The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they absolutely think they are superior and above us. All of them from the British royals to the Swedes and the Danes. Perhaps excepting the Spaniards.

I think Harry only loathes the media because the media dares criticize him and Saint Meghan. If the media were worshipful of them - he would have zero problem with the media. He's made that very clear: only their sycophants can have access, and they despise freedom of speech and press. William is the same but has kept his mouth shut.

A lot of the bona vacantia etc are remnants from another time, essentially another world - it should all be looked at imo. Give that money back to the communities. Like William bleating about homelessness and how he'll solve the problem - WTF? How about give up some of your Duchy cash and do something useful for it like your father did, but nah. They can talk and not walk the walk, nobody will say boo to a goose.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is anyone going to read the book? It seems to be muck racking from extracts I have seen but it would be interesting to get a view on it if anyone does read it.

Reactions: 3
Omid’s book has the same issue Harry’s did, the sheer one sided bias of it. The fact that there isn’t a single positive thing about any royal and yet Harry and Meghan are presented as saints. I automatically can’t stand anything that doesn’t attempt any sense of balance. It’s also hard to believe he has many royal sources willing to speak to him and yet he has openly admitted H&M’s friends have sourced for the book which is as close to a direct line of communication with them as he can ever admit to…

I also don’t really like the way it seems to be trying to absolve Meghan by bringing down Kate. It doesn’t sit right with me to see a man dragging a woman with infantile nicknames etc (and yes, I thought the same about Tom Bowers Meghan book before anyone asks)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is anyone going to read the book? It seems to be muck racking from extracts I have seen but it would be interesting to get a view on it if anyone does read it.
I have read it. The ghost writer did a great job - it’s engaging and does inject some of the best parts of Harry’s personality into it. The playful, jokey side to him.

Plus Harry does have a unique perspective. He’s an insider to a family who have pulled the drawbridge up and present a total facade to the outside world. Even if his account is biased, it still remains - he’s got insight no one else has.

what did come across was his arrogance, entitlement, lack of appreciation for the abundance of privilege he enjoys - starting from the fact he’s a white man born into vast wealth, he has one on one career advice from senior army personnel. He has the luxury of jetting off to wherever he feels like. He goes through a depressive spell and is able to stay at home watching friends. He is resentful that he has a two bedroom cottage on the grounds of Kensington palace. Most 20/30 something year olds would be overjoyed at that sort of living arrangement. But Harry is resentful because William and Kate have bigger apartments. The entitlement and petulance is breathtaking.

his resentment of William seeps through the whole book. (William doesn’t come across well either but then that’s probably to be expected). He claims their rivalry is mostly one sided, but it’s obvious from his account that he contributes more than he maybe likes to admit. But then of course, it’s obvious that this is a family that is set up for rivalry and contempt - their history is riddled with jealous family members through the centuries. That’s what happens when you place one single person at the top of the hierarchy.

Finally, he paints his relationship with Meghan as being some sort of RomCom script. He relays her very very obvious lies with zero irony or comprehension - from claims she didn’t know who Prince Andrew was, to her swearing she wasn’t involved with Chef Cory, to claims she’s magically free a week he is - while also covering up for the ones she’s told elsewhere (for example, he mentions how their wedding rehearsal was special to them as though it were the real thing, to cover up for the blatant claim Megan made about them having a secret ceremony before their wedding). It’s painful to read at times, how this adult man has been so seriously duped and made a fool of. On some level, he must know she’s a liar. He’s felt the need to explain away some of her lies after all. Which makes me think deep down he knows, he just doesn’t want to acknowledge reality because his fantasy of his relationship is so much nicer.

all in all, id recommend reading (I bought it on EBay secondhand so I didn’t contribute to rich A-Holes becoming even more rich via royalties). I full expected to feel sorry for Harry, given it was his own account. But nope, I came away thinking they were all awful and Harry was just as awful. He did himself zero favours with the book.

Reactions: 8
Omid’s book has the same issue Harry’s did, the sheer one sided bias of it. The fact that there isn’t a single positive thing about any royal and yet Harry and Meghan are presented as saints. I automatically can’t stand anything that doesn’t attempt any sense of balance. It’s also hard to believe he has many royal sources willing to speak to him and yet he has openly admitted H&M’s friends have sourced for the book which is as close to a direct line of communication with them as he can ever admit to…

I also don’t really like the way it seems to be trying to absolve Meghan by bringing down Kate. It doesn’t sit right with me to see a man dragging a woman with infantile nicknames etc (and yes, I thought the same about Tom Bowers Meghan book before anyone asks)
If they’re providing sources to it in the hope that it makes them look good then they need new advisors. He’s constantly labelled as Meghan and Harry’s friend/writer/mouth piece, and whether they like it or not, William and in particular Kate, are popular in the UK. Him writing a book that is very one sided painting them as villains and Harry and Meghan as two innocent betrayed victims just looks like them two trying to have another attack and makes them look really spiteful and envious.

They’ve said a couple of times that they have no more to say on the matter, so if they’re not friends with Omid and aren’t providing sources then they should really contact him and ask him to stop because it reflects badly on them.

Reactions: 6
In all honesty, none of the headlines of the exerts I’ve seen about it come as either a surprise or shock Just from the stuff we know about them anyway. We know they give incomers a hard time and cruel nicknames, we know Charles couldn’t last 5 minutes without someone telling him to breathe in and out, we know they can be petty beyond belief, we know it’s riven with jealousy and peope are terrified at someone is getting better press/more column inches. I was hoping for more!

Reactions: 2
I find it rather unfair that Kate is criticised for not supporting Meghan when for the entire time that Meghan was Harry’s girlfriend or living in the UK Kate was either pregnant or the mother of young children. Of course she didn’t have time to support Meghan and had other priorities…

Reactions: 12
In all honesty, none of the headlines of the exerts I’ve seen about it come as either a surprise or shock Just from the stuff we know about them anyway. We know they give incomers a hard time and cruel nicknames, we know Charles couldn’t last 5 minutes without someone telling him to breathe in and out, we know they can be petty beyond belief, we know it’s riven with jealousy and peope are terrified at someone is getting better press/more column inches. I was hoping for more!
the fact that the Palace PR machine basically told the world that Harry was Williams best man… was a pretty breathtaking lie when you reflect on it, and it came out in the book.

the book also kinda firmed in my mind that Megan is deeply dishonest. If her own husband couldn’t make her look honest in his own book… her lies and dishonesties were just so obvious

Harry also paints them as a family obsessed with headlines. I’d always wondered how much attention they paid to the daily mail and other tabloids. according to Harry - a lot. And I can believe that.

The stuff with Archie’s birth was weird, and I remember at the time wondering what the bell was going on. Was interesting to read Harry’s perspective, but sad that he was still so petty and bitter even when his son had just been born.

id always kinda gotten the vibe they were a bunch of crappy people… Harry’s book pretty much confirmed it from an insider source.

Reactions: 4
……..how many more of these books will there be? One per year? By the end we’ll be on even the corgis asked what colour Archie would be……….

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I find it rather unfair that Kate is criticised for not supporting Meghan when for the entire time that Meghan was Harry’s girlfriend or living in the UK Kate was either pregnant or the mother of young children. Of course she didn’t have time to support Meghan and had other priorities…
What was she meant to do for her anyway? It sounds like they were invited to KP and Anmer and did the basics that anyone would do with a new sister in law. They're clearly polar opposites and were never going to be friends.

Harry was Williams best man. We all saw him beside him at the ceremony and I presume he signed the register as a witness. He says himself he made a speech later on and they were together the night before drinking. What else was Harry expecting from his best man role?

Reactions: 12
I think it’s safe to say no one from the royal PR side is briefing Omind Scoobie so the only way he knows the names of the two royals Meghan mentioned in her letter to Charles is from Meghan herself

Reactions: 8
I always just found it ridiculous that Kate and Meghan were expected to be best friends. How many people are best friends with their husbands brothers wives? Not to mention they were clearly very different people and each had their own lives and friends etc.

When Meghan arrived on the scene Kate was pregnant/had small children and had an awful pregnancy with HG. It was also the same time that it came out later that her brother was depressed and she was going to therapy with him. I doubt she had much time or mental bandwidth to be showing Meghan how to curtsey or taking her shopping in Kensington.
---
What was she meant to do for her anyway? It sounds like they were invited to KP and Anmer and did the basics that anyone would do with a new sister in law. They're clearly polar opposites and were never going to be friends.

Harry was Williams best man. We all saw him beside him at the ceremony and I presume he signed the register as a witness. He says himself he made a speech later on and they were together the night before drinking. What else was Harry expecting from his best man role?
The fact that Harry was annoyed that rather than sleep over with him William wanted to go home to his wife and 3 children, one of which was a newborn baby, and 2 of which were playing an active role in a huge wedding that was going to be viewed worldwide, said it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think it’s safe to say no one from the royal PR side is briefing Omind Scoobie so the only way he knows the names of the two royals Meghan mentioned in her letter to Charles is from Meghan herself
I get the feeling that they are really hoping the names will leak. The focus on how they are in letters etc screams to me that someone is desperate to get them out into the public.

Reactions: 5

Omid would whine and wail about Meghan being pitted against Kate but has no problem doing it himself which is pretty funny, and denying he's their lapdog when Meghan admitted to lying in court about not being involved with his first book...

Meghan and Harry can never get their stories right. Two royal 'racists'? She writes letters? Wait, wasn't she pregnant then, oh, Harry said she wasn't, but she said she was, and he said she was there, but she said she wasn't! aka it's all made up nonsense bombs to be lobbed on Oprah who would not ask questions about this - especially since Meghan was pissed the BRF didn't let her be interviewed on American television by Oprah in the run-up to the wedding.

Omid would whine and wail about Meghan being pitted against Kate but has no problem doing it himself which is pretty funny, and denying he's their lapdog when Meghan admitted to lying in court about not being involved with his first book...

Meghan and Harry can never get their stories right. Two royal 'racists'? She writes letters? Wait, wasn't she pregnant then, oh, Harry said she wasn't, but she said she was, and he said she was there, but she said she wasn't! aka it's all made up nonsense bombs to be lobbed on Oprah who would not ask questions about this - especially since Meghan was pissed the BRF didn't let her be interviewed on American television by Oprah in the run-up to the wedding.
Maybe there are now two royal racists to cover up the fact they contradicted each other about when the conversation took place

• Haha

on Oprah: Meghan said there was a racist in the royal family
on Tom Bradby :Harry said that neither he or Meghan called the royal family racist
Endgame: Omid says Meghan apparently told Charles that there were TWO royal racists

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What was she meant to do for her anyway? It sounds like they were invited to KP and Anmer and did the basics that anyone would do with a new sister in law. They're clearly polar opposites and were never going to be best friends.

Exactly this. Especially the bolder. If he signed the document he was the best men aka the witness. I don’t know what more there would be?
While I agree that W has done a piss poor job to take over the Duchy of Cornwall, I don’t think anyone can actively run such an estate and portfolio alone. That’s a full time job for more than one head. What he most definitely can do is outline the general direction, take part in regular meetings and be visible enough with tenants etc. to appear more hands on than he needs to be. But even that he hasn’t managed. At least it doesn’t look like it.
Sadly, H and A are good examples for that theory that they believe to be better than ordinary humans. Trying to pave the way for your wife after decades of slut shaming and witch hunting was the least Charles could thought for Camilla though. If anything it shows that he cares deeply for her to make sure she could be by his side under human conditions.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.