The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WTF is this?! 🤣🤣🤣 a trailblazer?

He must have written this himself and self published on amazon?! The basic AF DIY cover screams cheap.

Screenshot_20231201_075810_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231201_075817_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Those bangs or ultra short layers in the front of her face are truly dreadful. A really terrible haircut for such lovely hair.
I agree - she has great hair and I think it looks best when it is shorter or straight. I wonder what she’d look like with a full fringe

Do you have a link for these?
it was in the original “burn” piece Piers did on Meghan.

he shared a screenshot of Meghan saying hi.

he quoted Rick Hoffman (but didn’t share screen grabs)

"You must understand, once I heard the news, out of respect for Meghan, I couldn't share a thing. Now I can share fun stuff! I would love to catch up at that favorite pub of yours. Hope to hear from you pal. Love you pal. Rick."

---
WTF is this?! 🤣🤣🤣 a trailblazer?

He must have written this himself and self published on amazon?! The basic AF DIY cover screams cheap.

View attachment 2603239View attachment 2603240
honestly, omid seems like such a wrongun. A strange, strange guy.
---
Until we know the context in what was said this is a none story IMO.
we don’t even know what was said, never mind context. We have some loose allegations and aspersions made by a woman whose interest lay in generating as much hype as possible for herself and her interview.
---
William seemed very protective of Kate when they arrived for the Royal Variety Performance but not surprised when the paps were shouting at them about Scobie.
… did he? All he did was briefly hold her hand as she got out of the car…?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
"You must understand, once I heard the news, out of respect for Meghan, I couldn't share a thing. Now I can share fun stuff! I would love to catch up at that favorite pub of yours. Hope to hear from you pal. Love you pal. Rick."
Thank you for the link. That doesn’t sound that scandalous, I thought it would be something bigger

Thank you for the link. That doesn’t sound that scandalous, I thought it would be something bigger
no not especially scandalous. Piers followed a few leads from suits, one of who was Meghan. She introduced him to Rick hoffman (online). Apparently it was all very friendly until Meghan started dating Harry then realised she didn’t need to butter up piers anymore for access to British celebrity. So she ghosted him and instructed Rick to do the same.

Rick came back out of the woodwork and later explained to Piers that Megan had asked him not to speak to Piers.

my guess is, she picked up on Harry’s hostility to Piers and dropped him and distanced herself as much as she could, which included getting her friends to cease contact.

Reactions: 5
What I suspect happened was a general conversation about the babies looks (like most families across the world),*maybe* some out dated language was used at most. And meghan being meghan saw her chance to twist it and dramatise itinto her victim narrative. We have seen this happen many times now (e.g. the 'car chase'). She just isn't a reliable witness and has a pattern of behaviour. Harry is just an idiot who can't think for himself.
Another big point for me is Meghan wasn’t even there, it was Harry. A guy who prefaced his book by basically saying “some of this isn’t true but it’s how my brain has remembered it so I now take it to be the truth”. Meghan didn’t hear the actual words spoken, the tone of voice or delivery, the fact Harry thought it was okay to go repeat says that he didn’t think it was bad (or he’s awful at protecting his wife). It’s just Chinese whispers started by a guy that admits his memory for detail isn’t great.

Reactions: 13
no not especially scandalous. Piers followed a few leads from suits, one of who was Meghan. She introduced him to Rick hoffman (online). Apparently it was all very friendly until Meghan started dating Harry then realised she didn’t need to butter up piers anymore for access to British celebrity. So she ghosted him and instructed Rick to do the same.

Rick came back out of the woodwork and later explained to Piers that Megan had asked him not to speak to Piers.

my guess is, she picked up on Harry’s hostility to Piers and dropped him and distanced herself as much as she could, which included getting her friends to cease contact.
I remain amazed that people could think that anyone who had anything to do with Harry would be kept in the inner circle if they were simultaneously BFF with Piers. Yes, he probably thought all his Christmases had come at once when he realised someone who he knew vaguely in his job as entertainment journalist could get him an ‘in’ with the RF but really? Surely he knew that was never going to be a thing that happened.

I remain amazed that people could think that anyone who had anything to do with Harry would be kept in the inner circle if they were simultaneously BFF with Piers. Yes, he probably thought all his Christmases had come at once when he realised someone who he knew vaguely in his job as entertainment journalist could get him an ‘in’ with the RF but really? Surely he knew that was never going to be a thing that happened.
I mean, members of the press enjoy warm relationships with the royal family. Penny Junor is in good terms with Charles and Camilla, Tom Bradby was on friendly terms with Harry and William etc. etc. they maybe weren’t besties who’d spend holidays together but they had a good working relationship I guess. Plus piers was friendly with Meghan BEFORE she dated Prince Harry.

Piers Morgan is slightly different from other journos in that he has come very close to the hacking scandal of news of the world, and has expressed sympathy for a journalist who hacked Prince William. He isn’t especially apologetic about it and in all honesty, is just a ball of ego and unearned privilege IMO. I wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to be on friendly terms with him.

BUT - this is a big but - Meghan was happy to weasel her way into Piers’ good books, flatter him with attention and get him in side when she was, according to Lizzie Cundy, on the hunt for a wealthy man.

that’s what makes Megan worthy of criticism, and where Piers (for all his numerous faults) has a point. She was happy to buddy up when it suited her and when it no longer did, she discarded him. In what appears to be a pattern of behaviour for her. It’s not too much hassle to send a quick text “look I’m too busy to continue with this friendship” or “I’m sorry but due to personal reasons I can’t continue this friendship” etc etc. to ghost someone in most circumstances, is pretty cruel and unkind, not to mention rude.

I get the impression that Piers was initially flattered by Meghan’s attention and friendship. She ghosted him and shortly after word got out about her dating Prince Harry - so I think Piers knew the lay of the land. So he reached out to her via other mechanisms; he wrote gushing pieces about how smart and beautiful she was. Maybe hoping she’d strike up a cordial relationship that would benefit them both professionally?
But it doesn’t appear like that ever happened. After all, Piers is probably a person non grata in the Windsor household - so Meghan had to go along with that.

then approaching the wedding, stories were being leaked about Meghan that didn’t paint her in a good light. Piers wrote a piece directed at her that looked like a warning shot. I think at this point, he’d started to take the ghosting more personally. Plus he was observing a wider pattern of behaviour: the fact she essentially ghosted her own dad too. I think that’s why he wrote that piece criticising her and took the gloves off, so to speak.

I’m not a fan of piers. I agree with him on a handful of things. I disagree with him on most things. His vendetta against Meghan has come across as petty at times, but I don’t think he expected to be best buds with her. I think he just realised he’d been used and saw red.

Reactions: 12
But Piers is a different kettle of fish to Penny Junor and Tom Bradby though. For one he has a negative history with the RF and for another he was mainly an entertainment journalist. I shouldn’t think that Meghan was the only actor in TV series that he had in his contacts list or saw for a bit of mutual backscratching (give me the gossip and I’ll write you up well) but she’s the only one that went on to get him an in to the ‘upper echelons’. They met once … I think he has possibly over egged any friendship.

I mean, members of the press enjoy warm relationships with the royal family. Penny Junor is in good terms with Charles and Camilla, Tom Bradby was on friendly terms with Harry and William etc. etc. they maybe weren’t besties who’d spend holidays together but they had a good working relationship I guess. Plus piers was friendly with Meghan BEFORE she dated Prince Harry.

Piers Morgan is slightly different from other journos in that he has come very close to the hacking scandal of news of the world, and has expressed sympathy for a journalist who hacked Prince William. He isn’t especially apologetic about it and in all honesty, is just a ball of ego and unearned privilege IMO. I wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to be on friendly terms with him.

BUT - this is a big but - Meghan was happy to weasel her way into Piers’ good books, flatter him with attention and get him in side when she was, according to Lizzie Cundy, on the hunt for a wealthy man.

that’s what makes Megan worthy of criticism, and where Piers (for all his numerous faults) has a point. She was happy to buddy up when it suited her and when it no longer did, she discarded him. In what appears to be a pattern of behaviour for her. It’s not too much hassle to send a quick text “look I’m too busy to continue with this friendship” or “I’m sorry but due to personal reasons I can’t continue this friendship” etc etc. to ghost someone in most circumstances, is pretty cruel and unkind, not to mention rude.

I get the impression that Piers was initially flattered by Meghan’s attention and friendship. She ghosted him and shortly after word got out about her dating Prince Harry - so I think Piers knew the lay of the land. So he reached out to her via other mechanisms; he wrote gushing pieces about how smart and beautiful she was. Maybe hoping she’d strike up a cordial relationship that would benefit them both professionally?
But it doesn’t appear like that ever happened. After all, Piers is probably a person non grata in the Windsor household - so Meghan had to go along with that.

then approaching the wedding, stories were being leaked about Meghan that didn’t paint her in a good light. Piers wrote a piece directed at her that looked like a warning shot. I think at this point, he’d started to take the ghosting more personally. Plus he was observing a wider pattern of behaviour: the fact she essentially ghosted her own dad too. I think that’s why he wrote that piece criticising her and took the gloves off, so to speak.

I’m not a fan of piers. I agree with him on a handful of things. I disagree with him on most things. His vendetta against Meghan has come across as petty at times, but I don’t think he expected to be best buds with her. I think he just realised he’d been used and saw red.
But the people she's ghosted have shown themselves to be awful anyway. Why can't you stop replying to some old weird guy. Piers is married after all! It's nuts to be this vindictive over something that happened so long ago at this point and reeks of bruised ego.
Her father embarrassed her just before the wedding I would absolutely ghost him!
Don't get me started on her awful sister 😂

Reactions: 4
But the people she's ghosted have shown themselves to be awful anyway. Why can't you stop replying to some old weird guy. Piers is married after all! It's nuts to be this vindictive over something that happened so long ago at this point and reeks of bruised ego.
Her father embarrassed her just before the wedding I would absolutely ghost him!
Don't get me started on her awful sister 😂
I don’t like her dad one bit but he was hounded and humiliated by the press for months prior to the wedding and then duped by an unscrupulous tabloid journalist. You’d think the pair of them would have cut him a bit of slack. After that fair enough but I think Harry, Meghan, Thomas Snr, the horrible sister and brother are all cheeks of the same arse.

Reactions: 11
I don’t like her dad one bit but he was hounded and humiliated by the press for months prior to the wedding and then duped by an unscrupulous tabloid journalist. You’d think the pair of them would have cut him a bit of slack. After that fair enough but I think Harry, Meghan, Thomas Snr, the horrible sister and brother are all cheeks of the same arse.
Again, to be fair he was offered help and support but declined. I think they could have done more to pursuade and keep tabs on him, but other than parachuting James Bond in with a zed bed if he didn’t want the help they couldn’t force him.

Again, to be fair he was offered help and support but declined. I think they could have done more to pursuade and keep tabs on him, but other than parachuting James Bond in with a zed bed if he didn’t want the help they couldn’t force him.
Is there a source other than the less than credible Harry and Meghan. Thomas Snr doesn’t seem like the type to me to turn down a freebie.

Reactions: 2
it was in the original “burn” piece Piers did on Meghan.

he shared a screenshot of Meghan saying hi.

he quoted Rick Hoffman (but didn’t share screen grabs)

---

honestly, omid seems like such a wrongun. A strange, strange guy.
---

we don’t even know what was said, never mind context. We have some loose allegations and aspersions made by a woman whose interest lay in generating as much hype as possible for herself and her interview.
---

… did he? All he did was briefly hold her hand as she got out of the car…?

When do you ever see him do that ? It’s rare. Also that clip you shared has been edited and it doesn’t show from the minute they got out the car and the paps were shouting questions about Scobie’s book.

Here’s a different version.

Reactions: 1
Is there a source other than the less than credible Harry and Meghan. Thomas Snr doesn’t seem like the type to me to turn down a freebie.
Again, to be fair, if it wasn’t right I’m sure he or Samantha would have corrected it by now ;) And I would actually think it’s standard operating procedure from the security bods at the very least.

The Thomas Markle thing is strange. According to Meghan he was a great dad and Harry paid for her and her parents to have Christmas or Thanksgiving together somewhere nice when they were first together so we can take it that all was well when she first started going out with Harry. It really does seem like his only error was the photo shoot which wasn't great obviously but also seems to me like something she could forgive him for? Obviously he's compounded that error since by going on loads of TV shows and talking about her but I don't understand why it couldn't have been fixed when it happened first. He was obviously taken advantage of by the photographer.

Reactions: 10
The Thomas Markle thing is strange. According to Meghan he was a great dad and Harry paid for her and her parents to have Christmas or Thanksgiving together somewhere nice when they were first together so we can take it that all was well when she first started going out with Harry. It really does seem like his only error was the photo shoot which wasn't great obviously but also seems to me like something she could forgive him for? Obviously he's compounded that error since by going on loads of TV shows and talking about her but I don't understand why it couldn't have been fixed when it happened first. He was obviously taken advantage of by the photographer.

I think it was very obvious that Thomas Markle was so out of his depth when Meghan first got with Harry. I believe the information that TM was offered help with media came from The Palace themselves. I think they said it was offered to both Doria and Thomas and Thomas declined.

Again, to be fair, if it wasn’t right I’m sure he or Samantha would have corrected it by now ;) And I would actually think it’s standard operating procedure from the security bods at the very least.
Maybe I’m misremembering but didn’t Thomas Markle deny that he’d been offered help? Wasn’t that one of his gripes at the time.

He didn’t fit her image she wanted to portray, but her mom did, just not her mom’s family who she cut out too. Don’t forget the mailing her wedding rings to her first husband to tell him it was over!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.