The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh well...Scobie's a shoo-in for Celeb Big Brother now. He'll need all the money he can get.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The whole baby comment saga is SO tedious! Enough already. I'm sure it's not the last we'll hear of it either :sleep:

Reactions: 4
I‘m sure I read yesterday that he said “Charles” meant something else in Dutch!
You couldn't make it up! (Except he did) 😆
Hilarious, as I think there's a bloke called 'Charles' in the British Royal Family.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
William seemed very protective of Kate when they arrived for the Royal Variety Performance but not surprised when the paps were shouting at them about Scobie.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
I’ve only just realised Scobie is British! All this time I assumed he was American!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The comment about the skin colour of their unborn baby.
It's not getting much of a reaction is it? I don't think anyone cares anymore.
Because it's the kind of comment many families have up and down the land as soon as anyone announces they're pregnant - whose colouring will they have, which eye colour etc. nothing is meant by it, it's being weaponised by Madam Market and her Waxworked flunkey.

Reactions: 11
ITV and the mirror have named them, I presume the rest will follow. I wonder if the palace have okayed it and just thought oh let’s get it over with? Seems strange that they would all suddenly start doing it at the same time.

I do think how it’s come out has been quite useful for the royals, it’s certainly lost it’s impact and is hardly breaking news anymore, which it would have been had one of the papers got the original scoop.

Reactions: 6
ITV and the mirror have named them, I presume the rest will follow. I wonder if the palace have okayed it and just thought oh let’s get it over with? Seems strange that they would all suddenly start doing it at the same time.

I do think how it’s come out has been quite useful for the royals, it’s certainly lost it’s impact and is hardly breaking news anymore, which it would have been had one of the papers got the original scoop.
I was coming to say this. There must have been some green light for them to do it together

I’ve not seen the story at all on the bbc website (not watched the actual tv news today)

Reactions: 3

It’s also removed Harry and Meghan’s trump card.

Reactions: 15
I think this is now a 'publish and be damned' situation.

The thing is it might be a rough week, but it appears more and more that the RF have been blackmailed over this info for years. Now it's out there what power and leverage do H and M have. Also what can they sell now. The longer they are away from the RF the less relevant their 'intell' becomes. Omid is now basically irrelevant too.

H and M have lost Spotify, likely to lose Netflix. They've now lost their trump card on info to sell in future books. They've alienated royal fans and non royal fans dont care about them either. They have zero talent or experience in Hollywood to forge a career. After South Park and family guy (I think) mocked them, they are laughing stocks.

Short term pain for long term gain for the RF

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It would also make sense why Kate was apparently the one who pushed for the “recollections may vary” line because she was probably sat their thinking wtf that is not how it went down

Reactions: 14
I think this is now a 'publish and be damned' situation.

The thing is it might be a rough week, but it appears more and more that the RF have been blackmailed over this info for years. Now it's out there what power and leverage do H and M have. Also what can they sell now. The longer they are away from the RF the less relevant their 'intell' becomes. Omid is now basically irrelevant too.

H and M have lost Spotify, likely to lose Netflix. They've now lost their trump card on info to sell in future books. They've alienated royal fans and non royal fans dont care about them either. They have zero talent or experience in Hollywood to forge a career. After South Park and family guy (I think) mocked them, they are laughing stocks.

Short term pain for long term gain for the RF
They can still sell what the actual words said were, even if no one believes them it'll do numbers

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
What I suspect happened was a general conversation about the babies looks (like most families across the world),*maybe* some out dated language was used at most. And meghan being meghan saw her chance to twist it and dramatise itinto her victim narrative. We have seen this happen many times now (e.g. the 'car chase'). She just isn't a reliable witness and has a pattern of behaviour. Harry is just an idiot who can't think for himself.

Reactions: 17

It's going very well for the royals. Two racists instead of one is strangely working in their favour as well I think. There isn't this huge focus on one person and what they said and it's different enough from the original story and everything that's been said about the saga since that it just makes the whole thing look like bs. They must be delighted with how it's going.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.