The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lots of people don't like her and he got a lot of support for it so why wouldn't he? It's actually ludicrous to believe Piers is feeling all sad because Meghan ghosted him and his hurt feelings are behind his dislike.
He was probably pissed off when he realised he'd been played. Also what kind of power play was Meghan up to when she contacted ITV about GMB? I can't imagine how many media organisations called her fake and a liar after that interview and yet she went for Piers? How could he not take that personally? Still, I think he's having the last laugh tbh. He's still doing his thing and H&M are just a laughing stock.

Reactions: 10
To be honest though, IIRC Piers was one of the first public figures to publicly criticise Meghan.

I remember reading THAT daily mail article and feeling quite shocked because, despite all the drama with her dad… Meghan was still pretty popular at that point. That was at the end of 2018 and the couple still had a lot of goodwill then.

I think Morgan is a pretty shrewd, media savvy guy. He probably saw elements in the media which hinted the tide was going to turn for Megan and decided to jump ahead of the curve. I suspect there were personal reasons mixed with opportunism to be honest, I don’t think it has to be one or the other.

I do find it frustrating that the most vocal of meghans critics tend to be white, misogynist men. Maybe it’s just because they tend to have the platform. Maybe it’s because the sensible people not bothered by an outspoken woman (because Megan is fairly outspoken and likes blowing her own trumpet), aren’t that vocal or don’t make as big a splash in the news.

There are a lot of reasons to feel critical of Megan that aren’t landed in misogyny or racism or classicism and I hate that the likes of Piers Morgan, Jeremy Clarkson etc are the most obvious critics of her. Because they are pretty odious people themselves with lots to criticise at their door.

Reactions: 12
There’s an article in today’s Mail that an MP is putting a motion forward to remove H&M of their titles. I wonder how much support he’ll get

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I don't know how they've got the nerve to use their titles. Just sums up what money-grabbing hypocrites they are. Hope they are ignored from now on including the children.
---

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There’s an article in today’s Mail that an MP is putting a motion forward to remove H&M of their titles. I wonder how much support he’ll get
They should just ignore them now. This is only giving them something else to feel victimised by.

Reactions: 6
They should just ignore them now. This is only giving them something else to feel victimised by.
a bit of a first world problem though isn’t it?

I don’t think they should use the titles. I’m surprised they have done tbh since they seemed to be the antithesis of everything they disliked. Yet here we are, Meghan still calling herself duchess. I mean Harry was born a Prince. From Meghan, it’s just silly airs and graces.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Surely it's not. very woke to use the Duchess mode of address? She's "earned" it through marriage and nothing else. All a bit feudal imo

Surely it's not. very woke to use the Duchess mode of address? She's "earned" it through marriage and nothing else. All a bit feudal imo
That’s a good point considering the article today saying she didn’t like playing second fiddle to Kate as she felt she’d had her own career which Kate never did so she had more things to bring to the table. Now she is trading off the title she only got through marriage

What career? An unremarkable acting career?
Lol. Yes I do love they make out she had this amazing a-list career.

I mean she was great in suits, great show.
But she wasn't a-list. She got that from marriage.

Reactions: 3
Lol. Yes I do love they make out she had this amazing a-list career.

I mean she was great in suits, great show.
But she wasn't a-list. She got that from marriage.
I find it baffling that Harry can be best friends with the likes of Tom Hardy - a true talent and celebrated actor - and still be taken in by and impressed by Megan who, sorry but was always a mediocre and unremarkable actress with one real substantial acting job to her name in 20 years of working.

I find it baffling that Harry can be best friends with the likes of Tom Hardy - a true talent and celebrated actor - and still be taken in by and impressed by Megan who, sorry but was always a mediocre and unremarkable actress with one real substantial acting job to her name in 20 years of working.
It’s called manipulation and deviousness.. Also it can’t be helped that he is as thick as two planks

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don’t have a warm relationship with my parents. They were frankly, pretty abusive growing up. They live overseas and I rarely see them.

my now fiancé wanted to meet them before we got engaged. Was pretty insistent on it. And I don’t blame him. They shaped me, they are still my family even if it’s healthier I see less of them. It wasn’t about paying them respect or asking permission. More about understanding the person you’re committing to a lifetime to. Who will be your children’s blood relatives.

I found it pretty bizarre Harry didn’t seem interested in meeting meghans father before proposing/marrying her. Is it breathtaking arrogance that he felt he knew all there is to know and Thomas wouldn’t add anything? Was it because deep down, he knew meeting potential in laws could threaten the illusion he had of Meghan? Maybe a mix of both?

in Spare, Harry called Thomas a “complicated man”. And reading it, I couldn’t understand where that arrogance came from. To declare someone you’d never met, never spoken to properly? As complicated? On the basis of what his wife had told him? The same wife with a track record of stretching the truth?
& she was dating Harry when she still had a good relationship with her father, if I remember correctly she spent the final thanksgiving before engagement with her mum and dad. The relationship only seemed to sour once they got engaged and he was doing weird things in the press, so it’s an even bigger wonder why Harry didn’t meet him just once.

I am not convinced M and Thomas had this close and loving relationship that she portrayed on her blog. Whatever she write was probably exaggerated to appeal to her audience/fit the narrative. I have never heard about her spending thanksgiving 2016(?) with her father before? Even if- it’s quite possible something went down that led to a rift.
My take on it is that her relationship with her father wasn’t close at all for a long time but not necessarily in a bad way. More amicable and a bit distanced. Her gushing posts were over a few incidents when her father did great things for her past but highly exaggerated (weekly sushi after dance class…). She might have felt she was a Daddy’s Girl and still not had a close relationship anymore.
If nothing terrible had gone down I do think it was very harsh to cut him out after the first round of paparazzi. His later antics were horrible though. Funny enough that’s exactly the behaviour they have displayed later with the RF. H&M are adults: they most definitely could have handled Thomas better. It was their responsibility first. Why not fly down before the relationship was confirmed? They managed to meet up for a long time in secret. Even if it was just to make sure he is not going round and talking stuff about them. Getting in front of the story with a solid plan in a good way is not their strong suit. Even Kate’s uncle Garry, which is a nuisance to the Walses to say the least, is handled by W&K via her parents (that’s my take on it obv) to a certain extent.

He obviously is close to his aunts … when Archie was born the DM ran several huffy Articles on how they had seen the baby before William and Kate … and they were both in the Christening photo, one has a particularly natty hat. Weren’t they also supposed to have been at Lilibets as well?
The hat 🤗🤣

Reactions: 1
I am not convinced M and Thomas had this close and loving relationship that she portrayed on her blog. Whatever she write was probably exaggerated to appeal to her audience/fit the narrative. I have never heard about her spending thanksgiving 2016(?) with her father before? Even if- it’s quite possible something went down that led to a rift.
My take on it is that her relationship with her father wasn’t close at all for a long time but not necessarily in a bad way. More amicable and a bit distanced. Her gushing posts were over a few incidents when her father did great things for her past but highly exaggerated (weekly sushi after dance class…). She might have felt she was a Daddy’s Girl and still not had a close relationship anymore.
If nothing terrible had gone down I do think it was very harsh to cut him out after the first round of paparazzi. His later antics were horrible though. Funny enough that’s exactly the behaviour they have displayed later with the RF. H&M are adults: they most definitely could have handled Thomas better. It was their responsibility first. Why not fly down before the relationship was confirmed? They managed to meet up for a long time in secret. Even if it was just to make sure he is not going round and talking stuff about them. Getting in front of the story with a solid plan in a good way is not their strong suit. Even Kate’s uncle Garry, which is a nuisance to the Walses to say the least, is handled by W&K via her parents (that’s my take on it obv) to a certain extent.
I think so too, it wasn’t just on her blog though. I remember seeing interviews when she was talking about her relationship with her dad, or speaking of herself as a total daddy’s girl. It was a talk show similar to jimmy fallon etc.

I can’t find it because of all the drama since (she cancelled a jimmy fallon appearance last minute this time last year).

As she got older and I guess that image got a little stale, she migrated to actress - except that branding never really took off for her. She didn’t hit big in her acting career despite a long term relationship with a producer. The end was on the horizon for suits so she needed to move on, and discard the producer hubby.

so she switched tactic to became an influencer/blogger foodie, world traveller and sophisticate, at a time when blogging was popular and before we all started talking about how people only posted a highlight reel of their life online. When bloggers were aspirational and a fantasy we bought into. A lot of c-list actresses made similar moves to this (Ashley Madekwe had a popular fashion blog while her acting career stagnated a bit)

entering her mid 30s, she switched tactic again. The whole celeb/influencer thing wasn’t working out so much for her. She wasn’t THAT famous and I guess she wanted to be more serious as she got older, hence the move to UN ambassadorship, the move to the U.K., spewing that soap commercial anecdote to everyone she spoke to as though she was a lifelong feminism champion and branding herself as humanitarian. All very A La (the movie) Bruno.

now, she’s a professional victim with a splash of humanitarianism.

the South Park parody of her was spot on. She’s depicted as visiting a brand management/PR company and her branding starts off as “sorority girl” but then migrates to actress and eventually, victim.

IMG_0932.jpeg

IMG_0933.jpeg

i don’t think her and her father were ever as close as she made out, and it just illustrates how easily she lies and twists the truth as she sheds her latest skin. I think if she’d had a close a relationship with her dad as she’d initially claimed, she wouldn’t have thrown him under the bus in the way she did.

he was her loving daddy when he was tucked away in Mexico, before she was famous enough that people would be interested in him. He could be part of her fantasy that way. But when it came to the wedding, it became obvious he wasn’t part of the image she wanted to portray of herself as some sort of All-American upper middle class princess cum sophisticated world traveller and humanitarian.

Thomas is a pretty down to earth, unassuming and regular man. He isn’t especially refined or polished. This wouldn’t bother meghan if her own persona wasn’t such an act. But because it is a facade - and facades are fragile - she had to discard Thomas lest his normality risked ruining it.

I wonder if that’s why Harry was so disinterested in meeting Thomas? He knew he might ruin the fantasy that was Meghan Markle. I wonder if Meghan picked up on that and started to distance herself from Thomas? Then used his first mistake as a reason to discard him? I don’t think anyone will ever know the truth of their mentality as a couple where Thomas is concerned. But it’s certainly bizarre how much of a u-turn it all took, and it’s bizarre how little interest Harry had in him.

I’m of the opinion, as I said before, that Harry doesn’t love Meghan on a deep level. He has put her on a pedestal and wilfully ignores anything that might tarnish his fantasy or spoil it for him. That’s why he’s happy to perpetuate her lies and that’s why he was never interested in meeting her dad. He isn’t interested in her as a person, just who she is as a fantasy. A vehicle for him to project his mummy and abandonment issues onto. A fantasy to alleviate his inferiority complex. It’s all very self absorbed, but then that’s how Harry has shown himself to be.

Reactions: 11
I can't Imagine Meghan doing anything like that .... 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
@cee-bee Interesting thought. Obviously I don’t know them personally and I try to base my assumptions on what they say and what they do and not on what others say or speculate (looking at the tin foil hat department). A lot of the things they actually said on record are massive red flags I can’t even. I don’t think they are bad people per se. But together they seem to be stuck in a pretty toxic cycle.
In the end the whole Engame, Royal Racist is a bit of a dud. It didn’t change things the first time round and it doesn’t now - especially with all the vague, not completely true or completely exaggerated things that came up since Oprah. Not the least thanks to H remarkable U-Turn. BP does well on not commenting on this whole thing further then they did in the past with the gold Recollections may vary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.