The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have the impression Meghan lied a lot about her family. Nobody showed up to her wedding except her mother. She had no family. But she sure made certain to invite a bunch of A-listers nobody knew to prove she Made It Big!

Reactions: 13
Apologies, tried to search for the other royal families in Europe thread but can’t find it!! But just want to say, with the news about Letizia today, what the hell is going on with all the royal families lately?? Why is all this gossip being spread and making the papers? What are they trying to tell us??

Reactions: 3
Apologies, tried to search for the other royal families in Europe thread but can’t find it!! But just want to say, with the news about Letizia today, what the hell is going on with all the royal families lately?? Why is all this gossip being spread and making the papers? What are they trying to tell us??
It’s weird isn’t it! It seems the last few of years have been non stop drama for almost all the royal houses,

It IS interesting that the Spanish media were revealing and fuelling the Danish “affair” scandal recently and yet have reportedly been silent on the latest Letizia drama, now if I was a betting woman I would put money on that not being a coincidence

Reactions: 2
It’s weird isn’t it! It seems the last few of years have been non stop drama for almost all the royal houses,

It IS interesting that the Spanish media were revealing and fuelling the Danish “affair” scandal recently and yet have reportedly been silent on the latest Letizia drama, now if I was a betting woman I would put money on that not being a coincidence
It’s seems that a few people have it in for Letizia, one is a journalist and also mentioned is Juan Carlos.. It seems that the journalist wrote a book or an article about Letizia with JC blessing.. To me because of the type of woman she is ( my own opinion) there could be some truth but there again someone maybe stirring the pot and is trying to undermine her.. from all accounts she is not liked.. I by looking at her photos.. have not warmed to her.,

I can't imagine Letizia having an affair especially with her distaste for her horrendous father-in-law and his heinous behavior.

William and Frederik, absolutely, plenty of evidence they've cheated over the years.

I read somewhere (might even have been on here) that when the writer worked at the British Embassy/Council/Consul in Spain that they'd had a visit from the King and Queen. Apparently Felipe was lovely (and not hard on the eye either!) and spoke to everyone whereas Letizia only spoke to the bigwigs and was visibly impatient while waiting for him to stop talking to the plebs.

This it headline news on the Daily Mail 😂 “woman smiles”. Jesus Christ. I mean come on… how is this headline news?

IMG_2624.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’ll be interesting to see if Harry is away. Meghan is so unlucky - she always seems to get “papped” when he’s not there! 😜

Aren’t Backgrid usually employed by the actual celeb for pap shots? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t mean to be unkind but omids face looks like it’s being held back by bulldog clips. What on earth as he done to himself?!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I read somewhere (might even have been on here) that when the writer worked at the British Embassy/Council/Consul in Spain that they'd had a visit from the King and Queen. Apparently Felipe was lovely (and not hard on the eye either!) and spoke to everyone whereas Letizia only spoke to the bigwigs and was visibly impatient while waiting for him to stop talking to the plebs.
Well remembered! That was me! 😊

Here are some comments via DM
The misogyny runs deep in some of those posts!
---
Aren’t Backgrid usually employed by the actual celeb for pap shots?
No, that’s an internet myth. Paparazzi use Blackgrid to host their images and sell them on. They aren’t a paparazzi agency nor do they employ paparazzi.
That’s not to say that images aren’t set up or staged but that isn’t related to Blackgrid themselves - it’s between the celebrity and photographer.

Reactions: 10
Paparazzi are 100% always called. If you see a paparazzi photo that's published, it's pretty obvious someone involved - the PR agency of the celebrity most likely - has called to get them photographed, to be seen and put in magazines, online, whatever. PR. Meghan's so happy she gets papped whenever Harry isn't around, then she can easily whine about it to him.

Reactions: 5
I believe the book is written by Jaime Peñafiel and he has a big hatred of Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia so all he writes is heavily biased. He has long commented about Letizia’s background, saying she isn’t equal to her in laws and has written historically inaccurate articles on Sofía. He thinks that Felipe married down and has damaged the Spanish royals for it. He was rude about Lenor’s baptism saying the other children were very badly manner (if I recall correctly he used a Spanish word that has bad connotations??) and they should have stayed at home.
There is bad blood between him and Sofia due to his daughter’s death by drugs. As she is the President of an anti drugs foundation he wrote to the then Queen as he wanted her to use his daughter’s death as an example of what could happen. Sofia didn’t reply back personally and instead he received a letter from her office. Since then he has felt slighted as he spent many years supporting the Royals.

Reactions: 7
Who has the key to all the Royal jewels now? Kate is wearing lots more bling from Royal ancestry that we didn’t see her wesring before. Is it because she has stepped up in rank or Charles is a little more generous than TLQ

I believe the book is written by Jaime Peñafiel and he has a big hatred of Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia so all he writes is heavily biased. He has long commented about Letizia’s background, saying she isn’t equal to her in laws and has written historically inaccurate articles on Sofía. He thinks that Felipe married down and has damaged the Spanish royals for it. He was rude about Lenor’s baptism saying the other children were very badly manner (if I recall correctly he used a Spanish word that has bad connotations??) and they should have stayed at home.
There is bad blood between him and Sofia due to his daughter’s death by drugs. As she is the President of an anti drugs foundation he wrote to the then Queen as he wanted her to use his daughter’s death as an example of what could happen. Sofia didn’t reply back personally and instead he received a letter from her office. Since then he has felt slighted as he spent many years supporting the Royals.
Also Juan Carlos name was mentioned, there is also bad blood between them ( not referring to the book).. Also a few others have a dislike.. I was surprised at JC being mentioned..

Who has the key to all the Royal jewels now? Kate is wearing lots more bling from Royal ancestry that we didn’t see her wesring before. Is it because she has stepped up in rank or Charles is a little more generous than TLQ
I would imagine a bit of both. Charles will have someone in charge of his wardrobe much like the queen had, but they are less likely to be as tightly in control as Angela Kelly.

With the women’s jewellery now no longer needing to be weighed against the monarch’s choice of costume so tightly (unless Charles takes to wearing diamond-encrusted ties) in combination with the stature of a Princess of Wales, I suspect the rules will be looser.
I think they also would previously have had to avoid anyone outshining Camilla too much due to seniority, but avoidance of letting Camilla shine much due to lingering public dislike, which is now less of a concern with Camilla as queen.

I would also suspect that given Charles’s longstanding passion for environmentalism that he’d be more open to the family wearing existing pieces than buying newer, even if much less costly pieces.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think they’ve always been a bit entitled, a bit bored and restless, and a bit tit in general.

it’s only very recently that the press have been openly critical. From the mid century onwards.

now we have social media, the exchange of information is rapid and democratised. Anyone can have an opinion.

where journalists might’ve been inclined to turn a blind eye or are held to higher journo standards… social media isn’t. For example, none of the U.K. press reported on an elleged affair William had. Supposedly because of an injunction. More likely than not they didn’t have a robust source to protect them from a libel court case. Maybe a combination. But social media users don’t have the same concern.

They’ve always been dubious characters. The difference is that social media is bringing it out into the open and the public don’t need the press to act as a voice box for them.

I find it quite sad that Camilla and Kate wear TLQ’s personal gifts from her parents and grandparents when imo should have been given to Anne. (I’d feel slighted if my brothers wife and daughter in law were wearing my mum’s Jewelry). I don’t mean tiaras and fancy diamond necklaces but brooches and earrings given for her birthday.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.