The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, members of the press enjoy warm relationships with the royal family. Penny Junor is in good terms with Charles and Camilla, Tom Bradby was on friendly terms with Harry and William etc. etc. they maybe weren’t besties who’d spend holidays together but they had a good working relationship I guess. Plus piers was friendly with Meghan BEFORE she dated Prince Harry.

Piers Morgan is slightly different from other journos in that he has come very close to the hacking scandal of news of the world, and has expressed sympathy for a journalist who hacked Prince William. He isn’t especially apologetic about it and in all honesty, is just a ball of ego and unearned privilege IMO. I wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to be on friendly terms with him.

BUT - this is a big but - Meghan was happy to weasel her way into Piers’ good books, flatter him with attention and get him in side when she was, according to Lizzie Cundy, on the hunt for a wealthy man.

that’s what makes Megan worthy of criticism, and where Piers (for all his numerous faults) has a point. She was happy to buddy up when it suited her and when it no longer did, she discarded him. In what appears to be a pattern of behaviour for her. It’s not too much hassle to send a quick text “look I’m too busy to continue with this friendship” or “I’m sorry but due to personal reasons I can’t continue this friendship” etc etc. to ghost someone in most circumstances, is pretty cruel and unkind, not to mention rude.

I get the impression that Piers was initially flattered by Meghan’s attention and friendship. She ghosted him and shortly after word got out about her dating Prince Harry - so I think Piers knew the lay of the land. So he reached out to her via other mechanisms; he wrote gushing pieces about how smart and beautiful she was. Maybe hoping she’d strike up a cordial relationship that would benefit them both professionally?
But it doesn’t appear like that ever happened. After all, Piers is probably a person non grata in the Windsor household - so Meghan had to go along with that.

then approaching the wedding, stories were being leaked about Meghan that didn’t paint her in a good light. Piers wrote a piece directed at her that looked like a warning shot. I think at this point, he’d started to take the ghosting more personally. Plus he was observing a wider pattern of behaviour: the fact she essentially ghosted her own dad too. I think that’s why he wrote that piece criticising her and took the gloves off, so to speak.
Piers turned against Meghan once it became clear he wasn't getting an invite to the wedding of the year! Sour grapes....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Harry's cold and frankly nasty 'family she never had' comment said everything about his attitude to his inlaws
I don’t have a warm relationship with my parents. They were frankly, pretty abusive growing up. They live overseas and I rarely see them.

my now fiancé wanted to meet them before we got engaged. Was pretty insistent on it. And I don’t blame him. They shaped me, they are still my family even if it’s healthier I see less of them. It wasn’t about paying them respect or asking permission. More about understanding the person you’re committing to a lifetime to. Who will be your children’s blood relatives.

I found it pretty bizarre Harry didn’t seem interested in meeting meghans father before proposing/marrying her. Is it breathtaking arrogance that he felt he knew all there is to know and Thomas wouldn’t add anything? Was it because deep down, he knew meeting potential in laws could threaten the illusion he had of Meghan? Maybe a mix of both?

in Spare, Harry called Thomas a “complicated man”. And reading it, I couldn’t understand where that arrogance came from. To declare someone you’d never met, never spoken to properly? As complicated? On the basis of what his wife had told him? The same wife with a track record of stretching the truth?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t have a warm relationship with my parents. They were frankly, pretty abusive growing up. They live overseas and I rarely see them.

my now fiancé wanted to meet them before we got engaged. Was pretty insistent on it. And I don’t blame him. They shaped me, they are still my family even if it’s healthier I see less of them. It wasn’t about paying them respect or asking permission. More about understanding the person you’re committing to a lifetime to. Who will be your children’s blood relatives.

I found it pretty bizarre Harry didn’t seem interested in meeting meghans father before proposing/marrying her. Is it breathtaking arrogance that he felt he knew all there is to know and Thomas wouldn’t add anything? Was it because deep down, he knew meeting potential in laws could threaten the illusion he had of Meghan? Maybe a mix of both?

in Spare, Harry called Thomas a “complicated man”. And reading it, I couldn’t understand where that arrogance came from. To declare someone you’d never met, never spoken to properly? As complicated? On the basis of what his wife had told him? The same wife with a track record of stretching the truth?
Exactly. Although pre-Harry all her blog or Insta posts implied she was a Daddy’s Girl.
It seems to be how she treats the people in her life - worships them until a better option comes along. Typical narc behaviour.
---
Piers was seen having lunch with Eugenie and Beatrice recently and Beatrice gave him a huge hug before she left, so he must have inns. From what I remember, they only met once but spoke via Twitter for a long time, they initially bonded over gun control and she messaged him with respect for speaking about it on American TV, then she’d send him the Suits episodes early before they were broadcast.
I saw a clip on YouTube yesterday and Piers was saying in Scobie’s latest book he states that Piers is in regular telephone contact with Camilla. Piers said “Do you want to know how many times I’ve spoken to Camilla on the telephone? Zero!”
So if that part of the book is a lie, then how can we believe anything else written in it?
Piers can speak up to defend himself. It’s not so easy for The Royal Family to do so.

Reactions: 14
Piers turned against Meghan once it became clear he wasn't getting an invite to the wedding of the year! Sour grapes....
I think he realised he’d been played and he’s determined, in a very unhealthy way, to prove her true colours (whatever those maybe)

Reactions: 7
I don’t think that’s the case …

piers wrote a pretty gushing piece about Megan and Harry and wished him a “hearty congratulations” in November 2017, shortly after they issued their invitations for the wedding. He made jokes about wanting to be invited and was pretty jokey about the ghosting at that point.

he wrote a column reviewing their wedding which was fairly light touch and jokey. It could be interpreted as being slightly barbed, but ultimately he said he loved the wedding. was he a bit salty about not being invited? I’m not convinced. For one, what reason would piers have to believe he’d be invited in the first place? He’d not spoken to Meghan in over a year at that point and had never been friends with Harry. I don’t believe there were any major media figure heads invited that would’ve caused his nose to be put out of joint.

he’s supposed to be on friendly terms with Eugenie and wasn’t invited to her wedding, so applying that logic, you’d assume he’d Be equally critical of her. But he’s know, the opposite in fact. He defended the public paying for her wedding despite it being controversial at the time.

saying “he’s just annoying he wasn’t invited” feels too simplistic and dismissive to me.

i think Piers was initially flattered by Meghan’s attention, maybe had a little crush on her. He was very publicly supportive of her long before she met Harry. On Twitter, he would retweet her or praise her. He has a big Twitter following so this isn’t a small thing: it would’ve helped her exposure to the broader British public and his 8.7million followers (most of whom have never watched her only substantial acting job, Suits)

then the penny must’ve dropped when news emerged of her dating Prince Harry, so he attempted to maybe capitalise on their association. The drawbridge was firmly up though, and other people began emerging with stories about being dumped my Meghan (notably, her own father). I think that’s why he’s taken such a vendetta against her.

she used him, he didn’t see it and maybe feels foolish and taken advantage of. He’s a smart man, and probably isn’t used to being blindsided in that way. And he probably feels extra foolish for allowing himself to made made a mug out of because of his own little crush.

Reactions: 11
Uncle Gary is in the paper defending Kate today. I'm guessing he gets the ok to do it from her but I do find it weird when it's literally her uncle selling a story

• Wow
I 100% believe Piers turned against Harry and Meghan once he didn't receive a wedding invite 🙄

Reactions: 3
I think he realised he’d been played and he’s determined, in a very unhealthy way, to prove her true colours (whatever those maybe)
I agree totally. He definitely feels wronged and wants to be vindicated
---
I 100% believe Piers turned against Harry and Meghan once he didn't receive a wedding invite 🙄
but why? Where’s the logic in that assumption?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I think it's partly that Meghan and Harry are just really infuriating. When they did the Oprah interview they had a lot of support but it was clear to a lot of people that it was all bs and it was kind of polarising at the time. To be fair to Piers he has been proven right since and it's pretty obvious to everyone apart from their diehard supporters that they're full of crap. I used to find them unbelievably irritating because I hate that kind of woe is me, victimhood bs they go on with. I'm less bothered by them now that everyone can see through them. It was more annoying that people were falling for it than anything.

Reactions: 17
No, Piers realised she’s a narcissist and hell hath no fury like a narcissist scorned.
It is very difficult because narcissist’s are charming (until they have no use for you) and then they’ll play the victim and do their level best to sully your reputation. It’s natural to want to warn people about them but because of the way they manipulate things they make you look like the unhinged one. Best thing is to ignore them but that is easier said than done.

Reactions: 10
No, Piers realised she’s a narcissist and hell hath no fury like a narcissist scorned.
It is very difficult because narcissist’s are charming (until they have no use for you) and then they’ll play the victim and do their level best to sully your reputation. It’s natural to want to warn people about them but because of the way they manipulate things they make you look like the unhinged one. Best thing is to ignore them but that is easier said than done.
Trump is a narcissist but it didn't stop Piers climbing up his backside, and this was even after we found out how much of awful person Trump was. Now that Trump doesn't like him and unfollowed him on Twitter Piers is much nastier towards him

Reactions: 4
Trump is a narcissist but it didn't stop Piers climbing up his backside, and this was even after we found out how much of awful person Trump was. Now that Trump doesn't like him and unfollowed him on Twitter Piers is much nastier towards him
No idea. I don’t follow Piers or Trump. I just know how Meghan’s behaviour comes across to me.

Reactions: 2
That's ridiculous 😒
exactly, that’s why I’m asking for your logic. Because by your rationale, Piers didn’t like Megan. Piers wasn’t invited to the wedding. Ergo that’s why he doesn’t like her.

but that rationale could apply to thousands of people. It just doesn’t make sense.

you’ve mentioned a couple of times that you think Piers is salty because he wasn’t invited to the wedding so.. I was interested in what your logic was behind that assumption. Had you read or seen something to indicate that?

because it feels like a lazy assumption, not based on very much…?

Bearing in mind Piers has walked off from live TV, bourne complaints as a result of criticism he has directed at Meghan, said he didn’t believe her on air and earned the vitriol across social media because of his criticisms of Meghan. Professionally, he lost his job because he went on air and said he didn’t believe she was suicidal. Isn’t that all a bit much for it just to be about missing out on a party? When there was never a suggestion he was going to be there in the first place? When he was making lighthearted jokes about being invited which would suggest it wasn’t hugely important to him?

doesn’t it come across as a little more personal than that? Rightly or wrongly, he has been on a crusade where Megan is concerned and I just don’t think missing out on an invite would be enough motivation to do that tbh.

Reactions: 7
exactly, that’s why I’m asking for your logic. Because by your rationale, Piers didn’t like Megan. Piers wasn’t invited to the wedding. Ergo that’s why he doesn’t like her.

but that rationale could apply to thousands of people. It just doesn’t make sense.

you’ve mentioned a couple of times that you think Piers is salty because he wasn’t invited to the wedding so.. I was interested in what your logic was behind that assumption. Had you read or seen something to indicate that?

because it feels like a lazy assumption, not based on very much…?

Bearing in mind Piers has walked off from live TV, bourne complaints as a result of criticism he has directed at Meghan, said he didn’t believe her on air and earned the vitriol across social media because of his criticisms of Meghan. Professionally, he lost his job because he went on air and said he didn’t believe she was suicidal. Isn’t that all a bit much for it just to be about missing out on a party? When there was never a suggestion he was going to be there in the first place? When he was making lighthearted jokes about being invited which would suggest it wasn’t hugely important to him?

doesn’t it come across as a little more personal than that? Rightly or wrongly, he has been on a crusade where Megan is concerned and I just don’t think missing out on an invite would be enough motivation to do that tbh.
Piers prides himself on being 'anti-woke'. There was no way he was going to go along with the Oprah interview narrative no matter how it affected his job. He's rich enough not to need the job anyway and he's guaranteed to get another. It might even have suited him to storm off and get some publicity because he launched a new show not long after. I don't think he had a vendetta against her for personal reasons. I think he just saw through Meghan and he couldn't stand her. He's probably pissed off with her now because she rang up ITV and they gave him an ultimatum - apologise or lose your job - so it probably is a more personal to him now but I don't think it started off that way.

Honestly, Piers Morgan is a walking ego with opportunism as his key career strategy.

Likely his ego got bruised and he saw an opportunity to gain attention and additional income by playing up any resultant dislike of Meghan.

Reactions: 11
Honestly, Piers Morgan is a walking ego with opportunism as his key career strategy.

Likely his ego got bruised and he saw an opportunity to gain attention and additional income by playing up any resultant dislike of Meghan.
Lots of people don't like her and he got a lot of support for it so why wouldn't he? It's actually ludicrous to believe Piers is feeling all sad because Meghan ghosted him and his hurt feelings are behind his dislike.

Reactions: 5
Lots of people don't like her and he got a lot of support for it so why wouldn't he? It's actually ludicrous to believe Piers is feeling all sad because Meghan ghosted him and his hurt feelings are behind his dislike.
Yeah I’m pretty sure Piers Morgan is devoid of human emotions. He’s a bit like Trump in that he would see someone ghosting him as their loss not his.

Talking of Piers though he has written an interesting article in the times this morning. I don’t know how to remove the paywall, sorry.

Piers Morgan: Why I named the so-called royal racists

In summary: it just sort of goes through how much Scobie lies. I don’t know much about him other than he is who Meghan and Harry use to release information. But he essentially goes through and points out how often he’s lied before (lied about his age, private jets, and other things).

Personally I do believe those are the names of the “racists”. I think it came from Meghan. I don’t believe they actually are racists though.

I don’t think I even saw this whole debacle posted on Pop Culture Chat on Reddit, which is the largest entertainment gossip subreddit. They usually post about stuff like this, so it seems even the Yanks are bored of this story now.

edit to add: I didn’t really have an opinion on Harry and Meghan before this. I was bored of their whining but I definitely wasn’t in the mindset that they’re narcs. However, I actually think Meghan is now.

I think Harry is a very damaged and jealous man. I think he really envies his brother and the relationship and family safety he has around him.

I think Meghan using Harry’s family in this way, claiming they’re racists, for her own gain is major narcissistic behaviour. Most normal partners would try to fix a rift between their partner and their family. They wouldn’t create a wider gap.

I feel sorry for the cousins in this. Archie and Lili don’t know their family. They’re estranged from everyone. That’s really sad when you consider how close the Royal Family is.

Harry and Meghan seem like two very damaged individuals who are fuelling their negative personality traits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.