The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t wish them ill at all… but it was wrong of him to make her queen or give her official duties. If they had to marry, I think Camilla should’ve supported Charles from the background and done her own thing.

It feels ridiculous that she’s queen. A slap in the face to everyone and a brush over all the pain they caused to others around them.
I get why H is still bothered by her as the new partner at his fathers side. Not even about the title at all but rather the raw childish feelings. I think many people in a similar situation get it. Even if you wish your remaining parent nothing but happiness, and if there was no romantic drama involved, the new partner can be a constant reminder of the one who is missing. Most people learn to rationalise and accept and find ways to comfort their inner child.
So I do think the feelings of the people affected are important and valid. I don’t think a remaining parent has to build their life around their adult children though. And certainly not around the feelings of people that aren’t actually part of the story. H has made his feelings clear. We have no idea how Camilla’s children and W feel about it really. Anyone else can have an opinion but it’s really not their business. That’s like saying someone with lacking morals because they are a cheat, is therefore not fit for higher office…..
We can believe that but we would have a hard time to make a good acceptable case.

Reactions: 5
He was caught out with that lie though as the gift was an XBox console he was given in 1997 but they didn’t actually come out until 2001
What ever sort of game it was, the point I was making is that one of Diana’s sisters did that. And he may have forgotten what the game it was, but he hasn’t forgotten his aunt’s kindness.

Reactions: 8
The first photos showed her standing using an umbrella in a way that suggested it was in lieu of a walking stick.
I watched some videos of her stood up and walking about and she seemed fine.
---
What ever sort of game it was, the point I was making is that one of Diana’s sisters did that. And he may have forgotten what the game it was, but he hasn’t forgotten his aunt’s kindness.
No as he also said he doesn’t actually remember it happening it’s just a story he has been told over the years!

Reactions: 2
I thought it was that he questioned whether his mother had bought it for him before her death? I borrowed Spare from the library, found some of it very interesting, some of it a bit of a yawn. But I wasn’t looking out for lies and I wasn’t reading it forensically. It’s a memoir. It’s not a statement of fact. it’s how he remembers things.

His life is mostly public record: mainly written about by tabloids and hacks whose first concern is making a profit. His whole life. Who among us could stand up to the insane amount of scrutiny that Harry (and now Meghan) has been subjected to and emerge blemish free? we all make mistakes in our lives. We aren’t always 100% kind. And we all seek to present ourselves in our best light. There is not a person in the world that could detail exactly everything that happened in their life.

Reactions: 14
I thought it was that he questioned whether his mother had bought it for him before her death? I borrowed Spare from the library, found some of it very interesting, some of it a bit of a yawn. But I wasn’t looking out for lies and I wasn’t reading it forensically. It’s a memoir. It’s not a statement of fact. it’s how he remembers things.

His life is mostly public record: mainly written about by tabloids and hacks whose first concern is making a profit. His whole life. Who among us could stand up to the insane amount of scrutiny that Harry (and now Meghan) has been subjected to and emerge blemish free? we all make mistakes in our lives. We aren’t always 100% kind. And we all seek to present ourselves in our best light. There is not a person in the world that could detail exactly everything that happened in their life.
There was no need for him to write a book. Serves him right that people ripped it to shreds. I’ve read it and it was cringe.

Here’s what he said about the Xbox.

It was probably the drugs affecting his memory 😉

Attachments

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
There was no need for him to write a book. Serves him right that people ripped it to shreds. I’ve read it and it was cringe.

Here’s what he said about the Xbox.

It was probably the drugs affecting his memory 😉
Charles wrote a book in which he criticised his parents.

It’s a bit of a family tradition really.

Reactions: 8
Well yeah! But we’ll all have mostly forgotten them by then. Williams kids, not so much.
---
Actually that bit you posted soozesnoozes - the page from the book - he’s actually questioning the truth of the story about it being an Xbox.

So how is that a lie?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

oh yeh totally. They have an insane amount of scrutiny.. for no reason other than their situation of birth.

Harry doesn’t question this element though. He doesn’t criticise this institution which has forced him, by birth, to be up for public consumption. He doesn’t ask if the monarchy is inherently harmful to the family who keep up the tradition… when there is ample evidence it is very harmful.

he’s just pissed off that he can’t enjoy the privilege and influence and wealth of the institution, without being 1. Higher up the ladder and 2. Without having to feel accountable.

he was born with his privilege; so he sees the problem that people question it. Not the fact he was born with it.

his interview promoting the book was interesting - the ITV one. The interviewer (tom Bradby?) asks Harry, who complained about stories being written about his drug use - if him being second in line at that time, made his drug use a matter of public interest. I mean, realistically, it does.

Harry just cut him off and prattled on about the papers manipulating what the public felt they needed to hear blah blah blah. But Tom was spot on. And Harry’s word salad just kinda exposed his utter entitlement (that entitlement is a recurring theme with this family). He was happy to be a prince and enjoy all those trappings, which included access to drugs. But he didn’t feel he should be exposed to public scrutiny.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Tbh I always thought Harry included the Spencer’s in things like the birth announcement and Archie’s christening just to further position himself as angel Diana’s son. I don’t know what it was, it all just felt a bit forced to me at the time and a way of making him seem like the “Spencer” son at a time when they were getting hit with tonnes of backlash and negative press it felt like a PR move to me

Reactions: 13
oh yeh totally. They have an insane amount of scrutiny.. for no reason other than their situation of birth.

Harry doesn’t question this element though. He doesn’t criticise this institution which has forced him, by birth, to be up for public consumption. He doesn’t ask if the monarchy is inherently harmful to the family who keep up the tradition… when there is ample evidence it is very harmful.

he’s just pissed off that he can’t enjoy the privilege and influence and wealth of the institution, without being 1. Higher up the ladder and 2. Without having to feel accountable.

he was born with his privilege; so he sees the problem that people question it. Not the fact he was born with it.

his interview promoting the book was interesting - the ITV one. The interviewer (tom Bradby?) asks Harry, who complained about stories being written about his drug use - if him being second in line at that time, made his drug use a matter of public interest. I mean, realistically, it does.

Harry just cut him off and prattled on about the papers manipulating what the public felt they needed to hear blah blah blah. But Tom was spot on. And Harry’s word salad just kinda exposed his utter entitlement (that entitlement is a recurring theme with this family). He was happy to be a prince and enjoy all those trappings, which included access to drugs. But he didn’t feel he should be exposed to public scrutiny.
Exactly - he's pissed he isn't #1 and they didn't kow-tow to his whining and tantruming demanding more money, more more more more because he and Meghan were the MOST POPULAR and MOST IMPORTANT and THE BEST EVER. They wanted all that privilege in the way they wanted it.

Harry never wants to be held accountable for anything - he screams about press but he only wants press when it bends over for him, demanding it like a toddler having a fit. He wants press when it is the press saying and doing exactly as he demands, Meghan is the same. It is why he is suing everyone and involved in groups like Hacked Off/Byline; he wants the press to bend and sway to his demands/wishes.

William is the same way, imo, but has to hide it more.

Reactions: 11
Cee-bee, I agree that Harry doesn’t realise the extent of his privilege. He has said he supports the British Monarchy. But he does realise it’s an unhealthy life for its members. He said his father doesn’t recognise how trapped he is. I think it was in the Oprah interview. Harry is contradicting himself imo. I wish someone would ask him about this contradiction. I’d like to know.

Having said that I don’t think any of the RF members recognise the extent of their privilege and I think they are all pretty bloody ‘entitled.’ The emphasis placed on their ‘good works’!

I mean, where can I sign up for a job doing charitable good works and get to live in castles and big houses, and holiday regularly overseas or hunt and ride regularly on thousands and thousands of acres of private land. And Go to bed at night never having worried about paying the rent or mortgage, or having enough money to pay for the heating, or feed their kids or themselves. And be praised for it.

I saw the most insulting news article the other day (not the RF’s fault of course, but still awful and insulting) on how to budget in our lives, using royal cost saving practices. Turn off the lights, use a two bar heater etc.. I couldn’t read the whole article. Honestly I think some media think the public are idiots. This is the rubbish we are asked to believe.

As to Harry’s drug use as a teenager, what a teenager does when they were young is none of our business. I’ve seen pictures of both Harry and and William as teenagers and young men, both looking pissed to the gills. But no one has said that the public needs to know about William’s drinking because he was an heir to the throne. Alcohol is a drug. Our society generally drinks quite a lot. It’s a socially acceptable habit. It’s a legal drug easily obtainable - you can walk into a shop and buy it. Yet alcohol does more damage to our society than drugs do, because alcohol is legal, easily available and so socially acceptable. And big alcohol companies lobby and support political parties. I’m not minimising illegal drug taking, I’m recognising how dangerous legal alcohol can be. I found that whole ‘Harry the drug taker’ stuff to be disingenuous.

Having said all that, what they did as teenagers is none of our business anyway. William was granted a privacy that Harry wasn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I mean, where can I sign up for a job doing charitable good works and get to live in castles and big houses, and holiday regularly overseas or hunt and ride regularly on thousands and thousands of acres of private land. And Go to bed at night never having worried about paying the rent or mortgage, or having enough money to pay for the heating, or feed their kids or themselves. And be praised for it.
All that is standard in the rich and aristocratic circles that they move in. Their private wealth is enormous and their private estates such as Balmoral and Sandringham bring in more. Were they not on the throne in the future, all that which you mention above would still remain. Just look at Pippa Middleton, the Grosvenors the Spencers, etc.

Reactions: 7
All that is standard in the rich and aristocratic circles that they move in. Their private wealth is enormous and their private estates such as Balmoral and Sandringham bring in more. Were they not on the throne in the future, all that which you mention above would still remain. Just look at Pippa Middleton, the Grosvenors the Spencers, etc.
Colour me surprised! (I can’t find the surprised emoji) :)

Reactions: 1
I feel the older generations have been indoctrinated to accept the monarchy, and Queen Elizabeth enjoyed huge goodwill.

I can’t see gen z or beyond standing for this nonsense though.

I think the family are on borrowed time and know it, hence the inner fighting, insecurity etc

Reactions: 15
The thing is, I’m not really convinced they care that much. The Charles/Anne/Edward generation maybe more so, but I honestly think if the monarchy was gotten rid of, Will and Kate would be quite happy with a big house in the country, doing the odd bit of charity work and being able to do and say what they liked without the scrutiny, plus it would mean a “normal” life ahead for kids (normal as far as the aristos can get, they won’t be getting a job at Aldi let’s be honest)

They’d still have masses of wealth and if they wanted could easily make more millions….maybe they would start a podcast and a Netflix documentary too 😂😂

Reactions: 9
The thing is, I’m not really convinced they care that much. The Charles/Anne/Edward generation maybe more so, but I honestly think if the monarchy was gotten rid of, Will and Kate would be quite happy with a big house in the country, doing the odd bit of charity work and being able to do and say what they liked without the scrutiny, plus it would mean a “normal” life ahead for kids (normal as far as the aristos can get, they won’t be getting a job at Aldi let’s be honest)

They’d still have masses of wealth and if they wanted could easily make more millions….maybe they would start a podcast and a Netflix documentary too 😂😂
I agree, I think it would suit them very well, William would find some kind of job so not to look like a layabout but there would be no late hours or w/e work. Kate would be a lady who lunches after the gym or a gam of tennis. William seemed to enjoy the lifestyle that the Middletons have, i.e no boring duties but wealthy.

Reactions: 7
I agree, I think it would suit them very well, William would find some kind of job so not to look like a layabout but there would be no late hours or w/e work. Kate would be a lady who lunches after the gym or a gam of tennis. William seemed to enjoy the lifestyle that the Middletons have, i.e no boring duties but wealthy.
honestly, I’m not sure I agree. I think they love the prestige and special influence and reverence they get as members of the royal family. They’ve all been brought up with the mindset that the crown, as an office and status, is the holy grail. I don’t think that’s something most of them can walk away from.

they genuinely believe they are special. Harry’s references it in their book. It’s mentioned in the crown. They believe they have been appointed by god. It’s their literal motto “Dieu et mon droit”

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.