away from the royal family as far back as early 2019, in which case the Tom Bradby interview in Johannesburg becomes even more calculated.

I think she’d hoped for a glamorous Kensington apartment, the immediate love of the masses and instead she got an old mansion in the suburbs and negative commentary. I think she thought she could break away, capitalise on the titles and fame in America, and shift the narrative and dupe the masses the way she duped Harry.

I try (and tried) to keep an open mind with Meghan. I really did. But there are just so many inconsistencies in the narratives she puts out. There are so many coming out of the woodwork, from claims she posted her ex-husbands ring back to him, to her asking to be set up with a famous British man, to the very obvious lies Harry himself unwittingly lays bare in his book. There’s very little commendable about her when you think about it, which I guess is why she has to cling to the narrative that the press were racist and out to get her. Because she has nothing else to offer up apart from her own perceived victimhood.

Reactions: 20
Why are we just going over the same old h&m topic the past few days? So tiresome

Reactions: 7
Why are we just going over the same old h&m topic the past few days? So tiresome
Because this is the Royal Family thread and they’re part of it 🤷‍♀️

Scroll past if you’re not happy with who is being discussed.

Reactions: 15
I thought H
Because this is the Royal Family thread and they’re part of it 🤷‍♀️

Scroll past if you’re not happy with who is being discussed.
I thought H and M had their own thread. It is getting boring.

Reactions: 4
love it when people who haven’t contributed to this thread at all, jump on to complain about what’s being discussed 🙄

in the time you took to type that out and moan, you could’ve scrolled on past.

Or better yet, if you’re not a fan of the H&M chat, why don’t you contribute something interesting…?
---
I thought H

I thought H and M had their own thread. It is getting boring.
peopel have already mentioned they find the H&M thread a bit intense (and it is, it moves so fast). This is a thread to discuss the royal family, of which H&M are a part of and who offer up their relationship with said family to the general public to consume…? Or am I mistaken in that the whole purpose of this thread is to discuss the royal family..?

Reactions: 17
that woman never had any intention of staying in the U.K. I fully believe that.

There’s a lot of telltale signs that was the case in Harry’s book. He points out she “raised an eyebrow” at his home. How rude and judgemental this is, seems to bypass him entirely.

She didn’t want to stay in Nottingham cottage, that’s pretty obvious. And Harry’s describes her being in awe of Will and Kate’s apartment. I imagine that Megan, and probably Harry, were hoping for similar upon their marriage and baby announcement.

instead they were offered frogmore house. Windsor is a lovely, beautiful town surrounded by gorgeous parks and countryside. By glamorous Kensington it is not. It’s secluded and private and I genuinely don’t believe Meghan ever was interested in that.

in “Spare”, Harry wrote about how poor Meghan was hounded by paps when she went out to buy some food for them in London, resulting in her crying.

The daily Mail coverage is here;

there were a handful of photos taken of Megan, who looks decidedly unbothered, with a strategic bag to highlight how humanitarian she is. This is a very obvious PR move to me. She’s prepping the world to see her as a saviour of humanity and worthy candidate for Harry’s wife.

she is then able to run to Harry and play into his very obvious mummy issues and unresolved trauma over her death, cry about it and let him feel like he’s able to protect her like he wasn’t able to for his mum. Not only that, she uses the episode to highlight how “famous” she is, because she claims a man recognised her from suits. Uh huh.

ive seen a ton of celebs in London after living here for a decade. A ton. Much higher profile than Meghan Markle was in 2016. And I’ve never once seen anyone approach them or ask for a photo. I’m sure it does happen, but the culture in London is much more reserved. People are much more likely to steal glances and maybe try and take a photo from afar. But the reality is most Londoners are used to celebrities and most Brits are pretty reserved, too much to approach c-listers.

It’s pretty shocking when you realise how much Harry has been duped and misled. There’s no way this woman was hounded by paps on that trip. The photos are very clearly staged - you don’t see her in distress or hiding herself. There aren’t any other photographers captured by accident.

here’s a tiktok analysis of the photos;

In short, I think Meghan has really played Harry for her own benefit. Out of everyone involved in this saga, she is the only one who has come away better off.

they married in May 2019 and I think Meghan hoped to be fawned over in a Princess Diana sort of way, which just didn’t happen. I think she wanted to mimic the victim hood that Diana had when she did that “nobody has asked if I’m OK” interview. Their press was good, but the public commentary had really soured against Meghan.

there is suggestion that they’d planned their move away from the royal family as far back as early 2019, in which case the Tom Bradby interview in Johannesburg becomes even more calculated.

I think she’d hoped for a glamorous Kensington apartment, the immediate love of the masses and instead she got an old mansion in the suburbs and negative commentary. I think she thought she could break away, capitalise on the titles and fame in America, and shift the narrative and dupe the masses the way she duped Harry.

I try (and tried) to keep an open mind with Meghan. I really did. But there are just so many inconsistencies in the narratives she puts out. There are so many coming out of the woodwork, from claims she posted her ex-husbands ring back to him, to her asking to be set up with a famous British man, to the very obvious lies Harry himself unwittingly lays bare in his book. There’s very little commendable about her when you think about it, which I guess is why she has to cling to the narrative that the press were racist and out to get her. Because she has nothing else to offer up apart from her own perceived victimhood.
You raise some good points! I do believe though that it wasn’t all just Meghan - I think Harry had these feelings brewing for a long time (maybe he had expressed them privately) and Meghan gave him the out he wanted.

(also nice to see you again @cee-bee, missed you from the I/P war thread)

• Heart
Certain tabloids did criticise Meghan in a totally ridiculous fashion. There was a side by side comparison of Kate and Meghan coverage showing Meghan getting slated for doing or wearing things that Kate was praised for. No doubt though the pendulum would have swung the other way at some point. Many people think that Kate (and William) is lazy but there's no longer anyone to big up and compare so she seems to be getting away with it in the media at the moment.

Reactions: 8
Saw this on instagram

Weirdly not the first time I’ve seen Diana’s portrait or photo on display in a family house. First time I’ve seen it obscure photos of other family members though!

Reactions: 1
I have always admired Duchess Sophie for quietly getting on with her duties and for representing the Royal Family so respectfully. Others could learn from her.

Reactions: 11
I have always admired Duchess Sophie for quietly getting on with her duties and for representing the Royal Family so respectfully. Others could learn from her.
Apart from the tabloid sting she fell victim to 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.