The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
William was granted a privacy that Harry wasn’t.
I don’t agree with this necessarily. You say in your post you’ve seen photos of both of them drunk so William’s wasn’t hidden or in private. As you say alcohol is legal. Harry’s drug taking was not. That is the difference between the two.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think all discussion about the RF and their lifestyle is moot really. Which political party would propose abolition or reform?
personally I think they should pay their way and stop political interference, but i can’t see a republic in my lifetime.
---

Reactions: 2
I don’t agree with this necessarily. You say in your post you’ve seen photos of both of them drunk so William’s wasn’t hidden or in private. As you say alcohol is legal. Harry’s drug taking was not. That is the difference between the two.
A Journalist set out to deliberately catch Harry taking drugs. On one occasion they tried to set him up to buy some. Both times they were unsuccessful, but in the first example, they managed to write a story about it anyway with a headline deceptively linking Harry to drug taking anyway. It was pure confected bullshite. Tabloids can be brutal and unfair.

Imagine having to live your life aware that tabloids want to catch you doing anything - legal (like drinking at a party) or illegal (like drug taking). Or imagine living life not being able to trust friends because you don’t know who your friends’ friends are. Sneakily snapped images at a private function taken with a cell phone by a friend of a friend, and finding them printed, front page, by a media organisation a day it two later.

If we saw Harry’s parting moments, but didn’t see William’s parting moments, it was very likely because a deal had been done with the media that the heir is protected but the spare is not.
---
Tbf Susan Hussey is 84. She may have been blunt and there is no excuse for racism but I do think it was blown out of proportion.

If Marlene Headley decides to change her name to the more African sounding Ngozi Fulani, runs a charity that helps African women and turns up to the event in traditional African clothes, then It shouldn't be too surprising that someone asked what part of Africa she came from.

Whatever happened between the two, apologies were given and accepted.
Ngoni Fulani speaks with a British accent. The first time she told the lady where she was from it would be pretty clear by the way she spoke. To press on asking, as the lady did - the lady was either being unbelievably rude, or racist imo.

But that’s really beside the point, People of Colour get asked repeatedly where they are from and they feel ‘othered’ by it. They have said they don’t like it. They have said it is racist. We should be listening and respecting their wishes and experiences. If nothing else, it’s the polite thing to do. If you don’t honour their wishes you are just being rude, or worse, racist.There is no excuse.

I don’t think Camilla’s awkwardness is a sign of racism from what I’ve seen of the interaction in Kenya. I think she looks like she has pain. I do think she looks awkward too. But she often does. Heavens knows why Charles feels the need to drag Camilla around on tour. She looks knackered. Maybe she wants to be there, but it really doesn’t look like it. But this stuff is not coming from Meghan stans, as someone put it. Many eyes are on Kenya and the royal visitors. From what I’ve read, Kenyan’s are owed a decent apology, one like the German leader gave Tanzanians the other day. A proper apology. And many Kenyans feel they are owed reparations. As well as that, they’d like all their stolen artifacts back.
---
I meant ‘partying’ not ‘parting’

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I am afraid you have missed the point it was based on Camilla's behaviour as wellas someone else.
---

I have not used the word evil at all.
"You didn't, but Meghan stans who go on and on about Camilla somehow being racist think they're all evil because they didn't make Meghan and Harry Queen and King of the Commonwealth or better yet the UK itself. :p

Reactions: 3
If we saw Harry’s parting moments, but didn’t see William’s parting moments, it was very likely because a deal had been done with the media that the heir is protected but the spare is not.
---
Could it be Williams partying way we’re just getting drunk and falling into taxis, but Harry’s ways we’re doing drugs? Even their drunk selves are different, Harry would start physical fights with paparazzi, there’s rumours Charles had to pay one off to not take Harry to court for assault. I don’t think William was massively more protected, Harry was just a dick so there was more to write about.

Reactions: 11
A Journalist set out to deliberately catch Harry taking drugs. On one occasion they tried to set him up to buy some. Both times they were unsuccessful, but in the first example, they managed to write a story about it anyway with a headline deceptively linking Harry to drug taking anyway. It was pure confected bullshite. Tabloids can be brutal and unfair.

Imagine having to live your life aware that tabloids want to catch you doing anything - legal (like drinking at a party) or illegal (like drug taking). Or imagine living life not being able to trust friends because you don’t know who your friends’ friends are. Sneakily snapped images at a private function taken with a cell phone by a friend of a friend, and finding them printed, front page, by a media organisation a day it two later.

---

Ngoni Fulani speaks with a British accent. The first time she told the lady where she was from it would be pretty clear by the way she spoke. To press on asking, as the lady did - the lady was either being unbelievably rude, or racist imo.

But that’s really beside the point, People of Colour get asked repeatedly where they are from and they feel ‘othered’ by it. They have said they don’t like it. They have said it is racist. We should be listening and respecting their wishes and experiences. If nothing else, it’s the polite thing to do. If you don’t honour their wishes you are just being rude, or worse, racist.There is no excuse.

I don’t think Camilla’s awkwardness is a sign of racism from what I’ve seen of the interaction in Kenya. I think she looks like she has pain. I do think she looks awkward too. But she often does. Heavens knows why Charles feels the need to drag Camilla around on tour. She looks knackered. Maybe she wants to be there, but it really doesn’t look like it. But this stuff is not coming from Meghan stans, as someone put it. Many eyes are on Kenya and the royal visitors. From what I’ve read, Kenyan’s are owed a decent apology, one like the German leader gave Tanzanians the other day. A proper apology. And many Kenyans feel they are owed reparations. As well as that, they’d like all their stolen artifacts back.
---
I meant ‘partying’ not ‘parting’
BIB - by his own admission that's not exactly difficult, in his book he tells us he's a frequent dabbler.

Reactions: 7
Tbh I always thought Harry included the Spencer’s in things like the birth announcement and Archie’s christening just to further position himself as angel Diana’s son. I don’t know what it was, it all just felt a bit forced to me at the time and a way of making him seem like the “Spencer” son at a time when they were getting hit with tonnes of backlash and negative press it felt like a PR move to me
it made me sad that he used his sons birth as a way to give the middle finger up to the press, as an opportunity to pull a “fast on” on them. Pathetic, petty and sad.

it was really weird and off at the time, with the timings not working out. It got picked up by a lot of tin foil hat wearers as evidence of Archie being born by surrogate. The whole thing was weird and I started to wonder if there was some truth in it.

then he clarified in its book; and it basically came down to him butting heads with his PR and comms. You would’ve thought he could’ve let something petty like that go, that having a healthy son was the priority. But no, he had to use that moment to make a dig. Pathetic.

now Archie will be able to read how he was born in subterfuge and to a surrogate hence meaning he’s not in line to the throne, when he’s old enough to get online. All because his mother and father had to play silly games with the press.
---
I don't think William or maybe even Charles believe they've been chosen by God. They can hardly change the family motto though. I do think William and Kate would be happy to be "ordinary aristocrats" if that makes sense. They don't want to go too far down the ladder but they'd be happy to drop the bits they don't enjoy. It would be a strange situation to be the one to be on the throne if it all goes though. All that family history ending with you. No matter how much you'd prefer a private life that would be a headfuck.
---

I don't think William or maybe even Charles believe they've been chosen by God. They can hardly change the family motto though. I do think William and Kate would be happy to be "ordinary aristocrats" if that makes sense. They don't want to go too far down the ladder but they'd be happy to drop the bits they don't enjoy. It would be a strange situation to be the one to be on the throne if it all goes though. All that family history ending with you. No matter how much you'd prefer a private life that would be a headfuck.
they can’t change the family motto, but it’s indicative of what they’ve been indoctrinated into believing, for centuries. It’s probably why Will looks so bored and stiff in engagements - The entitlement. He thinks he’s better than the plebs because he’s special.

multiple accounts say that Charles is actually very religious. Including Harry’s book I believe. I’d bet my life Charles truly believes that being monarch is his birthright and he’s special because he’s been chosen by god.

the whole coronation wasn’t a political appointment; it was purely religious. According to buckingham palAce, Charles being handed the orb at his coronation is a reminder that he owes his role to god.

it sounds dated and silly to us on this thread because it is dated and silly. But there are people who genuinely believe this stuff. People who genuinely believe the royals are special and better than others.

they aren’t just one family; they are a business and an institution surrounded by aristocracy, “men in suits”, who all benefit from the prestige and genuinely buy into it as a concept and promote it.

this is an interesting article on it;

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
it made me sad that he used his sons birth as a way to give the middle finger up to the press, as an opportunity to pull a “fast on” on them. Pathetic, petty and sad.

it was really weird and off at the time, with the timings not working out. It got picked up by a lot of tin foil hat wearers as evidence of Archie being born by surrogate. The whole thing was weird and I started to wonder if there was some truth in it.

then he clarified in its book; and it basically came down to him butting heads with his PR and comms. You would’ve thought he could’ve let something petty like that go, that having a healthy son was the priority. But no, he had to use that moment to make a dig. Pathetic.

now Archie will be able to read how he was born in subterfuge and to a surrogate hence meaning he’s not in line to the throne, when he’s old enough to get online. All because his mother and father had to play silly games with the press.
---
Disagree on that one. The cookers would have made up surrogacy rumours no matter what Harry and Meghan did, it happens to loads of celebs and it’s especially bad in this case. There are some weirdos out there that are suuuuuper invested in those kids not being in line for the throne. Some of the weirdest conspiracists don’t believe the kids exist at all even now, it’s creepy.

Sadly, Archie was always going to see crazy stuff about him on the internet because some people are just unhinged about royals and celebs in general. Hopefully he and Lilibet (and the other royal kids!) will be given support to cope with it, because it’s not really something that happened to previous generations to this extent and the sheer quantity of nonsense floating around is not something a normal person has to deal with.
---
Oh come on, William definitely would have done illegal stuff too. The media absolutely protected him. The Byline Times stuff about the media-monarchy relationship has been quite interesting. I wonder what more will come out.

Last edited:
Disagree on that one. The cookers would have made up surrogacy rumours no matter what Harry and Meghan did, it happens to loads of celebs and it’s especially bad in this case. There are some weirdos out there that are suuuuuper invested in those kids not being in line for the throne. Some of the weirdest conspiracists don’t believe the kids exist at all even now, it’s creepy.

Sadly, Archie was always going to see crazy stuff about him on the internet because some people are just unhinged about royals and celebs in general. Hopefully he and Lilibet (and the other royal kids!) will be given support to cope with it, because it’s not really something that happened to previous generations and the sheer quantity of nonsense floating around is not something a normal person has to deal with.
Let’s face it, Harry has spent most of his life having people sniggering about how James Hewitt is his dad, not Charles … and both he and William have had to tune out conspiracies about how their grandad at the very least worked with shadowy agencies to kill their mother.

Reactions: 10

Sadly, Archie was always going to see crazy stuff about him on the internet because some people are just unhinged about royals and celebs in general. Hopefully he and Lilibet (and the other royal kids!) will be given support to cope with it, because it’s not really something that happened to previous generations to this extent and the sheer quantity of nonsense floating around is not something a normal person has to deal with.
---

Oh come on, William definitely would have done illegal stuff too. The media absolutely protected him. The Byline Times stuff about the media-monarchy relationship has been quite interesting. I wonder what more will come out.
yeh, bad stuff about the kids was always going to float around on the internet. That stuff is easy to shrug off and dismiss.

but the fact his dad used his birth to goad the press? That’s pretty hurtful and says a lot of Harry’s character, or lack thereof.

It also shows just how much resentment he has for sharing his life with the general public (he didn’t want to have to let Sara Latham know that Meghan was in labour, didn’t want to give press the heads up on his ), while simultaneously being desperate for good will from the general public. It sums up in a nutshell, the dilemma the Windsors have created for themselves.

because on one hand they believe they are special and better than the rest of us, while on the other hand they rely upon the plebs not rising against that and getting rid of them, as has happened globally in the last 100 years. They know they are on borrowed time and are beholden to the people they collectively think of as being lesser.

Reactions: 5
yeh, bad stuff about the kids was always going to float around on the internet. That stuff is easy to shrug off and dismiss.

but the fact his dad used his birth to goad the press? That’s pretty hurtful and says a lot of Harry’s character, or lack thereof.

It also shows just how much resentment he has for sharing his life with the general public (he didn’t want to have to let Sara Latham know that Meghan was in labour, didn’t want to give press the heads up on his ), while simultaneously being desperate for good will from the general public. It sums up in a nutshell, the dilemma the Windsors have created for themselves.

because on one hand they believe they are special and better than the rest of us, while on the other hand they rely upon the plebs not rising against that and getting rid of them, as has happened globally in the last 100 years. They know they are on borrowed time and are beholden to the people they collectively think of as being lesser.
I don't think Archie is going to be affected by Harry's dealings with the media around his birth to be fair. He'll be brought up to hate the press anyway. Being cut off almost entirely from all his relatives apart from Doria will probably have a bigger impact.

Reactions: 13
I don't think Archie is going to be affected by Harry's dealings with the media around his birth to be fair. He'll be brought up to hate the press anyway. Being cut off almost entirely from all his relatives apart from Doria will probably have a bigger impact.
yeh maybe. I just can’t believe that at what should’ve been one of the happiest times of his life, Harry is still bitter and resentful of the media.

Reactions: 3
He’s a petulant manchild who thinks he’s superior and feels clever and superior in that: ha ha I pulled a fast one on the plebs and the evil press that killed mummy!

I doubt he’s matured past 10 years old.

Reactions: 10
He’s a petulant manchild who thinks he’s superior and feels clever and superior in that: ha ha I pulled a fast one on the plebs and the evil press that killed mummy!

I doubt he’s matured past 10 years old.
He probably hasn’t but I do always feel what chance did he have? I always remember that coffin with “mummy” on it. I don’t approve of how he behaves now but I do grieve for that little boy who lost so much so young. IMO the RF never had the tools to be able to help him with that, they don’t deal well with second sons and he was much more complex than the average “spare”.

Reactions: 11
William will also be more protected as he is the heir. That’s how the BRF sadly works.
---
He probably hasn’t but I do always feel what chance did he have? I always remember that coffin with “mummy” on it. I don’t approve of how he behaves now but I do grieve for that little boy who lost so much so young. IMO the RF never had the tools to be able to help him with that, they don’t deal well with second sons and he was much more complex than the average “spare”.
Having toxic parents and them having a toxic relationship can cause a lifetime of issues - speaking from experience.
Harry (and William) are in the position that they can get the best treatment for dealing with their pasts but it seems for Harry it hasn’t worked and he’s so resentful. He can feel sympathy for his mother and how she was treated whilst also realising she didn’t always help herself. He can be angry at the way his Dad & Camilla behaved but they aren’t the enemy. Even with his position in the Royal family, he can feel put out that he doesn’t have the same treatment as William but also realise that he doesn’t have the responsibilities and pitfalls that being the heir and monarch require - two opposite things can be true at the same time. Harry seems to believe in all or nothing.

Last edited:
I am sure it was hell for the boy. And the family probably didn’t help the way he might have needed (which is hard. You can only do what you think is right but in hindsight it
can still be the wrong thing). His problem is that he very obviously has not come to a place to deal with it like an adult. Hate the press? Have a hard think about what you will allow and what not. They could have released a note that they wouldn’t give intel or do a press engagement with their newborn. The backlash wouldn’t have been worse than what happened. W&K, while in a stronger position, got years of bad press because they made the rules in terms of their children and didn’t give in.
Hate the (unfair) treatment and rules on the family business? Find your own thing instead of making it a couple of years long drama rollercoaster.
Realise you and your wife need psychological help. Go and get it. It’s not as if you didn’t publicly praise your brother for getting you into therapy in 2016…
Set healthy boundaries. In your job and your private life. Healthy family relationships can mean having some distance.
H completely ignores that he is in the incredibly privileged position to get help and do almost everything he likes. And quite honestly, while he is in a pretty unique position in how much publicity went on around his mother’s death, he isn’t the only one. And there are many many adults who have endured much worse childhood trauma. His whining is plain annoying at this point. I am not playing it down, and of course someone not very resilient can have a worse outcome than others, but for the love of god- please whine at home. IN PRIVATE.

He hates sharing his life with the British public/press but wants them to buy his book and watch his tit Netflix shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It seems that Meghan and Harry wanted the same status as William and Kate but I actually think they would have been more successful and able to do more charity work in the ‘Spare’ position. They had the public on their side and if they had stuck it out I could have seen their popularity soar.

It seems that Meghan and Harry wanted the same status as William and Kate but I actually think they would have been more successful and able to do more charity work in the ‘Spare’ position. They had the public on their side and if they had stuck it out I could have seen their popularity soar.
I dunno.. Meghan was initially really well recieved by the media. Like bizarrely so. I used to find the articles about her nauseating.

I got the impression in Spare that Harry got social media and the press mixed up.

there were two articles that could fairly be called racist: one written by Rachel Johnston which refers to Meghan”s “rich and exotic DNA” basically helping the Windsors rather lacklustre lineage. The second was by the Daily Mail, which painted Doria as being “straight out of Compton”. Harry used a lot of the criticism from the likes of buzzfeed in his book. The one that compared (rather superficially) headlines between Kate and a Meghan. Insisting the media was out to get Meghan.

but if you actually trawl through tabloids written at the time… most of them are overwhelmingly positive.

the night Meghan was crying on the floor and wanting to die because of what was supposedly being written about her? The daily Mail ran a story gushing over her. She’s described as “the picture of elegance” with her charity visits being applauded and she was praised for recycling an Armani coat.

not a single word of negativity. Most articles about Meghan are in a similar vein. In his book, Harry struggles to mention specifics.

but check the top comments; people think Meghan is overexposed. They think it’s tacky she wore outfits costing thousands to charity events. They don’t like the overt way she is conscious about the camera and posing. None of which Harry addresses in Spare (because the criticism of her wearing a designer coat to a dog shelter is fair, and there’s no real defence for that. Better to pick up that small handful of articles that were genuinely offensive).

it’s pretty obvious to me Harry was picking up on the mood of the general public rather than the press.

I think for many people, Meghan just never came across as authentic and genuine. She sure as hell didn’t for me. She didn’t embody the traits that traditional royalists liked (demure, submissive) and didn’t embody modern traits like the forward thinking progressives like - because ultimately she got this position as a result of her husband, not her own talent or hard work.

Harry casually dismissed a lot of the genuine and actually, pretty fair criticisms of her. (That 5am email to staff - it doesn’t matter if she was catching up with a friend. It’s inappropriate to send emails at that time outside normal working hours. Many professionals will have ToRs among teams to not email outside of office hours because of the culture it promotes and the lack of work/life balance it suggests. Yet Harry just shrugs this off as being silly and nonsense. Because he’s never suffered the joy of having to work as a professional at anything).

I don’t think Meghan is someone that was ever going to be recieved well long term, and I think everyone in the family knew it. She’s inconsistent and dishonest, she comes across as OTT and disingenuous. She comes across as hypocritical, on one hand posting bananas hugging and flowers from London on her Instagram, while getting Harry to insist the press give her privacy. She acts like she didn’t know anything about his family in a lie that was embarrassingly transparent. She doesn’t bat an eyelid at wearing a £2.5k coat and £1.7k handbag to a charity visit set up for women who can’t afford decent clothing for work interviews.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
because ultimately she got this position as a result of her husband, not her own talent or hard work.
You can say that about anyone marrying into the Royal family though?
---
They think it’s tacky she wore outfits costing thousands to charity events. They don’t like the overt way she is conscious about the camera and posing.
I remember when the same comments were directed at Kate too. It’s sad that over the nearly 2 decades since Kate started dating William and Meghan started dating Harry the press and commentators are still out to drag the women down. Kate was seen as inauthentic, an embarrassment (her dress blowing up in the wind), she ‘always found the camera’ etc. I would imagine the same things were said about Fergie, Diana, Sophie (not as intense but they published photos of her topless).

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.