The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Considering Apple TV+ didn't launch until a year after their wedding I dont see how.
There was lots of noise about them with Apple or another streaming service which didn't get off the ground negotiating interviews and stuff with them. It started with an N, I think. Someone else may know.

They were definitely getting an Oprah interview and the Palace said no.

Meghan must have been SO pissed they peed in her cornflakes all the time with her desire to be 90s US famous: Oprah, her CBK-esque wardrobe, etc.

Reactions: 1
Not sure about that. Maybe she was only there for one hour, but it’s not like she was there as her natural self. Also, she basically had „the whole world“ watching her every step and breath. Also, it’s not like she arrives with the tube, totally relaxed. She has to have bodyguards and all that stuff, that stresses you out. Just a few aspects of why this might not be AS chilled as it seems. Also the whole preparation, just for being there one hour. Must be all drowning and nerve wrecking if you ask me.
I think it would be stressful to a woman who had a ‘normal’ job and never experienced anything like this before. But Meghan was an actress for many years and was used to all the primping and preening and people watching her.

Reactions: 6
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
Meghan was on the lookout for a British celeb to further her career away from the US, and she hit the jackpot at just the 4th(?) time of asking. Was it McIlroy, Cardle, Cole...?

Kate may have been "Waity Katie" but Meghan appeared as desperate as hell. Imagine getting Lizzie Cundy to try and fix you up 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Meghan was on the lookout for a British celeb to further her career away from the US, and she hit the jackpot at just the 4th(?) time of asking. Was it McIlroy, Cardle, Cole...?

Kate may have been "Waity Katie" but Meghan appeared as desperate as hell. Imagine getting Lizzie Cundy to try and fix you up 🤣🤣
like… why Lizzie cundy?! Of all people?!

I just think it was the perfect storm.

Harry was clearly miserable with his position in the royal pecking order and had an intense hatred for the press.

Meghan came along and didn’t get her own way and wasn’t willing to conform and toe the line.

That combined was never going to end well. For it to work long term Harry needed a wife who was happy to not be the star of the show, keep her head down and get on with it. He needed someone who could ignore the press and attention and let it glide off her back, which would hopefully have rubbed off on him.

Part of me feels however that he was always destined to marry a woman like Meghan who only exasperated his situation.

They are both more to blame for what went down than they will ever be willing to admit

Reactions: 11
I think William's Earthshot prize is gaining traction. Looked quite the affair in Singapore with a few top notch celebs turning up.

Fabulous photos of him and Queen Hannah Waddingham.

Reactions: 3
Popped by Whitehall as I'm here in London (obviously), got to see the procession to the State Opening. Camilla looks far nicer in person. That's all!

I got blocked by some of the Republic protestors at the corner whilst walking. Did not appreciate it.

Reactions: 11
But behind so I’m commenting on Harry’s mental health after his mother died - the comments that the family didn’t know how to address or act. Harry had intensive counselling which he’s said himself and in the past (pre Meghan days) also said how good and strong his father was for them.

Reactions: 2
Happy to see Camilla wear the State Diadem. It’s one of my favourite pieces.

Looking at the photos from Singapore- it’s good that Kate stayed behind. The looks of Cate and Hannah make it painfully obvious that she has a hard time looking glamorous. Kate can look crazy amazing (see the Bond premiere) but she often chooses styles that might be the current trend but don’t flatter her at all or looks downright like a dowdy stick (I am usually not touching this weight topic a lot but there no way around that she chooses outfits that highlight her frame and it’s not in a good way).

I see H is still sporting his royal medals when talking to veterans. You know - the ones that have nothing to do with military service at all but rather with being part of the royal family. I think just one is an actual military service one from his Afghanistan tours. I know that the jubilee medals got handed out to many people, including military personnel but I am not sure he actually qualified for them via his service but rather through his relations. Anyhow, it’s funny that “just call me Harry” is actually all about being a Duke, a Prince and sporting every medal be can have.

The comparison between the articles written about M and Kate is complicated if not impossible. You have to take into account several facts. M was the second on the scene and by that already in a loosing position. (1) Every woman, no matter how white, educated, perfect pedigree and angelic would have gotten torn to shreds after the initial praise. Which M definitely got. The smart, highly educated, with impressive work experience, strong, glamorous go-getter was pictured rather well against dowdy, work shy Kate, which, while has improved, will never be a great public speaker. Build up to the highest echelons only to be torn to shreds.
(2) Social Media was not as public eleven years ago. But if you were in the royal watching community you would definitely read similar stuff about Kate. Lazy, Duchess of Doolittle, spending crazy money on clothes, being unsatisfied with everything handed on a silver spoon, the ultra expensive Reno at Anmer Hall, the annoying way she bleep her clutch under her bumps (K version of constantly showing it), flashing and being an unsuitable embarrassment while represent the UK, being Will’s mattress and doormat, being hated by everyone in the family, being a social climber in the worst way, digging up dirt or gossip about her family members, faking HG, only having children to have an excuse not to work, the affairs…. It’s much of the same.
(3) the general tone wasn’t as heated as it is in the last couple of years.

H&M would have gone back to being the tabloids darlings. It’s all right though to say you hate it and you don’t want to play the game. No matter how much you thought you could. But they really love to present themselves as the above all. I strongly remember M saying she would be the first to apologise if she would have made a mistake ….. meaning she didn’t make any and therefore didn’t deserve the criticism. I think that was after the 11 private jet tours in 2 weeks. Or maybe I am remembering it incorrectly?
They could have shown some backbone and ignore the noise and carve their own way. W&K, while arguably in a stronger position, got years of negativity (online and in print) because they made the rules regarding their children. They stuck out and after 8 years people praise them for it. Endurance and having the eyes in the prize. There are ways- if you are willing to see it through. If you don’t, that’s fine- but I highly doubt that their fight against negativity online will succeed. It seems societies actually are developing backwards and are getting rougher and brutalise. It’s a completely contradictory trend to the official look of getting more liberal and open. I am concerned to say the least.
Back to H&M. Let’s hope all the rumours of a re-brand, away from the victim image are true. You can’t build lasting success on that. I think M understands that PR is not exactly showing your real self but rather building a positive received public narrative. Of course it’s not the authentic truth. H seems to have a harder time with that. I wonder if she got him in line finally or if he will undermine her endeavours.

In other notes, I don’t know why, but I so wish we will see a memoir by W with his head big in b/w and called HEIR. Can we also get a DUCHESS by M and a QUEEN by Kate? It would be hilarious. Not that I would read any of them though. Rather the great satire that social media would make of them all. Spare was pure gold in that regard.

Reactions: 10
Returning to Royal toilets and poo.

When Royals make visits in their official capacity they ask for suitable toilets to be provided. As RN vessels didn’t have Wrens going to sea until the 90s, this would have meant installing a special Royal portaloo for any visiting female Royals.

There was gossip was that the Ward Room (Officers’ Mess) on one vessel had a “Royal Turd” on display from one such Royal visit.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone been reading the news of Prince Frederick and Princess Mary? European royals usually get discussed here as well, but there’s articles coming out of him having an affair with pictures of him leaving another woman’s flat. He’s released a statement that isn’t great

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Has anyone been reading the news of Prince Frederick and Princess Mary? European royals usually get discussed here as well, but there’s articles coming out of him having an affair with pictures of him leaving another woman’s flat. He’s released a statement that isn’t great
I can’t find the statement. What did he say?

I’ve seen rumours before about their marriage.

I can’t find the statement. What did he say?

I’ve seen rumours before about their marriage.
F-YULbgXsAEyPFS?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

A few years ago there were rumours about Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel being on the brink of divorce because of an affair and they point blank denied it, saying there’s no truth to any of it. If you’re going to speak I think that’s the way to do it, Fredericks statement doesn’t deny it but just says he’s entitled to privacy.

& they don’t look very comfortable together

View attachment 2558907

A few years ago there were rumours about Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel being on the brink of divorce because of an affair and they point blank denied it, saying there’s no truth to any of it. If you’re going to speak I think that’s the way to do it, Fredericks statement doesn’t deny it but just says he’s entitled to privacy.

& they don’t look very comfortable together
They look fine to me 🤷‍♀️

I found a statement from the woman he’s supposed to be having an affair with and she vehemently denies it and has contacted her Lawyers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.