The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
honestly, I’m not sure I agree. I think they love the prestige and special influence and reverence they get as members of the royal family. They’ve all been brought up with the mindset that the crown, as an office and status, is the holy grail. I don’t think that’s something most of them can walk away from.

they genuinely believe they are special. Harry’s references it in their book. It’s mentioned in the crown. They believe they have been appointed by god. It’s their literal motto “Dieu et mon droit”
I just find it ridiculous that youngish people like William, Kate, Eugenie, Zara et al actually believe this nonsense, they have just got lucky. Their ancestors were brutal bas*ards who strived to get to the top of the tree by hook or by crook. William and Kate aren't particularly enthusiastic about their Royal Duties from what I can tell, it would be a massive relief for them not to have to do them and not to have to mix with the great unwashed.

Reactions: 10
honestly, I’m not sure I agree. I think they love the prestige and special influence and reverence they get as members of the royal family. They’ve all been brought up with the mindset that the crown, as an office and status, is the holy grail. I don’t think that’s something most of them can walk away from.

they genuinely believe they are special. Harry’s references it in their book. It’s mentioned in the crown. They believe they have been appointed by god. It’s their literal motto “Dieu et mon droit”
I don't think William or maybe even Charles believe they've been chosen by God. They can hardly change the family motto though. I do think William and Kate would be happy to be "ordinary aristocrats" if that makes sense. They don't want to go too far down the ladder but they'd be happy to drop the bits they don't enjoy. It would be a strange situation to be the one to be on the throne if it all goes though. All that family history ending with you. No matter how much you'd prefer a private life that would be a headfuck.
---

I don't think William or maybe even Charles believe they've been chosen by God. They can hardly change the family motto though. I do think William and Kate would be happy to be "ordinary aristocrats" if that makes sense. They don't want to go too far down the ladder but they'd be happy to drop the bits they don't enjoy. It would be a strange situation to be the one to be on the throne if it all goes though. All that family history ending with you. No matter how much you'd prefer a private life that would be a headfuck.

Reactions: 4
[/QUOTE]
Yes it would and they wouldn't want to have to live in Council housing or shop in Lidl how I would love it if they had to!!! :D

Reactions: 2
Yes it would and they wouldn't want to have to live in Council housing or shop in Lidl how I would love it if they had to!!! :D
[/QUOTE]
Never going to happen! They'd be rich and private if they could get out of this monarchy gig. Honestly, I think they'd love it!

Reactions: 3
Never going to happen! They'd be rich and private if they could get out of this monarchy gig. Honestly, I think they'd love it!
[/QUOTE]
I agree absolutely its too boring and too much work for them.

Reactions: 1
I’m not so sure about Charles but I don’t think William thinks he’s been chosen by god. If anything, he seems to have a pretty strong disdain for a lot of the ceremonial and ridiculous aspects…the photos of him on garter day for example he can only just manage to his his embarrassment at prancing around in the robes.

I think Kate would be quite happy with a life similar to her sisters, more money than they could ever spend, days spent playing tennis, shopping and having lunches. Weekends at the country home with the kids. The odd show up to a charity function or other, but no more shaking hands and boring engagements. Honestly I’m surprised she isn’t a secret republic campaigner 😂😂😂

ETA - they wouldn't even really lose much status. They would likely still be seen as "royal" at least for a good few generations and would probably still have plenty of people pandering to them

Reactions: 11
Surely if Britain became a republic then the RF would still be richer than we can ever dream. Look at the Greek 'royals' or the princesses from Bourbon Deux Sicilies, generations later the family are still using titles and tiaras!

Reactions: 5
Surely awkward at dancing and nothing to do with race.
When I watched the clip I thought at times she looked in pain - doesn’t she have mobility issues or arthritis. Either way I agree I don’t think it’s due to their race!

Reactions: 6
Hmm it would be no surprise to me that she really doesn't want to be in the middle of black folk and being touched by them. Didn't one of the late Queen's ex ladies in waiting cause a furore last year by asking a black woman where she was REALLY from. Camilla is the same class same age they probably have quite racist and dated views.

• Angry
Hmm it would be no surprise to me that she really doesn't want to be in the middle of black folk and being touched by them. Didn't one of the late Queen's ex ladies in waiting cause a furore last year by asking a black woman where she was REALLY from. Camilla is the same class same age they probably have quite racist and dated views.
It was pretty much a made-up furor.

This seems like it, like that 'row,' was stirred up by Meghan stans.

Obviously, though, Camilla is some evil racist. Totally. She who warmly talks and engages with everyone regardless of race or class is some secret evil racist.

I also don't believe the monarchy is going anywhere in my lifetime or in the Wales' kids lifetimes. Too much to deal with and too many governments to change and referendums and the cost would be astronomical.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think it’s fair to suggest Camilla may hold racist views based on the behaviour of someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t think it’s fair to suggest Camilla may hold racist views based on the behaviour of someone else.
I am afraid you have missed the point it was based on Camilla's behaviour as wellas someone else.
---
It was pretty much a made-up furor.

This seems like it, like that 'row,' was stirred up by Meghan stans.

Obviously, though, Camilla is some evil racist. Totally. She who warmly talks and engages with everyone regardless of race or class is some secret evil racist.

I also don't believe the monarchy is going anywhere in my lifetime or in the Wales' kids lifetimes. Too much to deal with and too many governments to change and referendums and the cost would be astronomical.
I have not used the word evil at all.

Reactions: 1
Tbf Susan Hussey is 84. She may have been blunt and there is no excuse for racism but I do think it was blown out of proportion.

If Marlene Headley decides to change her name to the more African sounding Ngozi Fulani, runs a charity that helps African women and turns up to the event in traditional African clothes, then It shouldn't be too surprising that someone asked what part of Africa she came from.

Whatever happened between the two, apologies were given and accepted.

Reactions: 28
Tbf Susan Hussey is 84. She may have been blunt and there is no excuse for racism but I do think it was blown out of proportion.

If Marlene Headley decides to change her name to the more African sounding Ngozi Fulani, runs a charity that helps African women and turns up to the event in traditional African clothes, then It shouldn't be too surprising that someone asked what part of Africa she came from.

Whatever happened between the two, apologies were given and accepted.
This is an interesting point as I was watching the Welsh version of Google box last night and a young lady on it was talking about how both her parents were from Pakistan but she was brought up in North Wales. She doesn't wear Indian clothing and speaks Welsh and speaks English with a strong North Wales accent.When meeting people for the first time she is asked where are you from and she replies "Caernarfon" but many people persist in asking where she is REALLY from which she finds upsetting as she is REALLY from Caernarfon and has only set foot in Pakistan about 4/5 times to visit relatives.

Reactions: 7
I am afraid you have missed the point it was based on Camilla's behaviour as wellas someone else.
I dont think Camilla’s discomfort or perceived discomfort in a video can be considered significant enough to establish she might be racist ?

• Haha
Honestly the world is going mad. Camilla is racist because of an awkward move. M&S are racist for using the Christmassy colours of green, red and silver. Next I’ll be racist because I’m eating hotpot for dinner.

Can we all as a society just chill out a bit?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
i don’t think Camilla looks uncomfortable because of the colour of the people around her. I think it’s just a combination of the fact she clearly has mobility issues herself and she’s just generally very awkward. I like her but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a particularly natural interaction from her, she always just looks awkward and like she doesn’t know how to “perform” in public

Honestly the world is going mad. Camilla is racist because of an awkward move. M&S are racist for using the Christmassy colours of green, red and silver. Next I’ll be racist because I’m eating hotpot for dinner.

Can we all as a society just chill out a bit?
I completely agree. I would never say where are you really from to someone but it's normal to be interested in people's backgrounds or circumstances. How could you get to know someone without knowing that side of them? If I met someone with an obviously Polish or Eastern European name I'd have no problem asking them about it but I would never do that with someone who wasn't white for fear of being labelled racist. It's just getting to know someone in my eyes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.