The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let a narcissist go and eventually they'll hang themselves.
---
They can still sell what the actual words said were, even if no one believes them it'll do numbers
Maybe, but who would touch them. More and more companies are being burnt by them. The Netflix documentary and Spare had loads of contradictions. This is turning into a bit of a PR disaster, and maybe even legal (although doubt it will actually happens)

Companies will ask themselves are the Sussexes worth the agro for diminishing returns.

If anything the book they should get is staff who have worked for the Sussexes since they went to America. They've had a very high turn over of staff there. Sure there are stories to tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Letting them be named def means it can't be used against the royal family as blackmail now.

And honestly, I read it and went... what. No. That's crap. And moved on.

Imagine alot of people won't believe it.
Esp with h&ms track record

Reactions: 10
It certainly seems interesting that the two apparent racists are the two most guaranteed to get headlines.

I mean, you’ve got the head of state, and the other “star” woman of the same generation as Harry & Meghan. Perfect for both the more sordid paps for Kate vs Meghan, and other news outlets for speculation about the King.

They need to just give the convo notes at this point, because the story keeps getting rejigged and brought back around for maximum headlines. It’s been dragged out for years, and we don’t even know if it was racist or a discussion of which parent a baby would look like.

Reactions: 6
Another event, another bad dress choice.
These boxy cape like outfits aren’t that great at the best of times but it seems to be a recurring theme. It’s quite a plain dress for an event at the Royal Variety. But the most egregious problem is that is doesn’t fit. The bad fit means there is so much excess fabric and it bunches up.

IMG_4177.jpeg
IMG_4178.jpeg
IMG_4179.jpeg

Reactions: 5
The shoulders look terrible. Kate has broad shoulders already (no shade) - this emphasizes it not to mention how it doesn't fit but I assume she can't get anything smaller, she probably is my size and I am 5ft. She has far better evening gown options. This doesn't seem to meet the glitzy, glam look. and the hair, everywhere!

William button up your darned jacket, ugh!

Reactions: 2
I do wonder who would be hit if the palace opts for legal proceedings - Scobie for leaking it for book publicity, or Morgan for naming for the British audience. Or both?

These boxy cape like outfits aren’t that great at the best of times but it seems to be a recurring theme. It’s quite a plain dress for an event at the Royal Variety. But the most egregious problem is that is doesn’t fit. The bad fit means there is so much excess fabric and it bunches up.

View attachment 2603044View attachment 2603045View attachment 2603046
There's speculation on Instagram that it's a "revenge" (or "duck you") dress as it's by one of Meghan's favourite designers and the cheap earrings and bracelet are by J Crew, also one of Meghan's favourites.

I was gobsmacked when I saw that there were two versions of the dress available as ready to wear and Kate picked the one with the shoulder pads! Looks like they left the coat hanger in it.

• Haha
Did the media show up at the Dutch translators home?
Poor women. She was just doing her job.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
There's speculation on Instagram that it's a "revenge" (or "duck you") dress as it's by one of Meghan's favourite designers and the cheap earrings and bracelet are by J Crew, also one of Meghan's favourites.
The bracelet hasn’t been IDed from what I’ve read but the earrings are a re wear - she wore them back in 2018 to the Festival of Remembrance.
I don’t think it’s revenge dressing, to be honest I doubt Kate or her stylist even know or care who Meghan wore.
---
They can still sell what the actual words said were, even if no one believes them it'll do numbers
I think so too - certain demographics will eat that up.

Reactions: 4
I think the Palace agreed to British media outlets naming them because it makes it seem less likely to be real and like the Palace is hiding something. It’s out there anyway.

This is has had a much different impact to if Meghan had just said the name in the Oprah interview. I think the general attitude seems to be “this isn’t racist” so actually having the name out there isn’t that bad.

Reactions: 6
Scobie is on James o'Brien's podcast. I haven't listened to it but it just popped up on in my podcast feed.

• Sick
It also shows how desperate H and M are. Its been almost 3 years and this is STILL all they have to talk about and offer the world (all while wanting the titles and benefits of the institution they supposedly hate). They have zero depth.

Another benefit is its almost Christmas and with so much going on in the world this will be off the front pages and forgotten by many people as a non story.

Reactions: 11
Well, Harry was upset when Kate didn't want to lend her lipstick to Meghan (from Spare). So yes, without context and details, difficult to assess anything. Meghan and Harry seem both having something against Kate - from Meghan casually calling Kate "Waity Katy" at Ophra's interview and pretending her experience with the press was much more terrible when we all know Kate was followed and harassed by the press for years, her private convo with William was hijacked, she also got bodyshamed etc. Harry made a diss about royal men marrying women that would fit in the RF instead of following their heart during their netflix show. There are many other exemples showing their dislike for Kate. So I would not just base my opinion from them.

Reactions: 12

I like the idea of it and if the rest would fit her the shoulder pads weren’t that bad. But the fit of the bodice/skirt/trousers(?) is atrocious. And the big inside seam on the flares is not exactly the impeccable tailoring you’d expect. The dramatic arms are quite cool though. And the shade of blue is much more flattering on her than the electric/cobalt blue she was wearing a couple of months ago.
I do think she needs to stay away from those high round necklines. Especially if she wears her hair like that. Deeper necklines, a much wider boat neck and so on. But this cuts her off in a weird way.

I think the whole story is exceptionally damaging to H&M because from what I gathered from the interview, M reaction was all based on hear say from H. It is a touchy subject and if you are at odds with your in-laws and your husband tells you they are concerned about your baby’s potential skin colour I get why someone would have a fit. But I say it again. I hope they were concerned about the horrible things they and their baby would have to face if he didn’t come out white as a sheet of paper. And hope they did make plans on how to address that and protect Archie. I mean, he looks as white as they come and still gets mocked and has mean stuff written about him. Can you imagine what they would have to ensure otherwise? The world is not a nice place and people feel way to comfortable to let their ugly side show behind a key board. I really wish they would have settled on a smaller home and used some of their millions to drag those people out of the shadows but in a courtroom to face the music. Not some vague or too broad attacks on the “media”.

Last edited:

Maybe she dropped more weight this week?

I agree it's a bit underwhelming, especially around the festive season. Mind you maybe a deliberate choice given all the commotion

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.